Page 23 of 47 [ Search found 461 matches ]
Posted: Mar 31, 2012 20:03 

Isn't "DLC Content" kind of redundant?
 Post subject: Re: New Facebook Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2012 23:32 

Added in milestone events into the timeline: specifically, the games in the series released since Biohaze's founding.
Posted: Apr 01, 2012 15:10 

Make em' rage. Rod is my hero.
Posted: Apr 02, 2012 9:09 

Yeah, poor Sony. Their two man indie project never stood a chance!
 Post subject: Re: Submit News
Posted: Apr 02, 2012 21:11 

From Laureen at Capcom Unity, this is info from the latest GameInformer issue.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_ev ... r_May_2012

Spoiler:
Jill Redfield
 Post subject: Re: Moderations Woes
Posted: Apr 03, 2012 14:15 

But hey, keep in mind I do get it as my post that was quoted as summing it up points out. I know how rough a mods job is. And I also know rods running solo 90% of the time so.

As always I just wanted to explain myself is all.

Sent from my Droid
Posted: Apr 04, 2012 14:54 

Not sure if this could really be considered Biohazard news as the teaser site is vague;
but Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega are collaborating on a 3DS game together that seems to be quite horror-related or even possibly about a biohazard.

Capcom(RE/DR), Namco(various RPGs and occasionally collabs with Capcom) and Sega(Phantasy Star Online) huh? Could this turn out to be an rpg horror game with a multi-player aspect?

News: http://addicted-gamers.com/2012/04/04/m ... -revealed/
Teaser site: http://pxz.channel.or.jp/
(the bg music sounds very Biohazard)
 Post subject: Re: Moderations Woes
Posted: Apr 03, 2012 22:52 

Well I think a lot of the leniency is due to biohaze not typically prone to the BS of other sites. We have hundreds of visitors but only a core group of active posters. So we all know what to expect.

Add in that the staff is very small and some of them don't even frequent the site anymore and most stuff is on Rod who is also responsible for technical problems and yea, its not hard to see why there isn't a lot of crackdown on things.

Hell to be honest, if there's a fight going on, I doubt rod cares to read it and see who did what. He has a lot on his plate to care about stuff like that.

For the most part this community is good at moderating itself and telling each other where to draw a line. Anything really overboard just needs to be reported.

Biohaze could definately benefit from extra mods who are here more often to deal with arising problems, but there is nothing going on so dire that it 'needs' to happen. If it did, yama would have already done it.

Sent from my Droid
 Post subject: Re: Deadlight
Posted: Apr 05, 2012 18:12 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZajzuvLAL7w[/youtube]

First gameplay trailer.

Footage speaks for itself.
Posted: Apr 09, 2012 10:46 

A Tumblr for the enigmatic user of the IVY hoodie auction, FireFish2012 has shown up:
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/firefish2012
(I can't seem to access it, even when logged in. Says request denied.)
LeechCharmer from The-Horror provided a picture of a letter likely obtained from the tumblr:
http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?9051-Resident-Evil-6&p=216705&viewfull=1#post216705

Also 10 new screens of the ORC Spec Ops campaign(if no one has posted them up already);
courtesy of Biohazard France
Posted: Apr 09, 2012 23:01 

From Hazardman at Capcom Unity
http://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/189080334997004288

"This Tuesday at 8am PST stay tuned for some big Capcom coverage on IGN. Expect good things."

Hopefully i can sleep.

Also from Hazardman89: http://blogocio.net/hoy-acaba-el-embargo-del-capcom-captivate-2012-no-52156/

Use Chrome or google translate.

It says in a few hours if iam not mistaken... 12:00.
Posted: Apr 10, 2012 18:05 

You can choose which character to play as at the start, so you can play each story in any order. Like RE1 and RE2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Apr 11, 2012 22:24 

They did this just to steal CVXs money.
 Post subject: Re: RE 6 VA's
Posted: Apr 12, 2012 2:41 

Lots of reasons factor into whether an actor returns or not. Most of the voice over community is constantly keeping work, and actually enjoy getting call backs for returning roles. However most of the time auditions are made in advance for characters who have been voiced by other actors.

The way the original RE was cast and recorded is not the same as how RE6 is handled for instance. The original work for the first game was done in Japan.

I can say that RE2-CVX relied heavily on talent over in Canada. Capcom had actors who worked on Marvel vs. Capcom audition for RE2 which at the time didn't have a working title. Alyson Court had no idea she was even recording for a sequel.

When it came to the Resident Evil remake they localized in L.A.

Then with RE Zero they went back to the Canadian talent. This is why Richard Waugh returned as Wesker in Zero, but not the remake. In Canada he was listed for the role so he got the call back.

When it came time for RE4 they had a cast lined up in L.A. and the game went though different iterations before they settled on the final version we have today. Kris Zimmerman was originally attached to direct the voices for RE4 and wanted Paul Mercier to play the role of Leon. But she left the project and the replacement VO director kept Mercier on board despite the new direction the game was going. With returning characters like Wesker and Ada they used Richard Waugh and Sally Cahill in Canada as opposed to recasting in L.A. They pulled their resources in for recording in both territories.

With Umbrella Chronicles the localization was strictly L.A. based. The voice for Wesker in the RE remake (Peter Jessop) was asked to come back to the role but he had other projects lined up and couldn't do the voice. So in that same agency they auditioned for other voices and just happened to have D.C. Douglas read for Wesker. He was already set to record minor roles in Umbrella Chronicles, but when he auditioned for Wesker they decided on him. He has since played the role. They recast Ada because the game was localized. However when Darkside Chronicles was being made they decided to pull their resources together and use Alyson Court and Sally Cahill to play Claire and Ada in that game. This marks another occasion where a actor that was recast returns to the role. But this doesn't always guarantee anything. ORC used Alyson Court for Claire, but replaced Sally Cahill with Courtenay Taylor when it came to Ada Wong. And that's who I suspect to be Ada in RE6.

Roger Craig Smith didn't voice Chris in Umbrella Chronicles. The only people that carried over from UC were P.J. Lee (Jill), D.C. Douglas (Wesker) and later Stephanie Sheh (Rebecca). And P.J. Lee had voiced and did the mocap for Jill in RE5 as well as performed for Mercenaries 3D. For some reason or another she didn't return to Revelations despite doing Jill's voice for the teaser and demo that came with Mercs 3D. Michelle Ruff auditioned and got the role of Jill for Revelation and ORC thus far. Her and Roger Craig Smith also did original characters from the RE: Degeneration CGI film.

What is true is that during auditions a lot of the VO directors like Stephanie Sheh and Liam O' Brien will cast themselves in roles and look to people they've worked with in the past. Look through most of the games they've done and you'll see that the agencies they belong in pull these actors to a lot of products in L.A. Going to my Wesker examples both Peter Jessop and D.C. Douglas play prominent characters in the Mass Effect game series.

Personally I have my favorites when it comes to which actor's voice I enjoy for which character. Especially in RE. But at this point I'm used to the idea that every actor working in this franchise is replaceable...... Except Alyson Court. I think she's either really lucky or her prior work with Capcom outside of voice acting might give her special treatment over the rest.
Posted: Apr 12, 2012 11:09 

We're all acting like cloning wasn't even done already. As forgetful a character as Sergei Vladimir was, he is unfortunately a canon part of the series. And since he was compatible with the T-Virus 100% to create tyrants, they made 10 clones of him. And like some have already mentioned, in a series where you have super humans throwing missiles with such speed they explode on contact, genetic cloning is not so far fetched.
Posted: Apr 12, 2012 15:35 

Interview with BH6 executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi: http://www.primagames.com/games/resident-evil-6/news/resident-evil-6-hiroyuki-kobayashi-takes-survival-

Highlight:

We’re taking survival horror to next level. Your worst fears lurk behind every corner. We’re going beyond the boundaries of everything you’ve ever experienced before. We have some really special creatures in this game designed to really frighten you. We’re going back to the original game where you were scared all the time. We’re putting back all the spills, thrills and chills of Resident Evil games. We’re maxing out everything to deliver something really huge, something you haven’t experienced before.
Posted: Apr 14, 2012 17:20 

Well, let's put it this way. If you were to create a "clone" of someone with intent on said "clone" doing things in this persons name. Would you not make sure that the "clone" would know every detail that the original did? Otherwise it's not a "clone" it's just something that looks similar.
Posted: Apr 14, 2012 16:43 

Thought this would be worth sharing. Whatever comes out of the cocoon at the beginning of the trailers is female and has Ada's hairstyle. Look closely at the chest and head.

Hrm, I'm still having a hard time seeing it, since to me it just looks like a spine and an uncompleted head attached. Might have to trace over it for me, I'm blind. Are you sure that it's coming out as a complete subject though? When it was pulling away from the cocoon, it's ribs were exposed; looked rather undeveloped.

But if it were the case of being Carla Radames, a clone of Ada; would not that clone have had to been made and then injected with the C-virus, to create that body-shaped cocoon?

Btw, it seems rather odd that the name Carla Radames was chosen, if that truly is the name. Because it's an entirely Spanish name, and well Ada(even if that's an alias) is supposedly of Chinese heritage. But I suppose you could give anyone any name you like, if you wanted. Perhaps it has it's own meaning.

Save the image and do some fiddling in any image editor. Up the contrast and/or brightness and adjust the colors. It's easier to make out when doing a frame-by-frame of the actual trailer, but you can clearly make it out.

Radames is the name of the Egyptian hero in the play "Aida".

The purpose of the experiment was to create a completely new life form (a clone in this case) from a chrysalid state. We don't know the particulars yet. Maybe a person's genetic material can be administered into any C-Virus cocoon to replicate them?

As for the blanked out name...

http://i.imgur.com/TWhBl.jpg

Reconstructed the name from other letters in the screencap but with incorrect spacing.

First name is the reconstructed name.
2nd name is the reconstructed name with the top of the censor bar pasted over it.
3rd name is the reconstructed name with the top of the censor bar pasted over it and the pixels of letters poking through highlighted in red (which match the positions of where the tall letters of the reconstructed name meet the censor bar)
4th name is the original censor graphic for comparison.
Posted: Apr 14, 2012 22:30 

You beast. Guess you would know my next question though...
Posted: Apr 13, 2012 23:15 

So... I ordered this.
Page 23 of 47 [ Search found 461 matches ]

Jump to:  

Biohaze.com