Page 1 of 4 [ Search found 40 matches ]
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Rain
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 20:10 

I'm really planning on getting this. A friend told me about it, and it seems really cool. Not usually my cup of tea, but I simply have to see this. Someone also told me that playing the game felt like watching a movie.

This friend also told me about this game's predecessor... Indigo Prophecy, I think? Which also seems awesome. Atleast the scenarios he described.
However, he said apparently it isn't available for the PS2 in EU. I wonder why... I looked around, and found nothing.
Indigo Prophecy (US) = Fahrenheit (EU)
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 12:30 

Eoweniel wrote:
Are Barry and Rebecca exclusively for the Alternate edition, or will they be available as DLC as well?
Alternative Edition doesn't have any exclusive content, everything will be available as DLC.
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 12:29 

@Eoweniel
Of course, Barry comes with Lost in Nignmtares and Rebecca with Desperate Escape
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4991
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 16:55 

It's actually simpler than it seems but people really panic at the frequency the majini regenerate. Focus on Ndesu, AND ONLY kill them if he's stunned (when he's hit enough and falls back a bit, not when the big plaga is sticking out). Never shoot them when Ndesu is at a distance either because any missed bullet as he's walking towards you means that he'll be able to stomp you.

With that said, watch your QTE's and make sure you don't overheat your gun. As soon as the plaga sticks out, both you and your partner shoot as it while ignore any projectile the majini may throw at you. They don't do much damage compared to the havoc he can raise. If you do that, you can take him out on the 2nd time the palga sticks out.
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 17:38 

Like I said, mostly I just have clumsy partners or someone (me especially) misses the frickin' dodge chances. Those do a shitload of damage on Pro and you can't really afford to be hit.

Well there is the issue QTE online lag; sometimes you can't help it. Also during the few times I tried the 360 version, I felt that the button input for them is a bit sluggish. Seemed that I had to press them all the way down, whereas it's a bit smooth on the Dual Shock.
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 17:14 

WESKER 3 {Part 1}

WESKER 3

"Who is afraid of Marcus? Nobody...", Dr. Birkin hummed while he worked the monitors. Beside him, Wesker had settled on the chair, but appeared to be neither interested in the monitors or the boisterous and merry-looking Birkin.
"He is nowhere to be seen. So he bailed."
The monitors continued to show constant changes in live images from all corners of the Umbrella Training Centre. Judging by these pictures, the training centre was a kind of haunted house in a way, which was teeming with ogres and monsters.
The first director of the training centre for future high-level personnel of the Umbrella Corporation had been just that, Dr. James Marcus. But before more detail can be revealed on the fate of the ill-fated scientist, it is necessary to say a few words about the international conglomerate Umbrella.
Everything began with the discovery of the 'proto-virus' in 1967. This discovery was one of the reasons for the rapid growth of Umbrella. It has to be assumed that this virus in ancient times made a crucial contribution to the emergence of life and death on earth. In other words, this original virus was the answer to the question of questions, a question whose answer has facinated scientists for centuries; the question of the origins of life.
In any case, the virus had the ability to mix genetic information to cause unique mutations. And it possessed the ability to transfer these altered genes into other organisms by infecting it and causing a fresh spontaneous mutation. This ability to transfer to spontaneous mutation functioned both between whole individuals and between individual cells. The original virus was one of the great discoveries of the century, but hardly anyone took any notice. And nowhere were the facts of this discovery ever published. But why?
Behind this wonderous discovery stood three men. Ozwald E. Spencer, a famous noble, Edward Ashford, also noble, and Dr. James Marcus, Spencer's friend from university times. Lord Spencer was the most inhuman man, which you can imagine. Although blessed from birth with wealth and prestige, he still suffered from a painful ambition, an insaitable greed for more. Spencer dreamed of ruling over everything and everyone. The whole world he wanted for himself. Anything less, simply would not satisfy him. Of the three, Spencer was the only one who really understood the potential power of the proto-virus over mankind. And it was only logical that he instigated the launching of Umbrella Corporation in order to feed his hunger for power. This differentiated his thinking and his attitude from the outset in principle to Ashford, who was concerned only about the reputation of his family, or from Marcus, who wanted simply to pursue his research with a vigour.
After its establishment, the Umbrella Corporation gave itself to the outside world the appearance of a globally operating pharmaceutical company. But secretly with the help of the research on the proto-virus they could significantly advance in the field of biological weaponry. Spencer's first goal was to dominate the arms market. In fact, the Umbrella Corporation grew like wildfire to a considerable size. This rapid growth had been fuelled mainly by the political power of the original virus as the ultimate threat.
While Marcus was one of the discoverers of the original virus, the rapid growth in size and power of Umbrella meant he was soon pushed to the sidelines. Power struggles and plots had never been one of his strengths. Spencer, however, was a true expert in fighting with hooks and eyes, and had an easy time dealing with Marcus. Almost overnight, Marcus was pulled out of all the company's planning and shifted to the post of Director of the company's own training center. The scientist immediately realised that this was done to remove him from the power centre of the group. But he never fought against his transfer because he knew he could gain something positive from it after all: There, in this remote training center in the woods, it would easily be possible to evade control by the central office and work quietly on his research. In a sense, therefore, Marcus was even grateful to Spencer for this transfer.
Posted: Feb 09, 2010 17:30 

Okay, as promised. Here is the first part, the only completely original chapter in the whole book.

PREFACE

This story is about a screen; about a powerful, invisible shield called Umbrella. It is of course, a purely hypothetical story.
Some countries in this world are referred to as ‘rogue states’. They say that they support terrorism, and that they are both militarily and economically placed under huge pressure. However, other countries are considered to be ‘developing a social network’ and receive every possible assistance.
There are still many people who are foolish enough to believe that a clear dividing line differentiates the good from the bad and the bad countries that are spawned by the good countries must be punished with a vengeance. These days, even a primary school child would know that such distinctions are completely arbitrary, and only on the basis of profit and power are these interests taken.
Who is good? Who is evil? Who has the power to decide? Ground water, which, depending on how you see it, perhaps not even the ‘good guys’ can be counted.

Figuratively speaking, a cold, poisonous rain patters onto our world. Because of this poison rain, we are all dependent on a screen in order to survive. Anyone who has found a place under this umbrella can anticipate as much support as possible. But those who are not under this umbrella will be declared a rogue state.

The beginning of this legend was in 1967 in the tower room of an old castle. The castle was owned by Ozwell E. Spencer, a Lord well known throughout Western European nobility. Lord Spencer had put parts of his castle under the disposal of a certain Dr. James Marcus who had for many years been in the employment of a prestigious Swiss university.
Marcus was discovered at this university thanks to his research about the extinct earth-antiquity of microbes to a very interesting virus. However, there was a conflict of interests between different groups inside the institute, of which Marcus found himself once again on the losing side. This led to him being sidelined and relegated to a meaningless position. This was due to a scandal which involved falsified test results, with Marcus stood at the end of the line with no one to pass the buck onto, despite him having nothing to do with the whole affair. But even this was not the end of his losing streak. His previously very generous research grants, which came largely from public funds, were radically cut back. The university did not prevent him from continuing his research; however, they refused him any further financial support. This was a clear sign to Marcus that his days at the institute were numbered.
In a seemingly hopeless situation, Marcus contacted his old friend Spencer and pleaded with him for financial support. Spencer responded promptly. He first made enquiries about Marcus’s research, and gave him an answer just a few days later. His offer was, however, subject to two conditions: First, Marcus would leave the university immediately. The Spencer foundation would occupy him with a much more generous salary than he had ever received from the university. Secondly, Marcus had to keep the final results of his research under strict secrecy. If these two conditions were met, Marcus would have state of the art lab facilities at his disposal and a place to live. Any contacts with the outside world were to be avoided if possible.
Well, Marcus probably would not have made this pact with the devil were it not for the fact he could immediately continue his research.
Spencer’s offer seemed very generous and he readily agreed. The two then employed another nobleman, a man named Edward Ashford. Marcus’s future was now secured, his epoch-making research could continue.
On the day when Marcus finally reaped the fruits of his years of work on microbes, he ran around purple-faced through the laboratory and was excited as a teenager would be before his first date.
“Please understand me, Ashford! This discovery will shake the world! It is nothing less than the fulfilment of an ancient dream of humanity!”
“I have sympathy for your feelings,” said Edward Ashford sleepily. He was slumped over his chair as he sat. “But to wake and get me up in the middle of the night from my sleep! What you believe, as I feel…”
“I beg you! Don’t imagine it like that! After all, this is about a miracle! The discovery of a miracle!”
“You know…”
Ashford looked for a moment at the ceiling.
“What?”
“Lord Spencer is not here. He hates it if one bullies him. I am against most probably too good-natured.”
“All right. Nevertheless, Ashford, you have to watch this! Here!”
Marcus brought the image of the scanning electron microscope on the monitor. The otherwise pitch-black screen showed some objects resembling rice grains with tails.
“Look closely,” he said with the pride of a boy showing his best friend his most valuable toy. “These are E.Coli.”
Ashford was unimpressed. “Well you may be surprised, but I actually recognise…”
“I have killed them with the help of 0.1 ppm of chlorine.”
“I understand. So you have woken me up in the middle of the night to show me a dozen dead E.Coli?”
“Shush!”
Marcus put his finger to his lips and pointed to the screen.
With a very thin needle, something was injected into the nucleus of the dead coliform bacteria. Amazingly the bacteria suddenly began to beat wildly in frenzy. More than that, they became longer and longer and eventually divided in the middle to form to separate parts.
“They divide, Ashford!”
Marcus had tears in his eyes. But Edward didn’t seem to share his excitement in the least.
“Doctor…” Edward’s voice indicated he was clearly annoyed. “It is surely not the first time that cells emerge from a state of apparent death and re-animate. Such a thing is even common in higher organisms, but…”
“Wrong, wrong,” interrupted Marcus, violently gesturing with his hands. “This is something completely different! These cells are not apparently dead! Their nuclei were destroyed completely, their cells completely perforated. They were completely dead, completely dead. And then, after I gave them our aforementioned virus – you know the original virus already and implanted it – they began to grow and multiply again!”
On the screen it was clearly visible, as the revival of the coli form of bacteria continued to increase with almost incredible speed. Edward stared at the image.
“Completely dead,” he murmured thoughtfully.
“Exactly. Without a doubt. Why would I lie? And everything is described in this document!”
Marcus handed Edward a thick wad of paper.
“Should I read it all now?”
“No. I will briefly explain it to you. You are not a layman. One look at the test results and you have understood what an amazing thing this is. So, what you see here are the old drawings of an experiment in which the Miller Experiment of 1953 has been recreated here more or less. I have a glass beaker with methane, ammonia, hydrogen and water vapour filled and hermetically sealed. Into this mix I gave ten units of the original virus, which previously was killed with 1ppm of chlorine. It has then been heated and exposed to an electrical discharge. Now, what do you believe was the outcome?”
“You’ve already told me. Basically, you have repeated the Miller experiment. I’m sorry, but the results of this experiment have been known for years.”
“Listen to me! In principle, it is the Miller experiment. He has simulated a primitive atmosphere and provided evidence that life could form in this atmosphere of organic compounds. And from this arose, ultimately, life. This is however, about something completely different! Well, to the point that from amino acids and proteins, nucleic acids occur in both experiments. But in my case the protein eventually becomes a structure with a membrane, which has begun to multiply by division.”
“Impossible. That can not be.”
It was only natural that Edward steadfastedly refused to believe Marcus. Simply because he had just claimed no less that he had successfully recreated in the laboratory, the birth of life on Earth 3.8 billion years ago.
“But it’s true. Full details of the experiment are described in detail in this paper. If you think that I am lying, just repeat it and examine it yourself. You can repeat it as many times as you like, the result will always be the same; the original virus causes the primitive DNA to arise from the protein soup.”
Edward wanted to believe it but still could not bring himself to. But the possibility that there may be something in this let the excitement from Marcus gradually skip over to him.
“You are right Marcus. We should tell Spencer.”
“Finally! Finally you understand!” Cried Marcus as Edward grabbed his right hand, beaming.
“Let us go immediately to Spencer.” Edward threw his overcoat over himself and took Marcus, still wearing his white lab coat, in tow. It was a memorable night. And the events of that night would finally lead towards the creation of the Umbrella Corporation.
 Post subject: Re: Needs more Excella! =[
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 13:39 

Yeah but it'd be a redundant storyline from RE2 and RE4 with Ada being 'bad' yet secretly good then bad then proving she's not really evil at the last moment yet again.

It's like I said, we already know she's a grey area character. Pushing her to full fledged villain (or full fledged hero for that matter) would kind of ruin her character. She works best as a morally grey character who has morals and a conscience. She'll do what she has to do for her job and her own motives whatever they may be, but, she isn't cold hearted.

Even after RE2, in RE3's epilogue she promised never to be that girl again and in RE4 we see she is definately not allowing her emotions to interfere with her the way they did with Leon in RE2. She clearly doesn't drop her gun when asking for Las Plagas like she did when asking for G. She's not kidding around anymore. But, at the same time, all of RE4 and Seperate Ways make it clear that Ada isn't a bad guy either. She clearly goes out of her way to help Leon numerous times, shows clear care and concern for him despite her stone wall facade, and screws over Wesker by sending him a fake sample instead of delivering it like she was supposed to.

So as I said, I just don't think it would really play out right to try and make Ada a full fledged villain. If they turned her totally evil it'd just ruin the character. And if they had her have a change of heart at the last second etc. it'd just be yet another redundant and recycled RE2/RE4 Leon/Ada thing. By that point it would just get old and wouldn't even be entertaining anymore.

It'd sorta be like if they brought Wesker back again in the next RE. It would just get 'yawn' by that point because now they're just doing the same plotlines with the character over and over. Know what I mean?
Posted: Mar 04, 2010 13:56 

V for Valentine wrote:
Yoke wrote:
I like RE3 more but CV is the better game.

This doesn't really make sense.
I can sort of see how it makes sense. For instance, they might just think CV has more to offer in general aside from the gameplay, but RE3 is the more enjoyable to them.
Posted: Mar 04, 2010 17:50 

hey guys, thought i would share my R.E love with u, i have actually been workin on this for a good part of 5 years on and off, loads of characters have actually been drawn three or four times till i was happy with them

just wondered what u guys think of them :)

http://animefuzz.deviantart.com/art/Resident-Evil-Collection-WIP-38203644

Martin
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 4:05 

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I recently got invited to a hands on event hosted by Gamespot here in San Francisco and played two stages of the game's campaign. I apologize in advance for not having any photos or footage of our playthrough. But I thought that since I actually have experience with it I'd share some info that folks may not know yet.

I know that ORC has gotten a bit of a bad rep among the entire RE community for straying too far away from the core game. But I prefer to think of it as a spin off title like Dead Aim where the series experiments with a different gameplay type but has the luxury of using beloved RE characters. But the franchise rights alone doesn't make it a good game nor a bad one, in the end it's all about how it plays. So how does it play?

It plays surprisingly good! I'm honestly shocked. Though I have immense interest in the game, I expected a dull story with clunky controls but it's quite the opposite. I often wondered how RE5 would feel if it wasn't so grounded with classic RE controls, namely the item menu. Well I guess it would feel like ORC, fast and free with an item system so easy to use, all available at the touch of the D-Pad, and pre-organized. Push right for Grenades, left for first aid spray, and down for anti-virus injection. There are more than enough items and ammo to pick up along the way and definitely more than enough zombies (who also drop items) to shoot. Some new info (at least new to me) you can revive fallen teammates who respawn with all their default items, health, and weapons full; otherwise they stay dead until the next checkpoint or until everyone dies. This was a bit different than most demos where teammates respawn after a few seconds after being killed. Spec Ops enemies can deal damage as fast as you can, especially in large numbers, so taking cover is extremely important. The cover system works really well and cover is available nearly every step of the way. Just simply walk into a provided cover (knocked over table for example) and you'll be safe. Like Gears of War you can even blind fire from cover as well.

SPOILERS!!!! WARNING!!!! SPOILERS!!!!

We were told the first stage we played was never before scene by the public. It happens to be the moment in which HUNK confronts Birkin to forfeit the G-Virus. The involvement of the USS doesn't take away from the story but simply adds to it. According to the cut scenes, the USS were actually escorted HUNK on his mission and even wait outside the room while Mr. Death attempts to take the sample. All hell breaks loose when Birkin comes bursting out of the room in his first form and annihilates HUNK's team (just like RE2) and chases down the USS. Unfortunately you can't really beat Birkin, you can only hold him off while you make a desperate run further into the stage. It's pretty intense, especially when Birkin starts swinging that giant pipe of his. It ends when Birkin finally gives up the chase and HUNK rejoins the USS with a quick aid to get the team out of the sewers. HUNK tells the team, "Go on with out me...I dropped the sample. I'm going back for it." The scene ends with HUNK closing a door on the team and bravely facing down Birkin alone. It's badass.

END OF SPOILERS!!!....

The second stage many of you may have already seen. It involves the first encounter with Nikolai. You can actually see most of it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoY24UdEeU
The last leg of this stage was more difficult than it looked. Though you are given tons of ammo and great controls, a room of 40 lickers is still tough! Luckily you don't have to kill them all to actually beat the stage.

Another interesting note, the co-op campaign is 4 players but there are 6 playable characters. Each character has their own unique lines in campaign. It all depends on who opens a door or reaches an objective first while the others chime in with their own comments. So the spoken dialogue in the campaign will actually depend on who you chose to play. That means there's tons of ways to hear each characters unique take on their situations. Though in general, each scenario ends the same way. For example, Nikolai's dialogue and betrayal never changes regardless of chosen characters (as far as I can tell).

The only thing I found a bit odd was how to fire the handgun. I was unaware you can hold down the L1 button (we played on a PS3) and it auto locks on any available target. Because of this you really don't have a choice of who you shoot (at least that's how it felt). Though thanks to this auto lock-on feature, you're likely to hit your target without fail. But I would have preferred being able to just freely aim. Because of this I mainly just stuck with my LMG.

The build we played still had a few bugs of course. Just to name a few: there were frozen/floating zombies(funny), invisible enemies(frustrating!), and turning your own character into an accidental ghost cam.

Here's some of the fun info! Everyone who attended were given a free grey USS shirt, two patches (USS and Spec Ops) and a small USS pin. There seemed to be more than 30 of us there and we played in teams of 4. Each team plays the Nikolai stage and their points are tallied up at the end. The ream with the highest score actually got military style jackets! They were black, had large USS patches on both sleeves and had a name tag on the left breast. There were two Beltways, a Vector, and a Specter jacket on the line. Sadly...my team didn't win. We came in second, losing by a mere 200 points!!! GRR!! A close call! Whether for cosplay, collectors intrigue, or just to wear casually...those jackets were really sweet!. But I bring this up because it's certainly an enticing way to get people to join these events!! Another ORC event will be held in Feburuary here in the San Francisco area (it's expected to be even bigger). Everyone should keep an eye on Capcom-Unity or the official RE Facebook for possible events in their area too!

All in all, after I pre-ordered ORC, I still had the fear that the game would be mediocre at best. But just by playing a mere 40 minutes - I'm sold! It's not a game made for scares or a slow build up. It's a squad based game where team work counts, going up against deadly odds and high number of enemies with loads of ammo to chuck at them - all set in Raccoon City. It's extremely fun and addicting and I can't wait for March.
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 22:26 

So do I, but they don't care. They know that loyal fans will blindly follow and will buy the new console which the game is exclusive to. It's all about the money. I just hope a new console brand doesn't launch any time soon. <.<
PS4, Xbox 720, PSP Vita, and 3DS each with their own exclusive RE games.
:jk:
 Post subject: Re: Heroes Mode Trailer
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 9:27 

Translated Lone Wolf's official site profile.

This character's first appearance.
A helicopter pilot who belongs to the U.S.S. just like HUNK.
He not only has legendary helicopter flying techniques, but also very high survival capability in shooting battles and extreme situations.
"Lone Wolf" means that he is a lone wolf* however, why he is called by that name is wrapped in mystery.

* This "lone wolf" means "individualist possessing opinions that are not accepted by the majority." So yes, he appears to be either a loner or an asshole.

EDIT: Ada and HUNK translated.

Ada Wong

A female spy whom the rival company of the Umbrella Corporation sent to infiltrate Raccoon City for the capture of the G-Virus.
She has first-class combat skills with a calmness which is not perturbed in unusual situations.
She belongs to the organization, but, she has often been seen acting to achieve her own original objective.

HUNK

The leader of the U.S.S. Alpha Team which was dispatched in utmost secrecy for the capture of the G-Virus.
He has handled many difficult missions and survived doubtlessly, and has earned the nickname "Grim Reaper HUNK" from the perfection.
He appears to have a rival relationship with Nicholai of the U.B.C.S. from their battle techniques and mission success rate.
He is a man wrapped in mystery, but he has a strong will for accomplishing missions without hesitation.
 Post subject: Re: Heroes Mode Trailer
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 19:54 

The serious response about poles would probably be that he's proficient in melee combat, but the more humorous response... :cool: *whistles* No comment!

I like to pretend that on their off-time, Lone Wolf and HUNK moonlight as strippers.
(That's where their monikers had to come from, right? :jk: )
 Post subject: Re: Korean language
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 14:33 

Because America is the most powerful country in the world, Britain pretty isn't even a sovereign country anymore and England doesn't even have devolution so they're also effectively a non-country. Plus for the past 70 years all they have done is attatch themselves to America like a remora to a shark. When people think of the English language, they don't think of some little tiny island monarchy, they think of America, the Hegemony of the Free World. Not to mention the majority of the members here aren't British, they're American. Compare these two:
America: 312,799,000 people / 3,794,101 sq mi
England: 51,446,000 people / 50,346 sq mi

Also lol @ "Britain created the language" XD, good one.

Anglo-Saxon settlers brought Old English to England. It evolved in England and became Middle English, and then later Early Modern English/Elizabethan English and finally Modern English following the Great Vowel Shift in the south of England in the 15th century. Ergo, what we now refer to as the "English language" arose exclusively from England. Americans speak it because of English colonization of America. Furthermore, most Caucasian Americans are actually of German descent. And if they're not German, they're of British descent (all of the founding fathers were British also).

Additionally, Britain is a sovereign unitary state. England does not require devolution as it is the central country in the state, while Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all have a degree of autonomous devolved power. Britain is also not a monarchy, the "Royal Family" has very little actual power and is almost exclusively decorative in this day and age.

In conclusion, shut the fuck up.
 Post subject: Re: Submit News
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 11:35 

Revelations TV spot http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... g9PcS4oOHw
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 20:07 

The point of the thread was never at any time to insult anyone, nor was it ever 'allowed'. If that's what you came here for that says a lot about you.

Sent from my Droid
 Post subject: Re: What IS it!?
Posted: Dec 29, 2011 11:07 

Thanks guys! I'm not really a big fan of Leon mostly because I think people freak out way too much about RE4 and how awesome he is. I liked him in RE2, but RE4 kinda messed it up for me.
Posted: Dec 29, 2011 12:05 

Spoken like a person who has never heard me try to sing.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A[/youtube]
And Aqua's back together!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hov-M7LK6Q[/youtube]
 Post subject: Re: GOP Primaries 2012
Posted: Jan 01, 2012 7:07 

All of Ununoctium's posts can be summed up quite easily.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbmxqfGkg1Q[/youtube]
Page 1 of 4 [ Search found 40 matches ]

Jump to:  

Biohaze.com