Page 1 of 3 [ Search found 22 matches ]
Posted: Feb 07, 2010 5:26 

http://www.biohaze.com/news/bhzupdate.gif

Two new functions have been added to the Biohaze Community Forums:

1. Reputation System , which consists of giving 'thanks' to a user when their post(s) are helpful. By clicking this button http://biohaze.com/forums/styles/BHZ/imageset/thankposts.gif below a members post, you are giving them one reputation point.

Users may use this feature as many times as they wish, although obvious abuse will result in a warning. Users with the most reputation points will be added to a special ranking and receive special privileges.

If you want to receive a PM when someone thanks you, go to User Control Panel > Board preferences > Notify me if someone thanks my post (select 'Yes'). For a complete list of these actions, you can check the ' Reputation ' link in the navigation bar.

2. Facebook integration . You can now login with your Facebook account and link it with Biohaze (optional). To link/unlink your accounts or invite your Facebook friends to Biohaze, go to User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Facebook settings.

If you are a new user reading this news, you can register simply by clicking "Facebook Connect" at the bottom of the board index without the need of a password. Select your desired username and become part of the Biohaze community in a simplified manner.
Posted: Feb 09, 2010 9:33 

http://www.biohaze.com/news/bio5ae_lastmercs.jpg

With the help of a great friend, Biohaze has secured high-resolution scans of Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition coverage. This week's issue of Famitsu officially unveiled the presence of Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton as the final two playable characters in The Mercenaries Reunion for Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition. As we all know, both characters were supporting characters for Chris and Jill during the original Biohazard. Rebecca went on to be the co-star of Biohazard 0, and had a major role in The Umbrella Chronicles. Barry made a cameo in the ending of Biohazard 3: Last Escape and starred in Biohazard Gaiden.

Also in the issue is more coverage of Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape. Lost in Nightmares is particularly interesting in that it seems to have camera angles that resemble the remake of Biohazard.

The game hits the PS3 in Japan in 9 days, on February 18, 2010.

Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
Posted: Feb 17, 2010 1:53 

I'm toggling between Modern Warfare 2 (on Veteran), Re5 mercs duo with Seraph (fantastic games btw), and Uncharted 2 multiplayer. Yes I got Fallout 3 out of my system for now. Only thing I have left to do on that is a couple of storyline quests (must've done something the wrong way to not get them) and some karma achievements (blah).
Posted: May 05, 2010 4:45 

Anyone here really enjoy Assassin's Creed? I have it, but not sure if it is worth playing all the way through. It hasn't grabbed me.

Maybe it might be worth it for ACII? No clue.

---

For now, I'll stick with GTA IV: Episodes, RE5, and Outbreak until the new Prince of Persia and Galaxy 2 releases.

Just hated Assassins creed, endless boring fetch quests, a weird disjointed story, and the assassinations never really work out in a stunning way, often times you get spotted and it becomes an ugly chase sequence. The only redeeming quality for me was the free running and parkour, of which is done very nicely, and the cool looking executions.

I dont know, id stick with what ya got, neither game to me did anything to grab the attention.
Posted: May 05, 2010 12:24 

Anyone here really enjoy Assassin's Creed? I have it, but not sure if it is worth playing all the way through. It hasn't grabbed me.

Maybe it might be worth it for ACII? No clue.
Assassin's Creed is great, but you'll love ACII even more. It has everything the first game did right but with way more varied missions, less repetitive and improved combat system. It's definitely in my top 5 games from 2009.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 2:28 

yes, thats the new link
and here another link incase you want to edit/cancel subscription
https://mmbb.auone-net.jp/daa_mmbb.html
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 23:02 

Seraph explained it all well, the only thing I can add is prepare to be banned for no reason other than being overseas. I've entered accurate Japanese credentials from my Uncle's place in Japan, only to have it terminated due to an overseas C.C. or accessing I.P. It makes little difference. When banned however I find they stop charging and you can easily sign back up again, so don't worry much. It's a five minute procedure tops, less if you use the link provided above on your PC.
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 12:03 

Does anybody have a translation for the Area Select screen? Want to know which rooms are which.

I doubt these would be helpful 2 years after asking that question, but here are the direct translations of the names of areas on the Area Selection screen:

Free Area
FREE[e][ri][a]
FREEエリア

Nightmare Area
[na][i][to][me][a][e][ri][a]
ナイトメアエリア

Survival Area
[sa][ba][i][ba][ru][e][ri][a]
サバイバルエリア

Panic Area
[pa][ni][k][ku][e][ri][a]
パニックエリア

Infinity Area
[mu][ge][n][e][ri][a]
むげんエリア
無限エリア

Male Characters Only Area
[o][to][ko][k][ya][ra][ge][n][te][i][e][ri][a]
おとこキャラげんていエリア
男キャラ限定エリア

Female Characters Only Area
[o][n][na][k][ya][ra][ge][n][te][i][e][ri][a]
おんなキャラげんていエリア
女キャラ限定エリア

Elimination Area
[se][n][me][tsu][e][ri][a]
せんめつエリア
殲滅エリア

Showdown Area
[ta][i][ji][e][ri][a]
たいじエリア
対峙エリア

Secret Area
SECRET[e][ri][a]
SECRETエリア
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:58 

Awesome av Seraph! :)
 Post subject: Re: Submit News
Posted: Jul 07, 2011 18:39 

I'll be gutted if RE4 only has 12 achievements.

I mean, I've played that game ridiculous amounts already. Have I mentioned before it's a fact that it's the greatest game ever? I was so looking forward to hammering away at every single achievement the game had to offer but with only 12 achievements it might force me into reconsidering picking it up and only getting CV:X instead.

Would be a shame.
 Post subject: Re: Dead Island
Posted: Sep 03, 2011 2:39 

Game is like Left 4 Dead meets Borderlands. It's fun and all, but, it's VERY glitchy. Was supposed to drive this one girl to safety but the second the quest activated, she just froze in place. She said her lines and her head moved to talk to me but her body was frozen in place and then when she finished her lines, her head froze too.

Couldn't do anything to unfreeze her either. Even reloading from last checkpoint still had her stuck.

Car physics are really really glitchy too. My friend got dropped out of the car a few times randomly while driving, and backing up against a rock trying to turn around got my car glitched up in the air above a house.

The characters are pretty bland and not very interesting overall. And storyline while 'there', is pretty much an afterthought. Your main chars really have no direct role in the game or character interaction outside of simply being 'immune' to the infection and everyone relying on them to do everything because of it. That's pretty much it. Your chars don't really talk or interact with Survivors. They simply say "Ok" "Sure" etc. when you agree to do their quest, that's all.

There's no ad-libbing in game either to allow for any kind of in-game communication between partner players either.

I've only played about 4-5 hours, but, all it has been so far is a bunch of fetch quests and go talk to NPC A and B etc.

There's clipping ahoi in the game as well. Most objectives can't be interacted with. Even little vases you would think you could break just have your foot go through them. Almost anything that requires interaction with has a X toggle script. If you've ever used RPG Maker, the way you trigger Events with it is how things trigger in this game. They simply set Event X to Item or NPC X and you press X and dialogue happens or Item is allowed to be opened or moved. That's it. Little to no animation even involved either. Extremely simplistic and uninvolved.

The game has you opening a LOT and I do mean a LOT of suit cases, and pick-pocketing corpses (even of zombies) to gain cash in the game as well as random items.

Combat involves a lot of kicking early on to conserve weapons until you get better ones and upgrade them. And melee weapons revolve around simply mashing on RT and little else.

Firearms, the only one I've had so far is Purna's rage mode handgun. So I'm not sure if all firearms work the same, but, with hers, it auto-aims at the nearest enemy, you press RT, it auto-targets the next enemy, you press RT and so forth. No actual aiming from you involved. But, again, this could just be part of her special ability with her Fury mode.

Voice Acting is pretty eh overall. Nothing worth writing home about, and hearing a zombie make the same "OARG!" groan every single time you hit it or kick it gets old fast.

Quests as previously mentioned are pretty straight forward. Go find X NPC for X NPC, or go save X NPC for X NPC, or go retrieve X Item for X NPC and so forth. Activate as many quests as you want, then just choose which one you want at any time from your quest menu and follow the radar as to where to go. It shows you directly by footsteps where to go on the map to reach your Quest line.

Zombies themselves (so far) are pretty straight forward. They see you, they run at you and what you expect from L4D is what you see here. They rush you and try to smack you with their hands. Some have weapons (the same weapons you can get) and they'll run up and try to hit you with the knife or hammer they have in their hand which obviously takes much more life off of you than normal. They'll also from time to time try to bite you which simply results in you having to press LT followed by RT (you can actually just mash Lt followed by mashing RT, no timing required) to push them and then punch them to the ground to prevent the attack.

Game auto-saves constantly so, no 'save' function in the game. Simply talk to someone or complete a quest to make it auto-save if you wanna quit.

You can also go to work benches and upgrade, repair, or create weapons, much like DR2. Can't upgrade a weapon unless it's at 100% so you have to spend to repair it first. Each weapon has 4 levels of upgrades available which increase it's durability, damage etc. And you have to find blueprints to be able to create weapons, again, much like DR2.

You level up whenever you gain enough XP and each char has the same basic loadout of skill trees, but, each tree has different skills available to them depending on the char. Purna for example has the Fury tree, the Combat Tree, and the Survival Tree. Skills under fury help boost her fury mode and give her added bonus', extend fury duration, give buffs etc. Skills under combat enhance her effectiveness with firearms or melee weapons respectively. And Survival adds more inventory slots, increases stamina, lets you learn how to pick locks etc.

So overall, everyone can potentially have 'unique' chars to some degree depending on how they level their chars up and what they focus their skill upgrade points on.

Also, EVERY single female char in the game outside of Xian and Purna is in a bikini. Every female zombie, every female NPC. All bikini's. I have yet to see a single female outside of the two playable girls, in ANY kind of clothing besides the same identical two piece bikini. In fact, every single female NPC and zombie in the game has the same exact model for their body. The only difference is in the texture of their bikini. One might have a purple one, one might have a poka dotted one, but, outside of that, it's the same exact body model and the same exact bikini. Just slightly different female heads on each.

I'm sure 'all bikini babes, all the time!' might sound appealing to some, but, keep in mind, basically every female NPC in the game is ugly as sin and looks like they might as well have been beaten to death with whatever melee weapon you decide already anyway. But, if you somehow find that magical clone body they all share HAWT and the head don't matter, go up to the first NPC female you see and fap away. Again, they're all the same so, have at it unless poka dots turn you on more than stripes. Don't worry, no one's judgin' ya.

Overall, despite it's numerous glitches, tacky animations, shallow storyline, bland chars and many other flaws, the game still does manage to be fun. However, to take advantage of that fun, multiplayer is almost entirely necessary. It's definitely something a group of friends can play together and enjoy, whereas a single player experience does get redundant after awhile.

But, again, I'm only 4-5 hours into the game and haven't even gotten to the 'special' infected yet. Just saw some of the 'stronger' zombies and the speedier zombies so far. I'm sure things will get more interesting, more to do, and more fun as I progress. These are just my impressions so far.

If anyone from here gets the game and wants to play co-op, add me on XBL - IkariKH.
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 17:08 

Seraph22x wrote:
Cool, nice template. I can use my George Parkstrollin' image now. :wink:

[ http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77/Seraphim22x/George-Biohaze.gif ]

Nice avatar, added.
Posted: Nov 09, 2011 14:11 

I'm listening to Muse, the whole album of Origin of Symmetry. That's my favorite album by them and plus one of my favorite songs, Space Dementia, is on there.
 Post subject: Re: Submit News
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 12:16 

The multiplayer modes for Resident evil: Operation Raccoon City are now revealed, all featured in a new video!

Battle for the most kills in Team Deathmatch mode, ensure that samples of the G-virus are returned safely to their base in Biohazard mode and fight for your life in Survivors mode! And don’t forget Heroes Mode which allows fans to play as one of their favorite Resident Evil characters, including Leon S. Kennedy, Hunk or Jill Valentine.

Click here to watch the full video!

Source: Capcom-unity Europe
Posted: Apr 19, 2012 20:54 

Just played through the first paid chapter of the Spec Ops mission. It's a lot better than most of the U.S.S. campaigns on premise alone. We never really did get to see the events of Raccoon City from the perspective of a rescue team.

Although, the Specs Ops are essentially a modern Outbreak File 2. Same game engine, new game scenarios. Paying $20 to double the game content is more appealing than buying a second SKU, although ideally it all would have been there on day one.
 Post subject: No Raid mode
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 10:53 

Raid was an awesome mode, if only because there was no co-op in REV. The mode itself didn't really possess a core gameplay mechanic that allowed for besting yourself or others. Once LV50 and everything S ranked, there really isn't much point. I loved it, but I can see why it wouldn't fit in a game that already has co-op. The one thing that should be included is a stage like Ghost Ship with a score keeper, that would be fun and addictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted: Jul 19, 2012 16:32 

The first footage of Biohazard 6‘s Mercenaries mode has been released on the pre-order page for Resident Evil 6 Anthology at GameStop.

Source: GameStop
Posted: Oct 03, 2012 21:23 

I played it on 360, but I can sympathize! I hated that, I kept falling until I tried this:

Hold down one trigger and as it says to hit the other one, don't let go of of the one you are already holding. Like when you are climbing a rope irl, you don't ever let one hand go without having the other one already firmly holding onto the rope. If that makes sense. Initially I was just trying to hit left, right, left, right. But you have to keep one held down until you have the other one held.
Posted: Oct 14, 2012 13:08 

Added all.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_magdl7F6lT1qarjj0o1_250.jpg

Damnation avatars:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mahzpqxeOR1qa99aj.jpg http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mai6dfsOxU1qa99aj.jpg http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mak06bm1IR1qa99aj.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mak073QDWb1qa99aj.jpg http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mak07kIpgf1qa99aj.jpg

Sorry, I had too much fun making these. ^^; Would really like to use either the 1st or 2nd Damnation avatar but only if they aren't too spoilery for the forum.

For Detective:

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/4671/leonav.png

I would love this one for myself. :biggrin:

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77/Seraphim22x/FASAda.png
 Post subject: User Avatars
Posted: Mar 17, 2013 23:24 

We are now allowing the use of user created avatars directly from the user control panel. Originally we wanted to keep a cohesive style on the board and to some extent still do. To do so simply follow some of the steps to create an old style or new style avatar that matches our current style. While this is not mandatory, it does look visually appealing.

We are changing the structure due to a few points.

⋅ Self expression means a lot to us and limiting it in any way is not our intention.
⋅ Users using other users avatar.
⋅ Turn around time uploading avatars isn't instant and nobody likes that.
⋅ Double the work load for us between creating and uploading. We did our best but it's time for change.

If you would like to request an avatar simply post what you'd like in this thread and if someone is kind enough, it will be made for you.
Page 1 of 3 [ Search found 22 matches ]

Jump to:  

Biohaze.com