Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Alan Wake Thread
PostPosted: May 18, 2010 13:11 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
^ Actually it did in the individual format charts. It was second in the all formats charts, where FIFA World Cup 2010 was #1 with the 360 and PS3 sales combined.

I picked up the game this morning, but won't be able to play on two days. Only an exam left and then vacations!

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 18, 2010 13:22 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: inFAMOUS
PSN: ProjeckNemesis
XBL: ProjeckNemesis
So I am half way through the game now. I think I have around 4 maybe 5 hours clocked in at this point. The areas beg to be explored, it is truly amazing what they have done with shadows and light. It is jaw dropping. This is definitely the most polished game I have played in quite some time. The only thing off is the lip synching in cutscenes. Which is really minor.

I wish there was an option to turn the waypoints off. I hate being told where to go, its not like the levels are that hard to figure out where to go.

The story is mind bending, this will definitely be one to playthrough a few times to fully grasp the story. Every corner every aspect of this game is so well done. Oh and the atomsphere, wow just wow.

When I opened my Limited Edition, I was met with a big welcome surprise. The game case is a standard BLACK DVD case rather than the annoying green. I replace all my 360 game cases with black ones, looks so much better. I was very pleased with that. The LE isn't bad, the package is nice. I haven't gone through the extras yet, after I finish the game I will.

Right now, I am thinking this is my favorite game of the year. I am also no longer regretting buying a 360. This game alone made it worth it.

PostPosted: May 19, 2010 21:15 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Now playing: MGSV: TPP
Outbreak ID: YMW05E
PSN: ResidentSidwell
XBL: ResidentSidwell
Just finished my Nightmare run and Alan Wake for now is 100% complete. Definitely worth £40 for the Collectors Edition, time to do some Dev Commentary and the rest of the Bonus Disc now.

PostPosted: May 23, 2010 16:10 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
I'm on my second run of Alan Wake (Nightmare mode). Great game, best of 2010 so far IMO. I love the atmosphere and the story is very well written with lots of unexpected twists and good characters. At first the game may seem very linear but on this second run you actually can take a lot of alternative routes to explore where you can get ammo and weapons as well as new bits of the story (manuscripts). The woods are creepy and somehow remind me the RE4 village, but this is better done in terms of creepiness and sense of isolation. Other areas like the town, the psychiatric clinic, the factory and the farm are connected very well with the prominent wood areas. Bright Falls is the perfect setting and I already can't wait for the upcoming DLC episode.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 24, 2010 16:18 
What's the run down on this game? Is it like Silent Hill? I just want to find out the basics, really. I'm thinking of getting this game in July as I have no money for games just now.

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 19:42 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Now playing: MGSV: TPP
Outbreak ID: YMW05E
PSN: ResidentSidwell
XBL: ResidentSidwell
So I completed 'The Signal' about an hour ago now, my free DLC code worked before release. I have to say I'm not very impressed with it; it doesn't really seem to go anywhere and it was extremely short having completed it in about 25 mins. Ah well; cheevo whoring it is...

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 20:47 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
PSN: YamaMX
Wasn't even aware that it dropped yet, guess I'll go download it seeing as it is free.

Post subject: Re: Alan Wake
PostPosted: Sep 05, 2011 16:30 
I was playing it a while back, and it's very hard. I'm at the part with the kidnapper. But there is not enough flares to go around...

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2011 14:31 
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard
Picked it up, and I assume to have gotten an early copy since there was a voucher for a DLC download. Enjoying the atmosphere so far and despite the hoopla about it being sub-HD (1024x576 IIRC), it's a very good looking game.

Gotta say I'm not loving the Wonder Years style narrative though.

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2011 16:22 
I really think SH: Downpour is 'copying' Alan Wake. Dunno why I assume it is, but it just has a lot of similar scenery and the log walk over the river is kind of the same as in Alan Wake.

[ 89 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next