Page 1 of 3 [ Search found 25 matches ]
 Post subject: Re: Competitive Fighters
Posted: Feb 05, 2010 20:29 

I'm sorry but I still don't understand, how is it good for the thrower to get rewarded if their throw is teched? The one who was able to tech the throw should get a minor advantage if they managed to avoid it, that or have no one have an advantage afterward.
Because walking forward and throwing is riskier than just sitting in crouch block, is it not?

If you give the advantage to the person teching, then what would be the point of approaching at all? Clearly if that were the case, sitting in the corner and blocking would be the best option if you wanted to win.

Naturally that makes for boring gameplay.
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Rain
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 20:10 

I'm really planning on getting this. A friend told me about it, and it seems really cool. Not usually my cup of tea, but I simply have to see this. Someone also told me that playing the game felt like watching a movie.

This friend also told me about this game's predecessor... Indigo Prophecy, I think? Which also seems awesome. Atleast the scenarios he described.
However, he said apparently it isn't available for the PS2 in EU. I wonder why... I looked around, and found nothing.
Indigo Prophecy (US) = Fahrenheit (EU)
 Post subject: Re: Competitive Fighters
Posted: Feb 16, 2010 23:40 

so yeah even though the whole roster has been known since Sept 09,
Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto are confirmed for SSF4 (from Famitsu)
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Rain Online
Posted: Mar 04, 2010 18:45 

I'm not sure what to think of Heavy Rain. On one hand, I think it would be a nice game to play, and on the other hand I think it would suck, because I think it seems like Sims.
PROTIP: download the DEMO.

I like the visual design of the site, it meshes with the motifs from the game itself, and is simple to navigate, and not cluttered. I expected nothing less.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 21:48 

I preferred having the video info to the side of the video

it feels like everything just "floats" now...
Posted: May 09, 2010 22:27 

with the recent dashboard update, is it necessary? you can use external drives up to 16gb now.
doesn't have to be Microsoft brand hard drives or memory units
 Post subject: Re: Persona Series
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 15:07 

gonna trade in ( :( ) BBCT for this
 Post subject: Catherine
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 7:17 

Some Famitsu scans have revealed the newest Atlus project: an action/adventure horror game for PS3/360, entitled "Catherine".
As detailed below, Catherine is the first HD game from Atlus. It's being made with key members of the Persona staff. Included in the staff list are Katsura Hashino as producer and director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as sound composer.

While the game's name is Catherine, the main character is actually a 32-year-old salaryman named Vincent (voiced by Koichi Yamadera). Catherine (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) is a stylish 22-year-old girl who apparently has the charms of a young girl.

The game begins when Vincent, a vegetarian who has no ambition in work or love (I'm not sure if he's literally a "vegetarian," or if the term "vegetarian" is some sort of metaphor for his personality) runs into the mysterious Catherine one day. At night, he has nightmares.

The nightmares serve as an action component for the game. Set in a world with an unending stairway, Vincent has to make it to the top of the stairs, or he will not be able to awaken.

Based off Game Jouhou's summary, it's a bit unclear how the game will progress. However, it does seem that even during the nightmare action parts, you'll end up working through the story and encountering events.

During a staff interview, Hashino said that as their first HD game, rather than trying out a true RPG, the team was excited about trying out something new. It looks like Catherine will be just that, as Hashino said it will be more adult oriented than past titles from the team. It's not all style, though. Hashino promised a deep play experience with plenty of gameplay for players to sink their teeth into.

Soejima said that there are some shockingly adult scenes in the game. When you play these scenes, they'll be even more stimulating, although in a difference sense.

Meguro confirmed the adult leanings of the title, saying that the keywords for the game's music are "classic," "adult oriented" and "erotic." He also promised 5.1ch sound.

http://i33.tinypic.com/1625vdx.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/966/1282110899869.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4378/1282110941802.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1530/1282110994053.jpg
 Post subject: Re: Beauty and the Beast 3D
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 1:19 

Only if you speedrun Beauty and the Beast for SNES.

Spoiler:
signed
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 8:33 

(Keep in mind, I never once stated it was impossible to get around any of this stuff, or that I lose to it 24/7.)

-Spam an Anti-air assist to prevent a jump in while spamming a beam projectile to push me back and try to keep me against the other side of the screen dealing chip damage constantly while trying to prevent me from getting in. Anytime I get past it, character tag out to attack me with the incoming character to cancel my offense, or start a full screen projectile super to push me back once again. Wash Rinse Repeat.

-Spam assist to force me to block high while they use a low attack, usually a slide or ground dash to create an opening to launch me and start their air combo + super. Wash Rinse Repeat.

-Combination of Beam characters and full screen characters like Sentinel to pretty much control the entire screen at any given time and make it hell for me to try and gain any offense.

YEAH HEAVEN FORBID PEOPLE ACTUALLY DOING WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO TO WIN.

Moment of Big Truth ™:
Dude, do you really expect people to play the game the way that you want them to? They are either going to play in a way that is fun for them OR they will play in the way that nets them a win. Those conditions are not mutually exclusive on all occasions either.

Sounds like the mating call of the scrub. Instead of finding out ways to counter their tactics (or even, learn them and use them for yourself to see why they're effective), you're here complaining about people playing the game a certain way. There's no "god team" or "god tactic" that can not be beaten in MvC2. Everything has a counter. Blackheart can fight Magneto, but Cable can counter BH.

I'm not saying you can't complain about certain moves/tactics/characters, because we all do, but I AM saying that complaining doesn't beat Strider/Doom traps and that complaining doesn't beat runaway Storm, and neither does complaining beat that Sent flying above you and kicking you.
 Post subject: Re: Persona Series
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 19:24 

Yama, I heard you are in the market for a new keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823334002

that's a decent one
Posted: Dec 09, 2010 22:03 

Yeah, keep your SSFIV overbalancing syndrome out of my Marvel Tres.
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 22:24 

If Revelations gets ported, I'm cutting my head off.
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 19:08 

Hi guys what's going o-

oh my gord
Posted: May 08, 2011 16:05 

Enough strawman hitting....

Now something for Resident Evil fans:
http://youtu.be/3xNTVpZvNXo
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 21:27 

^ Hot.

Mine is quick, dirty, and sexy.

Just how I like it.
 Post subject: Re: Halo CEA