Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mar 04, 2012 21:07 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Quote:
Don't take this wrong way, as I totally don't mean anything by it, again, this is solely just my curiousity speaking. But, why then did you buy it all in the first place if you don't need or desire any of it? You have like 5-6 versions of Code Veronica X. If you don't need or desire them, why buy them in the first place?

At one point, I was interested in collecting them. Now I am completely uninterested in collecting them. That's really all there is to it haha. The only things I would really like to collect are the airsoft guns, but those are simply too expensive and/or rare.

Quote:
I assume they must've come with some kind of books or something for translation purposes or something? Then again, didn't you buy most of this stuff and start to sell it before you even really got into knowing japanese and translating stuff yourself?

I scanned everything I needed haha, so I can translate them anytime.

Quote:
Again I apologize if I sound rude or am coming off super nosy or whatnot. None of this is meant to with an aggressive or berating intent. I'm just genuinely curious because I don't fully understand it. I guess because if I had gone through all the time, trouble and money to buy all of that myself, I wouldn't wanna just get rid of all of it. It would have a lot of sentimental value to me because of the 'journey' so to speak on collecting it all and getting to that point where I had such a huge collection. I'd be proud of it.

I tend to prioritize, and right now Project Umbrella takes precedence over amassing a collection that will never be complete and I simply don't have the money for anyway.

Quote:
That's why I question it. Believe me, your decisions are yours and yours alone and I'm sure they're solid reasons. Like I said, just purely from a curiousity standpoint because I can't wrap my head around it is why I was asking. So hopefully you didn't take my pestering/questioning of your decision the wrong way. I by no means was trying to berate you for selling it or make a judgement call about it. I'm just a curious person by nature.

No worries haha, I don't mind. I can see how it might be confusing.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2012 13:29 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Operation Raccoon City

Much respect, News Bot. I've had to let go of alot of things in my life - including video game collections. IMO it's the wrong kind of obsession - as you said you're not materialistic. You're doing it for what you believe is the right cause too, without regret, and that's all that really matters. Again, much respect.

[ 22 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3