[ 39 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Apr 19, 2017 13:23 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

LOL! If Capcom lists Chris on the website, game credits, and other official material with a page referring to him as being unusually quiet, maybe it's not really Chris. Like people are saying, if a 'shemp' names himself Chris Redfield, they have to credit him as Chris Redfield, I guess. What gets me is that Capcom would have to be exceptionally dumb to redesign the real Chris in this new, ridiculous manner. Look at Chris in 5 or 6 compared to 7. They're nothing alike. It's like a movie where someone else steps into a major role who didn't even act the part in prior films. Since this is a game though, they still could have at least found any actor out of the hundreds of Chris look alike personalities out there. This is so awkward. *sigh*

You Died has received a thanks from: Albert Scottfield

PostPosted: May 19, 2017 20:32 
Wasting Ammo
Wasting Ammo

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
PSN: Sundowner_Sunder
XBL: SundownerSunder
That's the funniest part, Chris is a beefy guy with dark short hair. How many thousands of models look just like him?

All they had to do is say "We just wanted Chris to be a blonde, younger looking guy on a whim, we retconed the appearance of this character"

Done, problem solved. No mystery at all, no room for a different interpretation. But they didn't.

PostPosted: May 19, 2017 21:16 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Albert Scottfield wrote:
That's the funniest part, Chris is a beefy guy with dark short hair. How many thousands of models look just like him?

All they had to do is say "We just wanted Chris to be a blonde, younger looking guy on a whim, we retconed the appearance of this character"

Done, problem solved. No mystery at all, no room for a different interpretation. But they didn't.

Well, I'm not sure what Capcom was thinking but basically Chris ends up with blonde hair because of the person they ended up picking for photogrammetry. Period. Nothing else to the story other than bad decision making, no further thought process put behind it.

Capcom didn't realize this would kick up so much dust and start so many theories but they've since come out with several different sources making it clear that it's Chris.

I use to laugh at photogrammetry but now I am taking that stance because it's the only thing that explains the blonde hair.

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 0:38 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Albert Scottfield wrote:

I still maintain that he looks just like the BIO3 and UC appearances of HUNK merged. His concept art much closer so to HUNK's epilogue, and absolutely nothing like Chris Redfield.

The only thing that makes me think it's the real Chris at all is that AWM01 Archive where he narrates. If not for that, it would all make it seem pretty clear to not be the real Chris. I do wonder if we're going to be able to tell right away or if they're going to string it along. There's a three year period to explain as well as Blue Umbrella.

The developers did say that Not A Hero is focused on connecting the side story-like BIO7 to the main storyline, so we can probably expect a decent amount of information.

Quote:
I use to laugh at photogrammetry but now I am taking that stance because it's the only thing that explains the blonde hair.

It really doesn't though, they have absolutely no reason to keep the actor's hair color, especially when the character's hair is brown. You just don't do that, it's low budget soap opera kind of casting. They can recolor hair easily on a texture.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 1:52 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
A lot of people think 3A-7 might be "Redfield" if it isn't HUNK. I think it would be far more likely to either be an entirely new character or 3A-7 if "Redfield" is really an imposter.

HUNK hasn't ever been a major part of the story in any of his games and it is unlikely that Capcom would bring him back for this.

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 2:06 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
I dunno, I never expected them to mention H.C.F. much less in a numbered game. Realistically though 3A7 would be most likely, due to having appeared recently. Though HUNK was also mentioned as an advocate of this Umbrella's CQBZ.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 10:06 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Now playing: Biohazard Revelations
An Herb Sandwich wrote:
A lot of people think 3A-7 might be "Redfield" if it isn't HUNK. I think it would be far more likely to either be an entirely new character or 3A-7 if "Redfield" is really an imposter.

HUNK hasn't ever been a major part of the story in any of his games and it is unlikely that Capcom would bring him back for this.

If 3A-7 is HUNK, using the experiment to prove his capabilities in this new organization seems like a viable idea, in the end it paid off, the Commander recognized him and has deviced some plan for him wich could very well be the begining of what we see in Resident Evil 7's ending. I sort of think of his appearance as a DLC character in past games as a way to tell us that they wanted to use him for a long time but didn't have a concrete idea on how until now.

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 11:16 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Kevin Ryman wrote:
An Herb Sandwich wrote:

If 3A-7 is HUNK, using the experiment to prove his capabilities in this new organization seems like a viable idea, in the end it paid off, the Commander recognized him and has deviced some plan for him wich could very well be the begining of what we see in Resident Evil 7's ending. I sort of think of his appearance as a DLC character in past games as a way to tell us that they wanted to use him for a long time but didn't have a concrete idea on how until now.

There's nothing to suggest 3A-7 isn't Hunk.

When you complete the Experiment you get a trophy called, "The Return of the Grim Reaper."

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 12:20 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Now playing: Biohazard Revelations
Guess that confirms it then or trophies are unreliable?

PostPosted: May 20, 2017 12:31 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Kevin Ryman wrote:
Guess that confirms it then or trophies are unreliable?

Their reliable.

It's a good theory, 3A-7= Hunk.

But given all we know now it can't be Hunk at the end of RE7 it's Chris.
The Tokyo Marui Pamphlet gave it all away Kevin.
Blue Umbrella / Chris etc.
Not A Hero is his mission.

[ 39 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next