Page 1 of 23 [ Search found 221 matches ]
Posted: Nov 22, 2017 10:17 

I was against that idea too, it would be a waste to kill off Chris after all he's been through.
I was against the idea simply because of the lingering loose ends between him and Jill.
After that, it could work. It wouldn't waste the lives he's saved, and it would feel natural at this point: dedicates his life to the fight, dies in the fight.
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 8:55 

Chris had his fair deal in Vendetta by being the lead role, as well as starring in two consecutive numbered titles (RE5 and 6) and he was a badass in Vendetta :mrgreen:
Although, if the movie has Jill, we definitely need Chris. From a story standpoint, it seems forced to have Jill and Leon... It already was forced to have the BSAA and DSO together in Vendetta but we can forgive that this time.
Kobayashi really needs to start using a thing called brain. As a Chris fan, I would've put Chris in Revelations 2 looking for Moira, no? Actually not, Barry nailed the role! Even though, Chris fitted REV2 like a glove with the BSAA opting to send him to look for Moira instead of Barry (Chris is younger and a lot more experienced than Barry when it comes to fighting BOW's, he was more fit for the job). But Chris already had tons of appearances, so they decided to give Barry his kind of own game (and he was Moira's father) and I love REV2 with a passion by what it is, even more than Revelations 1 with Chris and Jill.
I don't know, Kobayashi is being childish as usual... Other characters deserve to be in the next movie, Sheva could've been in Vendetta too, apparently.
I'm okay with Chris not being in the next movie but if it has Jill? We definitely need Chris and not Leon again. Chris and Jill interacting after Kijuju is something I've been waiting for so long and I'm afraid Kobayashi is going to flush this idea down the toilet just because of his Leon fanboyism.
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 9:08 

:evil: :mad: :wtf: I can't believe this. They better not put Leon AGAIN in another movie. We just went through all of this! Leave him out of it! And Jill better be in the next one, I swear to fuck if they continue pulling this shit.

Anyhow, I think Chris didn't need to be in REV2. That was Barry, Moira, and Claire's stories alone. But couldn't they at least have had him in the hospital with Claire at the end of her campaign? Seriously, Claire gets kidnapped again and gets found and winds up in intensive care, and only Barry is there? Where the hell is he? Hell, Jill should have been there too, considering she must know and be on good terms with Claire. He could have even been flying the chopper at the end.

I want to see Chris and Jill again a lot, so I can finally find out where their relationship is post RE5, but I won't keel over if Chris isn't brought back as people are starting to get tired of him appearing so much too. I can take or leave Chris being in the next movie, with or without Jill. But Jill better be in the next movie if Kobayashi gets his way again and makes us sit through another Leon slogfest.
Posted: Jun 25, 2017 22:13 

can't even.... Is Kusobayashi (I took the liberty and renamed him with a name much more fitting to him. If you know Japanese you'll know the meaning :lol: :lol: ) serious? He just wants Leon again because of his boner for him? Seriously, screw this guy so hard :mad:

I swear if Jill won't be in Rev3, RE7 DLC, RE8 or any CGI movie, I'll explode *rage-mode on* I mean I see a lot of folks on the Internet calling Capcom sexist swines for leaving out Jill, who's practically the Lara Croft/Ellen Ripley of the series! People obviously miss her. It's cool they brought Rebecca, Barry and Claire back but what's with Jill? Capcom knows pretty much since RE6 that fans wanna see her back in action (They even acknowledged that) yet all we got on her are some files? Really? Jill started the series along with Chris yet she gets not any goddamn credit for that? *scoffs* I'm truly disappointed... :frown: But all hope is not lost yet... :biggrin: There's still a chance for her to return

Chris and Jill interacting after Kijuju is something I've been waiting for so long
I want to see Chris and Jill again a lot, so I can finally find out where their relationship is post RE5

That makes three of us :wink:
Someone's gotta explain to me how Chris from RE5, who was so dedicated and stopped at nothing to find Jill suddenly turned into someone who doesn't even acknowledged her existence ever since post RE5? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzYlxCN6zo
Still this needs to be explained^

Jill obviously played an important role in 5, in fact, she was the personal motivation/reason for Chris to come to Africa in the first place yet that hasn't been brought up/talked about again. And that is a HUGE PLOT HOLE which bothers me as a writer even to this day because of how essential it was to RE5's story . They still need to explain what happened between them after the Kijuju incident :confused: Leaving her out won't do them any favor and come to think of it...Having Jill with Chris in the next CGI movie isn't a bad idea. Afterall, Jill's suffering was also Chris' problem and he was involved with that so having him in the 4th. movie would make story-wise even a lot of sense :wink: instead of teaming her up with either Leon or Helena :razz:

As for Jill/Leon. Please no pandering to JillLeon shippers... that would be the worst thing EVER!! :evil: :evil: :evil: They can interact with each other and whatnot but that's about it!

I guarantee you that Jill switching Chris for Leon is never going to happen, so don't worry ahah
I believe Chris hasn't mentioned Jill because it would be out of context, he really had no plausible moment to bring her up.
Although, I do believe he still sees her during these tests or whatever she's undergoing. Remember, they now have different roles in the BSAA, Chris is a SOU Captain while Jill still is a SOA (at least I think she still is).
I'm all in for Jill being the central protagonist of the next CG movie as Chris was in Vendetta but having our Captain playing a supportive role is something really necessary! He might not have all the badass scenes he had in Vendetta (honestly, he had his fair deal of them ever since RE5) but he's necessary for the character development part of Jill if she really does stare in the next movie.
They need to develop their relationship post Kijuju, a lot of fans want to see it. I assure my portuguese community over here is hyped with these news I've brought them but they also said it themselves "Jill in the next movie?! Perfect time to put Chris in it and see how both of them are dealing with the current non-Wesker era!"
Indeed, Chris and Jill in the next movie... Otherwise, if this is a Leon fanservice foccused story that will lead us nowhere, I'll definitely pass it.
Posted: Jun 25, 2017 22:33 

I guarantee you that Jill switching Chris for Leon is never going to happen, so don't worry ahah
I believe Chris hasn't mentioned Jill because it would be out of context, he really had no plausible moment to bring her up.
Although, I do believe he still sees her during these tests or whatever she's undergoing. Remember, they now have different roles in the BSAA, Chris is a SOU Captain while Jill still is a SOA (at least I think she still is).
I'm all in for Jill being the central protagonist of the next CG movie as Chris was in Vendetta but having our Captain playing a supportive role is something really necessary! He might not have all the badass scenes he had in Vendetta (honestly, he had his fair deal of them ever since RE5) but he's necessary for the character development part of Jill if she really does stare in the next movie.
They need to develop their relationship post Kijuju, a lot of fans want to see it. I assure my portuguese community over here is hyped with these news I've brought them but they also said it themselves "Jill in the next movie?! Perfect time to put Chris in it and see how both of them are dealing with the current non-Wesker era!"
Indeed, Chris and Jill in the next movie... Otherwise, if this is a Leon fanservice foccused story that will lead us nowhere, I'll definitely pass it.

Pff, like there's any competition. Swole af arms or hairspray overload? Easy decision. :lol:

Anyway, I 100% believe Chris visited her as much as he could while she was in rehab. And you're probably right about not mentioning her because there wasn't really a reason to, but it still sticks in several fans craws that Claire and even Sheva got mentions in RE6 while Jill got nada.

I'd like to see what kind of movie it'd be with Jill in it. Would it have a more horror approach? Or will they continue the high stakes action previously established? Or would they strive for a balance? Honestly I'm game for both. I want to see Jill pull off some insane backflip kicks or snapping peoples necks with her hips again.
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 12:48 

Though, I've been wondering do you think Jill would know all the stuff Chris has been doing all those years like becoming a captain, getting his team killed by Carla, going missing for six months in 6, Piers death and etc. or do you think Capcom (as usual) would avoid it and pretend all that didn't happen? Because I feel like they really need to fill those gaps and explain them because when it's time for Jill to return I really want them to fill all of them the series has created over the last couple of years before bring Jill and Chris back together and explain stuff instead of avoiding them and for once in their goddamn lives they need to explain/tell us about their relationship post-RE5 :razz:

Sorry if I come across as very nitpicking but when it comes to stuff like storytelling/world-building and such I tend to pay a lot attention to it even if they're small :wink:

Just so you know, I agree with practically everything you already said.

Of course Jill would know about all the stuff Chris has been doing these past few years since 5. Why wouldn't he tell her? Claire seemed to know about it when we saw her at the end of REV2 and HI, so why wouldn't Jill? All of us fans would appreciate Capcom filling in plot holes and details like this, that's why people (including myself) want supplemental material like Archives 3 so much.

And I don't blame you for ranting like this. I'm big on storytelling/world-building myself, so I want to see Capcom flesh out their characters and plotlines as much as you do.
 Post subject: Re: About Julia Voth
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 15:53 

I agree. It really needs to be special. Think of all the things they want to say to each other!

They have a lot of catching up to do my friend. I just hope that Capcom gets things right if they are really thinking about including them in a next movie.

I think Leon and Ada in RE 2 was great.

even though they barely knew each other but by the end of the night were all over each other I still loved it given the circumstances they were under, Capcom still pulled it off there, it still felt right, which was amazing.

everything between them in subsequent games after that unfortunately felt forced though.

Yeah, I guess you can say that buddy. But as a kid I remember thinking "How are you even falling in love with her Leon? You barely know her" especially after hearing Leon say this to Annette "I know her! Ada wouldn't do something like that!" and I was like... "Huh? You know her for a couple of hours only! How can you be so sure about that?" :lol:
Posted: Nov 22, 2017 9:21 

Besides, I don't judge people who enjoyed it but it simply didn't jibe with me at all. Then again, I'm someone who thinks that a lot of relationships between the characters in RE are somewhat poorly portrayed. Despite what some files say but have we ever seen a real interaction between Chris and Barry? A sibling interaction between Chris and Claire, or a game where Chris and Jill are together from the beginning to the end, in other words, a proper "partnership"?

The personal relationships that characters have with each other are superficial in RE, everything is always "mission related". We've had a few scenes here and there regarding personal matters but it's always about the job mostly.
Marhawa Desire showed Chris, Piers and Merah off mission though. We can only rely on mangas and CG movies to explore these personal relationships buddy.

Oh by the way, I remember many people wanted Chris to die in 6 and Piers taking his spot... I was always vocal against the idea because Chris' story wasn't really finished/didn't feel finished. They left out many things...

I was against that idea too, it would be a waste to kill off Chris after all he's been through.
 Post subject: Re: Uncharted Franchise
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 13:51 

I just played them at my friend's house once. I liked them, but I never got around to actually buy them haha. There's something about Lost Legacy that just got my attention and I had to get it. And, now that I have the others I'll definitely play them soon.
Posted: Jul 22, 2017 9:45 

I have to agree with TheBatman here...Too many standalone titles that don't tie into a great overaching arc like older games. Still many plot-holes and introduction of too many viruses, too many characters, fates/stories behind certain characters *looking at you, Ada and Jill* are unknown and so on. I feel like each team has a different idea as to how RE should be and apparently there's no communication between those teams it seems... hence the big mess we have right now :roll:

Anyway, found this one on reddit...Wouldn't mind if that scene happened
https://i.redditmedia.com/wirzMMktSXWSnJOdeFXu7fvNCfj4bQcUW-u5CV1G4Qs.jpg?w=1000&s=e49ec558d14a15c17626814385c1dc0a
RE1 Chris at the end kills me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one ahahah!
What a horrible model that is, god awful if he really turns out to be Chris.
 Post subject: Re: Chris' Succession Plan
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 22:35 

There will be no killing off of Jill here. Absolutely not allowed. Plus having Jill get taken out after having not been present in 8 years game and storywise? That's a precedent for the fanbase to riot internationally if I ever saw one.
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 21:03 

Let's call it what it is. The reason why Chris, Leon, Jill & Co. survive is not because of their incredible skills but their Plot Armor , with Chris having the thickest one :lol: Realistically a character like Rebecca would've been dead on sight but she's alive because Capcom's wants her to be alive :roll: Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada and Barry would have kind of a chance but certainly wouldn't last that long. Plot Armor is often utilized in games and movies, hence our faves lasting that long :biggrin:

Spot on, nothing more to add in here. Retirement will be the best option for our characters, no need to kill any of them after all these years.
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 20:27 

I would think that Chris would have lost all of the drive in he had in his life if Jill had died for real in 5, the little he still had anyway. You have to understand that all of the missions Chris went on during those three years? All done in the search for her. Finding and rescuing Jill was probably all that was getting him through the day during that time period.

And yeah, the main characters rely heavily on plot armor, but then again what main characters in stories don't? Unless they're grimdark multi-ensemble cast stories like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, all stories with main characters will employ plot armor. And even in the Walking Dead, characters like Rick Grimes and Richonne still manage to live despite everything because they're popular and are who the story focuses the majority of its time on. And reality can be rather boring if told straightforward in a story, hence the existence of plot armor.
Posted: Sep 01, 2017 15:38 

I don't see a character's death as forced drama.
One of the most impactful fictional deaths happened in Telltale's Walking Dead game. It was authenticaly devastating, but It could not have ended in a better way.
Red Dead Redemption too.

6 handled the death of Piers well.

I don't see killing off main characters as nessesary (especially Jill, that would be dumb), but I don't think the idea of a character dying a meaningful yet tragic death is such an inherantly bad thing, especially in horror.

I certainly don't see death as a cliché. If anything, everyone living happily ever after is the trope.

And reality can be rather boring if told straightforward in a story, hence the existence of plot armor.
That's true.
It would also be boring if no one ever died, and there were no consequences for anything.

It is forced drama if they simply kill a character off just to make the story "edgy" or "super serious and dark" when there's ways to do that besides killing a character. Obviously there are exceptions to this, as killing a character, when done well, leads to some of the best scenes in media. But what N7Valentine and I are saying is that if they just kill characters like Chris, Leon, and Jill off just because the story needs more extra dramatic points and to "shock" the fanbase, it'd be stupid.

And Captain touched on the good point of it feeling off and strange if Leon or Chris who have been through the toughest situations and fought the most dangerous creatures on the planet, just get offed by some new super special Tyrant or some shit. It would feel cheap, lame, and be an offense to their personal fans and the fanbase who have watched their journey for this long.

There's a scale to everything is what I'm saying.
Posted: Sep 12, 2017 0:48 

It would be a cop out if somehow the original Wesker is somehow involved in this. First we had Albert Wesker, then Alex Wesker and the revelation of Wesker Children as a whole, then Jake Muller, and now possibly this? Can't we get the hell away from Wesker and his namesakes for once in this series? Enough with the Weskers!
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 22:41 

When I was young, I had already been introduced to 1 and 2- yet I was too young to really understand the plot. It was just a zombie game to me. But when 3 rolled around, I was hooked. It ticked all of the right boxes for me and actually managed to scare and excite me. Hell by the time this game came out I had already seen horror movies such as Faces of Death, Cannibal Holocaust, Halloween, etc. (Yes my parent actually let me watch this crap lol) so I was hard to frighten.

Honestly it was also really nice to see a strong female character in a video game. She felt more...human than Regina or any other females at the time in games I had played. She was strong, pretty, and believable to me. So I fell in love. I was horrible at playing and spent hours and hours with no ammo trying to progress until I got so desperate to see more, I actually tried playing correctly. It was a high I would never feel again, sadly. Even though 4 is my favorite game ever, 3 will always hit that nostalgia button in my heart.

Hell, most everyone around here knows that where there is Jill, there is my money. :lol: Trust me, seeing her in Revelations after the beauty that was RE:5\Umbrella Chronicles Jill....broke my damn heart. No recovery.
 Post subject: Re: Uncharted Franchise
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:17 

I haven't played The Lost Legacy yet. Anybody got through it so far? How did you like it?

I did, it's great.

https://imgur.com/5fbnezz.jpg

One of the best games I played, possibly, the best game I played this entire year.

I can't compare it to other Uncharted games because this is the first one I played all the way from beginning to end. But compared to other quality games, I'd say Lost Legacy is right up there with the best of the best.

Apparently it's way shorter than 4 so the pacing is much better. And the amount of content is staggering. There's a lot of replay value in this one.
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 11:45 

Wow, I try to be as open minded as possible when it comes to RE fandom, but some people REALLY love Chris. :rcg: :rcg: :rcg:

I speak for myself. I do love consistency, this screwed up decision simply happened to my favorite character... This was the biggest overhaul we've had in the series thus far.
I'll be pissed if ANY character isn't recognizable at all and I also have issues with Degeneration Leon and Revelations Jill but they still maintained a couple of traces here and there.
That consistency barrier exists for a reason and News Bot posted an interview related to RE5's production where the devs commented on something about keeping the character's looks consistent.
An overhaul like this turns any past depictions of the character obsolete to me and makes me wonder what's the point of all this.
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 22:40 

I already stopped supporting Capcom directly a few years back, other than some exceptions. I play everything secondhand and if I like it- I buy it to support it. I used to spend hundreds, and I mean hundreds of dollars on Collectors Editions, shelf copies, sealed memorabilia no matter what... I had it all. Then a I grew older and became (slightly) more conscious of the industry, I started voting with my wallet. I support what I wanted and forced myself to pass on what I didn't. (It is hard!!)

I already know some could argue it doesn't make a difference, but I used to blindly love Resident Evil and be thankful for any crap they would spew out. Don't get me wrong now, I LOVE Resident Evil and this series practically raise me. :lol: However Resident Evil became more of an experience for me rather than measuring my worth by the size of my collection. So in a way, I did leave the series but in a different way. I still consider myself a mega fan but I can't just give my money blindly to a series that has grown so much and is getting too big for its britches!

But that's just me. This is a AAA company, at the end of the day, the ones at the top of the totem pole want money. With the way the gaming industry has gone, I just can't justify the high risk and high cost of blind spending.
 Post subject: Biohazard's story arcs
Posted: Sep 29, 2017 14:17 

Upon reflection of the series, I have decided to group the events of the games and their stories into three major arcs plus one mini one since they all flow together to form a cohesive narrative.

Arc 1: The Umbrella Saga

Makes up: Elegant Beast of the North Sea,0,1,2,Outbreak,3,Survivor, Code Veronica X

Hallmarks of this arc: Umbrella rears its ugly head for the first time in the public eye, the start of viral outbreaks in the series, first knowledge of things like zombies and monsters existing, villains are all members or former members of Umbrella, settings take place in secret Umbrella facilities, main characters focused on surviving and getting determination to fight Umbrella upon discovery of its misdeeds and made up of mostly civilians

Mini Arc: The Umbrella Resistance

Makes up: Operation Javier, Dead Aim, Prelude to the Fall, Dark Legacy/Umbrella's End

Hallmarks: Centered on fighting back against Umbrella, Umbrella still around but in decline, villains still made up of Umbrella employees but now mostly former and the seeds of bioterrorism are sprouted, main characters experienced enough and have now settled into groups to secretly combat Umbrella, settings are more global, ends in Umbrella shutting down

Arc 2: The Bioterrorism Saga

Makes Up: 4, Revelations, Degeneration, 5, Stage, Revelations 2, Damnation, Marhawa Desire, 6, Vendetta (?)

Hallmarks: Bioterrorists now have their hands on different bioweapons, flourishing of the black market, the rise of global public organisations to fight them, the release of knowledge of BOWs to the public, the world now knows about bioweapons and about Umbrella's evil, villains now made up of bioterrorists selling their stock and using them for their plans, main characters now fully experienced and have started up orgs of their own and are fighting in the public eye, MCs mostly made up of agents and operatives, newer faces also composed of people having been young when the first arc started, settings now fully global, governments and politics become bigger plot points, the closing of story threads from the first arc

Arc 3: ???

Makes Up: Umbrella Corps, Vendetta (?), Heavenly Island, Revelations 3, Experience (?), 7, the next manga probably, 8, 9

Ones I left out and have put questions on are Voice of Gaia (due to how there is no date given) and Vendetta kinda fits in both as a transition point from Arcs 2-3 along with not knowing what the Experience is storywise.

Comment below if you agree or disagree with me on this.
Page 1 of 23 [ Search found 221 matches ]

Jump to:  

Biohaze.com