Page 1 of 25 [ Search found 249 matches ]
Posted: Dec 02, 2017 9:14 

well Capcom rarely carries a strong female lead throughout the entire game buddy.

Claire was kick ass in Veronica up until Chris showed up then she moves to the side and even it gets so bad that at the end of the game she just gets out of the way for the final boss fight.

Jill was badass in 3 until Carlos shows up then she gets biatch slapped by Nemesis and infected, she was dodging corners around him before, but then gets poisoned and he has to bail her ass out.

Claire acts like a biatch at the end of RE2 while Leon goes and investigates the back of the train and takes Birkin's ass out for good.

Jill ends up getting help with the Tyrant fight at the end of part one from the men.
 Post subject: Re: About Julia Voth
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 16:02 

They have a lot of catching up to do my friend. I just hope that Capcom gets things right if they are really thinking about including them in a next movie.

Like really a lot . All I hope is that it's going to be more emotional. I don't want them to be like robots (Rev1) because their last reunion in 5 was a very emotional one. They should continue from there. I want them to be more personal and less business :wink:

Yep! As I said me and my friend were weirded out how we know how Claire, Leon, Rebecca fit into Chris' current life but have avoided Jill for some reason even if Jill is constantly linked as Chris' partner lol

Pretty ironic, isn't it? Gets called Chris' partner yet we don't know how she fits into his life :lol:

It really is...

You know, I think it's kinda of insulting that Jill suffered 3 years just because she wanted to protect Chris and he doesn't even bring her up. That always rubbed me off the wrong way and that's something I really wouldn't expect from Chris because I never thought of him as someone taking Jill's partnership for granted. :confused:
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 16:29 

I was always wondering why Jill seems to be the most popular among the women of RE. I live her too but I thought I share this one because it's a random thought thread after all lol

why do we love Jill. good question buddy.

I think it's because for sure she kicks fuckin ass, but could it be something else too?

hmmm....it couldn't have anything to do with Julia Voth , could it? :heart:

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2016/01/05/juliavothjillvalentine014jpg-0d6f89_1280w.jpg
http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2016/01/05/juliavothjillvalentine015jpg-c7380c_1280w.jpg

obviously we know there are much, much better pictures online, but we don't want to get in trouble now do we? :twisted:
Posted: Nov 26, 2017 3:04 

phpBB [video]

Just....just watch this.
Posted: Nov 24, 2017 19:23 

Indeed. They should continue with the RE5 approach because I enjoyed them in there and it did feel more personal than usual. Rev1 was boring af just the same crap as in UB :razz:

RE5 had some great interactions between them, probably some of the best character interactions in the entire series.

I always found that one strange too. It's almost like they felt like Jill's survival didn't have any impact on Chris, while Piers' death is considered more meaningful to him, even if she's still linked as Chris' partner? Either I get something wrong or something's clearly not right here :confused:

Chris did care a lot about Jill's survival, he spent 3 years looking for her and rescuing her probably was his biggest relief. Although, the death of Wesker occurred around that same time, he had a lot to think about, such as his own future within the BSAA.
But I agree, she should've been mentioned at least one time.
Posted: Nov 24, 2017 12:58 

Good ol' Nemesis. He was genuinely scary, hard as fuck and a pain in the ass. Killing him at the end of RE3 was the most satisfying moment I've ever had in the series :smile:

Yup! And with this:

"You want S.T.A.R.S, I'll give you S.T.A.R.S"

Witness the birth of the man, the myth, the legend... N7Valentine :cool:

Bruhhhh, I didn't do shit, all credits to Miss Valentine, please :cool: She killed Nemesis like a boss saying that line
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 9:43 

Meh bring Wesker back if you want. But this time I want Chris and Jill to team up to blow his f*cking head off :razz: Don't want Jill to sit back and do nothing like she did in 5
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 11:14 

Meh bring Wesker back if you want. But this time I want Chris and Jill to team up to blow his f*cking head off :razz: Don't want Jill to sit back and do nothing like she did in 5
It was stupid she didn't participate.

Yes.

It was pretty fuckin stupid. Sheva's throwaway line, 'For our fallen brothers.' or whatever did not work.

One of those rockets that took Wesker's head off belonged to Jill.

https://cdn.dcdouglas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/WeskerRockets.gif
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 11:29 

Thanks for the nice welcome

thanks for joining!

welcome aboard buddy. I hope your first day on the force is at least marginally better than Leon's. Welcome to Biohaze, one of the few good and active RE boards. :)

Haha, I see no zombies yet, so I should be better off than Leon.
And thank you. Also to EvilResident and N7. :smile:

I'll hold my fire - you look human!

https://youtu.be/izSSfJbmqIo
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 11:38 

Redfield_Chris08 wrote:
Another newbie and long time RE fan here.

Welcome to biohaze :biggrin:

Nice avatar btw :wink:
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 16:46 

Post anything that crosses your mind relating to Resident Evil...be it something very informative to the most banal things you've noticed. Just remember keep it civil folks :wink:

EDIT: Feel free to post funny stuff as well. No need to be dead serious the whole time

Despite its name, Raccoon City , I've noticed we've actually never seen one of those adorable little creatures
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/18948295_1069691719830516_4215373490351505408_n.jpg
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 10:11 

Same here, Julia Voth is forever Jill Valentine to me appearancewise. The same's with Matt Mullins and Chris Redfield. I didn't know that about Mullins and Lally working together as well as being friends with the other VA's and Mo Cap/models. Pretty neat of them to all keep in touch like that.
She's a perfect Jill, no doubt about it. We want her back!
Tell that to Capcom :roll:
Posted: Oct 11, 2017 4:16 

We all know that she was Jill's face in Remake to RE5 but I didn't find any ingame or Capcom official info proving that,I mean,how the heck someone found her?Is she in the credits and I didn't noticed it?

Julia Voth herself says it @ 0:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjc4wja9SNg
She even says that on her facebook, twitter and instagram page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMBRG_GFzM
And this one quite telling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkeoN9Cktw
And at the beginning she brings up being Jill Valentine

PS: Watched Project SERA. It's decent and Jill fans as well as Chris fans (Yes, you read that one right!) will enjoy it.

I honestly don't remember if Capcom ever mentioned Julia directly.
Posted: Oct 11, 2017 16:13 

I agree. For me Julia was the perfect face for Jill until Capcom screwed her friggin character with that chick in Rev1 whoever she was. I mean J ulia V oth and J ill V alentine. C'mon! she is destined to be Jill Valentine...they both share the initials. Plus she embraces her role as Jill.

I hope she come back ASAP so we could have that character consistency for Jill once again but... Given the most recent incidents, that's very unlikely to happen, she might even look worse than her Revelations counterpart. At least they kept a few similiarities in there.
Anyway, she will always be Jill Valentine to me, screw Capcom and their stupid decisions.

Kinda normal of Capcom...the voice actors of RE1 were "anon" people,as their actors too,Kevin Dorman in UC wasn't credited as Chris(I guess),we have some "James Baker" voicing Claire in Rev2...Capcom doesn't respect their staff,really...

Yeah, I almost forgot about Dorman not being credited in the game.
Julia Voth constantly brings up Jill Valentine so, we could clearly see that she was the Jill Valentine :lol:
People had doubts regarding Matt Mullins because he barely talks about it but he's a busy man overall, he's a martial artist and stuntman but yeah... He is Chris Redfield.
Although, he made made this short movie alongside Ken Lally (Albert Wesker's mocap) as well as he is a good friend of Kevin Dorman and even shared something about Julia Voth on Facebook. I would say that he gets along with the Resident Evil family and seems to know them very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalUmTaPPZQ

Mullins is savage as f*ck when it comes to martial arts, the face of Chris Redfield and the real Chris Redfield! The full package.
Posted: Oct 13, 2017 10:55 

I knew about Julia being Jill's face model but never knew Matt Mullins being Chris face. Shame both have been abandoned!

I only knew about Matt Mullins around the time of RE5 but Remake Chris was pretty close to the young Matt Mullins back in the day as you can see in the image down below.
He was also pretty quiet regarding the character, unlike Julia Voth who kept sharing Jill stuff, that's why some people barely knew about Matt.

https://i.imgur.com/H1y9jS0.jpg
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 7:15 

Aye, You KNEW Nemesis was coming (sound of shattering glasses, music became tense) but you still crapped your pants :lol: Modern horror games rely too much on jump scares that only last for a few seconds and feel very scripted. Nemesis chased your ass after the jumpscare!

The only modern horror game that truly scared me as an adult was Alien:Isolation because it reminded me so much of RE3 (Nigh invincible entity that stalks you, tense music and atmosphere, plus a female protagonist)
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 10:52 

yes, Nemesis was coming for your ass and none of it was this scripted bullshit like with Ustanak (aside from the glowing bugs and trash bins scene) but yeah it was all random and this fucker would come for your ass and hunt your ass down.

I remember shitting my pants in the save room in the shopping district, even though I had just fucking saved the game I was so fuckin scared to come out because Nemesis was waiting there, he chased my ass all the way to the save room.

I think they'll fix this window for REmake 2 btw. I sure hope they do at least.

https://i0.wp.com/gbhbl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/nemesis-1.jpg?ssl=1
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 16:34 

I was always wondering why Jill seems to be the most popular among the women of RE. I live her too but I thought I share this one because it's a random thought thread after all lol
Maybe because, like Chris and Wesker, she has been around since the beginning.

I guess but we also Claire, Ada, Rebecca and Sherry. Most of the time I see Jill being No.1

We do don't we? :razz:

cool avatar pic btw buddy!

that's the Jill I know man, still gorgeous with blonde longer hair.

I don't know what the hell they did with her face in Revelations man. :shock:
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 16:28 

Jill fan here.

It was simply the right place at the right time.

During the mid-to-late 90's, badass female protagonists like Lara Croft were all the rage in video gaming (I've been always saying Jill is the Lara Croft of RE). Back then, you didn't have a generation of idiotic gamers screaming "pandering to feminists" or "SJW" whenever you had a female lead in a game. It was seen as awesome and cool because it was a nice change from the typical male protagonist. I remember this very well because I became a gamer during this time and that's why I cringe, whenever I hear people shitting on the internet about female leads in games.

Back to topic: RE3 is what made Jill extremely popular. She had an entire game focused on her, she did not play a second fiddle to a guy (Carlos was there but he was just your typical RE one-shot character) and the game showed off her badassery, a change from RE1 where she was a scared and unexperienced rookie. She had the strongest return out of all RE characters in 3, imo
We have Claire and Ada who are capable too but they always played the second fiddle to a male character in the story and none of them had ever a thing on their own like Jill. Rebecca was the main of 0 but we all know how she ended up in Vendetta and Stage Play... oh well :roll:

Given her impact in the 90's, this is why me and others Jill fans are angry with how she has been treated in recent years and why some people hate her partnership with Chris because to some he's very the reason why she's been held back in order to make him look better. I'm personally very conflicted on this matter because I do love their partnership but on the other hand I can also see how Chris may have been the cause which reduced her role within RE greatly. To me as a long-time Jill fan since the 90's, this isn't an easy topic to discuss.
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 18:23 

Maybe...I heard it was cut because it ruined the atmosphere.

That’s fair enough.

Anyways, good convos man - glad you joined here man.
Page 1 of 25 [ Search found 249 matches ]

Jump to:  

Biohaze.com