[ 21 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Apr 12, 2017 22:51 
Chief of Police, co-conspirator

Favorite title: Biohazard

I wonder where Chris's hideout was?
Jill went looking for him but I believe at this time Chris was out looking for Claire.
She's dressed up like Scully in this pic lol.
Chris was initially set to leave for Europe to 'end Umbrella once and for all' but I believe this didn't pan out as he was always on the run.
It wasn't until after Rockfort Island that he met up with Jill to take down Umbrella.
If you look closely at the floor where the knife is it looks like blood...hope it's not Chris's!
Also the hideout looks to be in real disarray - Chris left in a hurry, looks like Umbrella was onto him.

As explained before - Umbrella is hot on Chris's heels and he is trying to lay low. He sees a young woman that reminds him of Claire.
This does look like some Cafe in Paris - maybe Chris did make it out there?
But it's clear he is in the states at the time of Claire's capture when Leon reaches out to him.
Does anyone wonder why Chris shows up in Code Veronica with a R.P.D. S.T.A.R.S. tactical gear and vest?
Raccoon City is done at this time, and S.T.A.R.S. are finished, doesn't make sense.

Barry leaves his family as seen here in Canada.
He goes back to Raccoon city and ends up saving Jill and Carlos via chopper.
Even though this is his 'epilogue' I believe this event with his family takes place during RE3.

Here we see President Graham 'offering' Leon his job with the U.S. Government which later lands him in RE4.

We learn that Sherry indeed had Claire and Leon both be a part of her life growing up.
Especially Claire, it looks like Claire took special care for her, being an orphan herself.
She ends up working for the U.S. Government too (just like Leon and just like with him she probably didn't have much choice) but it seems that thing turned out good for her and she enjoys her job / she has a real strong sense of justice, so despite the sad epilogue of her parents deaths and the government taking control of her, she looks to be doing okay.

This leads straight into Code Veronica.

This one I'm a bit confused.
So Ada retrieves a G sample for Wesker but here she says she will change her identity for her next mission.
Sounds like she would be changing the organization she works for but ends up working for Wesker again in RE4.

We really know nothing about Mr. Death after Raccoon City other than he at least carried on with one more mission that involved dropping some cargo off at Rockfort Island.

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 6:29 
Problem Eliminator
Site Contributor

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Before S.T.A.R.S. was disbanded, Chris was chosen to trial a new S.T.A.R.S. uniform. He kept onto it following the unit's dissolution and wore it during the events of Code: Veronica as a mark of respect to his fallen teammates.

Leon is speaking with Adam Benford there who forms the Secret Military Agency shortly after Raccoon that Leon stays affiliated with until the birth of the D.S.O. President Graham doesn't come onto the scene until 2004.

Ada Wong is an alias and in this case is the name she used when associated with the rival company. As an independent contractor, she likely used different names when working for different groups. When this epilogue was written, she had fulfilled her contract for the rival company by securing the G sample and was moving onto something new, hence why she was giving up the name. She would not return to the rival company until 2004 when she approached their hierarchy who eventually allowed her to rejoin on the condition she spy on Wesker and keep him in check. In recent years however, Capcom seem to have abandoned this concept and she now uses 'Ada Wong' on a full time basis. This name is infamous in the spy community and is of course how Simmons knows her.

As for Hunk, he's just not really as important as people think. He's more of a myth or a ghost than an actual plot device these days. I doubt we'll ever hear from him again.

TheBatMan has received a thanks from: Weskers Report

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 6:49 

TheBatMan wrote:
Before S.T.A.R.S. was disbanded, Chris was chosen to trial a new S.T.A.R.S. uniform. He kept onto it following the unit's dissolution and wore it during the events of Code: Veronica as a mark of respect to his fallen teammates.

Leon is speaking with Adam Benford there who forms the Secret Military Agency shortly after Raccoon that Leon stays affiliated with until the birth of the D.S.O. President Graham doesn't come onto the scene until 2004.

Ada Wong is an alias and in this case is the name she used when associated with the rival company. As an independent contractor, she likely used different names when working for different groups. When this epilogue was written, she had fulfilled her contract for the rival company by securing the G sample and was moving onto something new, hence why she was giving up the name. She would not return to the rival company until 2004 when she approached their hierarchy who eventually allowed her to rejoin on the condition she spy on Wesker and keep him in check. In recent years however, Capcom seem to have abandoned this concept and she now uses 'Ada Wong' on a full time basis. This name is infamous in the spy community and is of course how Simmons knows her.

As for Hunk, he's just not really as important as people think. He's more of a myth or a ghost than an actual plot device these days. I doubt we'll ever hear from him again.

Thanks Batman

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 8:19 
Wasting Ammo
Wasting Ammo

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 5 & 6 (PS4)
PSN: solidcloud4492
Man, I really love the artwork used in the epilogues. I really wish they'd have used the artwork scrapped from RE3 like the one above. Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but you can really get so much out of these pictures. Does anyone know who made them?

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 8:48 

Solidcloud wrote:
Man, I really love the artwork used in the epilogues. I really wish they'd have used the artwork scrapped from RE3 like the one above. Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but you can really get so much out of these pictures. Does anyone know who made them?

Great question! I wish I knew the answer to that.

I got some juicy tidbits on the Epilogues too from the RE Wiki:

*Playable characters Rebecca Chambers and Carlos Oliveira were not described in Epilogue Files, though Barry Burton, a non-playable character at the time of Resident Evil 3, was featured in an Epilogue File.

*Barry reappeared as a playable protagonist and BSAA advisor in Resident Evil Revelations 2 .His daughter Moira, named in his Epilogue File, is also a main protagonist, and his daughter Polly appears in flashbacks.

*Leon's Epilogue served a direct connection to the initial scrapped version of Resident Evil 4 and later the final game. This epilogue was later remade as a scene of The Darkside Chronicles.

*Claire's Epilogue was specifically based on the ending of Resident Evil 2, in which Claire says that she intends to search for her brother and Leon mentions taking down Umbrella. Hideki Kamiya (Director of Resident Evil 2) comments that he added this line by himself and that it forced Noboru Sugimura (writer of Resident Evil 2, CODE:Veronica, Survivor, and Dead Aim) to replace the role of Jill and have Claire as the main lead in CODE:Veronica, which happened initially before Jill became main lead in Resident Evil 3.

*Sherry's Epilogue was a direct link to her status prior to and during the events of Resident Evil 6.

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 12:06 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

PSN: NewsBot
TheBatMan wrote:

She never left the rival company at any point we know of, the epilogue only alludes to a new mission where she needs to assume a different name. Ada Wong is the name she chooses as her default otherwise, regardless of who she works for (otherwise the U.S. Government and French military wouldn't have files on her). It's also possible that she still works for Umbrella Co., since there were no repercussions from her betrayal of Wesker in BIO4. If they're under a new leader following his death, then I imagine she has a clean slate.

If you assume the Asian that makes contact with Javier, who Wesker informs on as an Umbrella agent, is Ada, then that adds to the layer of mistrust and competitiveness between Ada, Wesker and the company's top brass as alluded to in the Report On Ada.

Umbrella Co. are now a bigger threat than The Family, especially depending on what "Chris Redfield" recovers in Not A Hero. I don't see why Ada would ignore them.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

News Bot has received a thanks from: Weskers Report
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 12:12 

Damn... both your and Batman's answer are solid lol!

still not sure which way to go on the Ada angle :shock:

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2017 9:58 
Problem Eliminator
Site Contributor

I believe she did leave the rival company because the 4 Kaitai Shinsho is pretty clear that Ada approaches the rulers herself much later down the line. This what leads into Wesker inviting her to work for him in 2004 as mentioned in Archives.

I dont believe tha Asian in DC is her because that person was assassinated by Javier. Wesker ratted that person out to Javier to buy his trust and to persuade him to cease his business with Umbrella. That broker was an Umbrella employee trying to get Javier to pay inflated prices.

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2017 17:52 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

PSN: NewsBot
I don't think the guide says anything like that.

Quote:
While being cautious, she approached Wesker making the most of the position she kept at the organization and was recognized as a capable intelligence gathering agent if used as a pawn.

Wesker employed Ada semi-privately in both BIO2 and BIO4, and we know from Archives II as you say that it was not Ada who approached Wesker in BIO4. Each mission was his own, but they were colleagues. She was still a member of the rival company throughout, there's no mention of her leaving at any point. What the guide does say is that only her success in Raccoon proved her worth, whereas the organization was puzzled when she first approached them as she was unproven and unknown then. We've never been given even a rough timeline for Ada's employment.

There's nothing to suggest the Asian was actually killed in the end. Seems strange that they would not only leave it gender neutral, but also use the Asian description at all in a game with only one Asian character. Wesker also does not rat out the spy so they can be murdered, he actually tells Javier to use them, which may be an attempt at infiltrating Javier's organization itself.

Quote:
08 14 10 05
I have an answer to our last phone call.
Just as you guessed, the Asian's from Umbrella.
They're not just a rat that got away. They're a bat, still sucking blood.
You could do well if you take advantage of them.

08 21 10 00
Payment confirmed.
Regarding the bat, they've become cautious.
Don't frighten it too much.

It is Javier alone who wants them dead.

Quote:
20XX.08.14 11:24AM
to: Sergio
I obtained interesting info.
That Asian is the umbrella seller's spy.
Get them to trust you and send them back.
Then find their hotel and eliminate them.
There may be rats elsewhere.
I'll crush anyone who crosses me.

I think the file shows Wesker's attempt to slip Ada into Javier's organization the way she seems to just slip in anywhere, with her utility as a spy front and center, an aspect of Wesker's character that the BIO4 guide elaborates on and BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CORPS makes very explicit. But the file also highlights Javier's burning hatred of Umbrella after Hilda's mutation, which Wesker probably didn't account for. Of course, could also be nothing, but there are several ways to read into something so vague and open.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2017 17:55 

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Now playing: All the Things
PSN: Bandage131
Isn't the corpse of the seller seen in-game during Operation Javier 4 or 5?

[ 21 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next