Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 13:42 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 0
PSN: matiasw93
Well, first of all, I do enjoy this game a lot but there are a few observations I've made that I would like to post here.
It had been a while since I last played RE0 but I'm playing the Remastered version for now and I'm having my memory refreshed.

1- Aside from the Train section and a few segments near the ending. All of the zombies are either mercenaries or Umbrella research personnel. I'm assuming they are the 1st Investigation Unit that got caught off guard, that's what the game pretty much implies.
Although, we find some naked zombies that were most likely Marcus' former students that became test subjects for his research and simply wandered the Treatment Plant area for years, I assume. We also see a corpse lying on a bed in the lodgings room, was this guy part of the Investigation Unit too? I highly doubt that any workers remained in the Dam after the Training Facility got shut down.
Thoughts here?

2- Last I checked it was Birkin the one who developed the Hunters... How were a bunch of them let loose in the Training Facility? Of course he could've unleashed them to deal with Billy and Rebecca but evidence found in the breeding room proves that Marcus might've been involved with Hunters research. Here, we see cages almost as tall as Billy and the Hunters were indeed being stored in there before they ripped through those cages.

3- How could Enrico freely roam through the Underground Laboratory without getting noticed by any of the researchers? Research personnel were still conducting their activities in the lab by the time of RE0's events.

4- Was someone covering Marcus' illegal activities on his students? The Correctional Institute Inmates List document talked about transferred individuals to other research facilities, including the Arklay Laboratory, implying that someone from Umbrella's top brass knew about this and was probably covering Marcus. I mean, The Investigator's Report made it kind of clear that nobody knew about such illegal experiments even after 20 years had already passed.

5- After the Training Facility got shut down in 1978, did some of Marcus' students remained by his side? Or was he left completely alone? The corpses disposed in the Treatment Plant area (the ones that gave Billy a bad deja vu) were probably disposed in there after 1978, if they were to be disposed before that, the workers down below would've already found out about Marcus' experiments. I just think it would've been a bit risky for Marcus to dispose of them in there while the Training Facility was still functional.
The naked zombies, the corpses in the morgue, body bags and human remains in the Dam area had to be former students, no? I know he used a couple of his students as test subjects while the Training Facility was still working but he could manage to hide one or two subjects...I just find it very unlikely that he could the same with such a huge amount of bodies to dispose of before everything got shut down.
As far as I know, the Treatment Plant was tasked with the treatment and disposing of the waste generated by the experiments conducted in the Training Center. I believe human testing wasn't a part of this, right? Thus meaning that those human remains present in there had to be from experiments post 1978.

I'm near the ending of the game once again but I don't recall any further observations I've made. I think that RE0 could've been better executed, but nonetheless, still a fun game to play!

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 14:11 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I need a play through and reread on the Archives to answer some of these.

Excellent post and questions Cap!

Also, I have a question to add.

Do you think Billy could've took on Chris?

If this was Chris of that era, of the S.T.A.R.S. timeline then its possible Billy could've kicked his ass.

Remember, the Marines get training too.

Not sure what Billy's fighting style is but he did struggle with that chimp that hopped onto his back though.

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 15:49 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Weskers Report wrote:
I need a play through and reread on the Archives to answer some of these.

Excellent post and questions Cap!

Also, I have a question to add.

Do you think Billy could've took on Chris?

If this was Chris of that era, of the S.T.A.R.S. timeline then its possible Billy could've kicked his ass.

Remember, the Marines get training too.

Not sure what Billy's fighting style is but he did struggle with that chimp that hopped onto his back though.

Thanks buddy! I just noticed these details and decided to discuss them here, I hope to get more members into this thread, let's see.
That's an unfair comparison to be honest. Billy's biography is nowhere near Chris' and his fighting style has barely been explored in the series...
He's a former Marine, they sure have some tough training! But Chris was a former US Pilot and then a S.T.A.R.S member, not to mention that he was 2 years younger than Billy and already achieved such goals.
By the age of 24 Chris was already a knife fighting expert as well as he dominated martial arts such as Judo, Taekwondo, Muay Thai and probably Aikido. Given the information we have, I'd say that Chris would definitely woop Billy's ass :lol:
But again, an unfair comparison.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 16:06 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: RipvanX
I can't access it anymore but on projectumbrella there was a topic about the issues with RE0's geographic setting. It was one of the better reads I had read on there but it was concluded the RE2 lab was an easter egg since everyone was so hung up over the magic elevator lol. Again I can't recall all the details but yeah the devs messed up when it came to the geography.

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 16:10 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

News Bot is this okay that I posted this? If not I'll remove.
Not sure if you changed your thoughts on it but there's some good shit in here:

I've thought about this for a long, long time and have reached a final conclusion. The underground laboratories in BH0 and BH2 are not the same, and there is nothing magic about the elevator. There is simply no conceivable way that makes any inkling of sense where they could be the same. I'll try and make this as comprehensible as possible.

1) Design
The similar design between both labs has been given as a primary reason that they are actually the same. However, aside from the resemblance, there's absolutely nothing that lends credence to that. Everything else goes directly against it.
•The BH0 lab has a shorter master elevator hall. It's old, brick, crumbling and disused. The area behind the shutter has literally collapsed, and the shutter itself has a nice big hole ripped through it.
•The BH2 lab has a longer master elevator hall. It's new, shiny, steel and operational. The shutter is undamaged.

2) Personnel
We don't see many people around in either lab, however certain things occur which are just ridiculous.

The BH0 lab is completely abandoned. Hunters and a Tyrant are wandering around. Enrico is able to walk right through, but not before getting off the master elevator in a supposedly top-secret facility where development on the G-virus was being conducted. The BH0 guide says outright that the t-virus has spread to the lab and surrounding areas (treatment plant, factory, etc). UC goes even further and shows countless creatures wandering the area since the infection has spread to the lab by then.

3) Geography
The two labs being the same comes with CAPCOM being very ignorant of their own geography. Them being different means there is no contradiction.
•The BH0 lab is located in the Arklay Mountains 8 miles north of Raccoon City right below the executive training school and Umbrella Sewerage Treatment Plant.
•The BH2 lab is located in the center of Raccoon City itself with its secret entrance tucked away in the vacant lot of the Umbrella Pharmaceutical Factory in the industrial area.

4) "The Door"
This Door is present in the train shed area in BH0. It is not present in BH2 or Outbreak, although some argue that it's not there just because of how the backgrounds are. This is very flimsy.
•The door in BH0 leads to a tram connected directly to the church built at the same time as the executive training school.
•There is no door in BH2, but the lab itself was built between 1991/1993... magically connected to a facility constructed decades before. If they were so connected, why was the Reclamation Project even necessary when anyone could just go between the two facilities? What was the point of the Ecliptic Express? How did it take so long for the B.O.W.s to get from one to the other?

5) The Number
The number on the train shed is different between BH0 and BH2, but it's the same between BH2 and Outbreak. They're different sheds connected by the same train line (another notch in the whole "network of Umbrella facilities" idea).

The T-001 gets into the BH0 lab because it was originally in the treatment plant being chemically disposed of with two Plague Crawlers. That means the treatment plant is right above the lab, and the executive training school is right above that since they explode at the same time. YET BOTH THE TREATMENT PLANT AND TRAINING SCHOOL BLOW RIGHT THE FUCK UP. Oh, and this is after Birkin says the self-destruct system is right where he is... in his own lab? Which is right below the two places he's going to destroy? The Ada drama album (written by Sugimura at the same time as Zero) also makes it pretty clear that the design of the two labs is a very common one used by Umbrella. Their secret France branch is the exact same.

Quote:

5. UNDERGROUND LABORATORY, CORRIDOR

(SE) The two’s footsteps resounding eerily in silence.

Philippe: “It’s huge... Is this some sort of lab?”
Ada: “It’s all so much alike.”
Philippe: “Huh?”
Ada: “It looks just like Umbrella’s G-Virus laboratory in Raccoon City.”

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 17:02 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

PSN: RipvanX
If you were to take the elevator back to the Trainng Facility, it goes up above the turntable and into the sky. Unless we are talking about a Willy Wonka elevator here, it makes no sense. Rebecca even takes a cable car from the church labs to the turntable. So it shouldn't be anywhere near for the elevator to go all the way back to the Training Facility. The RE2 lab was put there by mistake, and whether it was intended to be the same lab or not was also debated on the thread I mentioned on PU site.

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2017 23:20 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Yeah I thought it was an interesting read that the labs in 0 and 2 are different but their the same man.

It's just fun speculating.

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2017 0:33 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Those are some pretty good points regarding the geography! Well then, it looks like the labs aren't the same, I assume Umbrella is very nitpicky when it comes to their labs' designs, hence why they went with the same design for the Underground Laboratory several years later.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2017 13:05 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

PSN: NewsBot
That was a few years ago before we learnt that originally the cable car from the church actually just went straight to the treatment plant. So there was absolutely no thought given to geography or anything of the sort, the lab was added at Sugimura's suggestion as he'd forgotten what he'd originally outlined for the game, so the geography didn't match. The developers went with it due to the tease potential, as shown on the old official site where they make a big deal about that one section.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2017 13:25 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

News Bot wrote:
That was a few years ago before we learnt that originally the cable car from the church actually just went straight to the treatment plant. So there was absolutely no thought given to geography or anything of the sort, the lab was added at Sugimura's suggestion as he'd forgotten what he'd originally outlined for the game, so the geography didn't match. The developers went with it due to the tease potential, as shown on the old official site where they make a big deal about that one section.

But this isn't THE Lab ran by Birkin, right? Probably just the same design.

- Chris Redfield

[ 88 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next