Profile WWW

Post subject: Re: Devil May Cry 5
PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 14:27 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
PSN: SunAtNight88
XBL: SunAtNight88
Dizzy is right, it's not impossible since the same exact thing happened with the new Cole in Infamous 2, fan outrage was so strong that SCE and Sucker Punch decided to change him back due to the backlash of negative reactions from the fans, things like that prove that some developers actually care about fan reception of their games.
I just hope Capcom and Ninja Theory do the same, let's wait and see.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 16:41 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Having never played the second, third or fourth Devil May Cry titles, or Ninja Theory's own Heavenly Sword, I'm not quite as disappointed as the majority of the series' fans appear to be.

In any case, I'm more interested in CyberConnect2's Asura's Wrath as far as Capcom-published action games go.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 16:59 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 0
Now playing: Rent A Hero NO 1
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Progenitor wrote:
Having never played the second, third or fourth Devil May Cry titles, or Ninja Theory's own Heavenly Sword, I'm not quite as disappointed as the majority of the series' fans appear to be.

In any case, I'm more interested in CyberConnect2's Asura's Wrath as far as Capcom-published action games go.

Someone buy a copy for our friend here. Going to be honest Asura's Wrath seems a bit like a "me too" kinda thing, still willing to try it tho.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 17:34 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: gransport
Gag me CAPCOM.

Yes, the graphics were great, but "Dante" smoking? Hes more into pizza and strawberry shakes CAPCOM, you should know that.
My prediction is maybe that the charecter in the trailer isn't Dante, but more of a wannabe, thinking he IS Dante. (You know, like Cloud in Final Fantasy 7 pretending he was Zack?) Did no one else notice that Dante is missing his favorite sword: Rebellion? (or Alastor, whatever)
Like when the screen flashes back and forth, and he grunts in pain(?), possibly pyschological effects?
And when he gets captured, he lies and says he is Dante.

BUT, if this IS truly Dante, I am assuming that it is a more Teenage version of him, before DMC3. You know how teenage kids are, trying to be cool, smoking and dying their hair? And maybe later he learns that he's not really into that kind of shit, and ditches the smoking and dyed hair.

If the two above are not true, than I will assume that this is possibly a Reboot? I didn't see a 5 in the trailer, only DMC.

I'll still check this out, it may be worth my time. :smile:

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 18:58 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Re:Remake
Yeah, I think it has been confirmed to be a reboot of the series:

Source: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1120705p1.html

Personally, I see no need for a reboot for this series as it was the fine the way it was before. I'd rather have the Dante that we know and love, over a punk kid, but who knows. When we see more of this "new" Dante I'll judge more in terms of personality, but for now, not liking him so much. Also, do you think the gameplay may change a lot from previous titles, or mostly stay the same?

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 19:42 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

Progenitor wrote:

The 2nd game was a very bad game, but the rest were leagues ahead of HS (even though I wasn't that big of a fan of DMC4). They've had combat intricacies and replay value that no western developed action game had, even something like GOW.

HS was one playthrough effort with an emphasis on visuals so much so, it barely ran at 30fps. The combat was barely adequate. So you can see where fans are coming from when they see the new game outsourced, and starring an anorexic emo mofo who smokes.

This is the new Dante?

http://i.imgur.com/1rFpD.jpg

This isn't Twilight.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 20:19 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

PSN: gransport
I'm not sure if I would prefer this, or having DMC stop at number 4, both seem like pretty hasty and unusual things to do.
If this is indeed a Reboot, than I'm guessing that the whole "Son of Sparda" idea will be ditched to make room for the "Punk-ass deliquent that smokes and gets his ass hauled in by the Pigs every week".
So, no "Son of Sparda" means no Vergil, no Sword of Sparda, no devil trigger mode, etc...
I sure hope you know where you are going with this CAPCOM...
It will take me a while to get into this new "Dante", but I will, hopefully. And hopefully he will still have his smart-ass one-liners.

Idea: What if CAPCOM, as a tribute, threw in a classic DMC1/3/4 alternate coustume upon completion of the game? I would find that pretty cool, Capcom did use it for RE5 on Chris, but to some extent.

Edit: After watching the trailer a few more times, I am getting more comfortable with this new Dante. I like his style, and I am starting to like his haircut..
"Why" you ask?

Change.

We have had this same Dante in 4 games, and he would get boring in the 5th one, had he be in the same attire as before the reboot.
Imgaine if CAPCOM left the fixed camera angles in after Code Veronica X? It would get old, very slowly.

So, I think I have a grasp of sorts on why CAPCOM made this decison..

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 22:50 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

There are ways of re-designing a character while retaining the essence or general look. Compared RE2 Leon to his RE4 incarnation or Chris from RE1 to RE5. Change isn't always good or warranted, and frankly, the franchise didn't hit a brick wall like RE did after Zero's sales to warrant an overhaul.

Regardless of the game, the new character design is absolute shit.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 22:53 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 0
Now playing: Rent A Hero NO 1
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
We already had a DMC reboot

Spoiler:
its called Bayonetta also I pretend 2 never happened and instead Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne is really a DMC game as well as SMT

king of all he meows has received a thanks from: V_rated
 Profile WWW
 [ 146 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next