Yeah honestly I have been thinking that the whole time. Bayonetta>DMC

Post subject: Re: Devil May Cry 5
PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 23:00 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: gransport
SG79 wrote:
There are ways of re-designing a character while retaining the essence or general look. Compared RE2 Leon to his RE4 incarnation or Chris from RE1 to RE5. Change isn't always good or warranted, and frankly, the franchise didn't hit a brick wall like RE did after Zero's sales to warrant an overhaul.

Regardless of the game, the new character design is absolute shit.

Just keep watching the trailer over and over, listening to the music, it starts looking good... ish.
Apparently if you pause it at around 0:40 you can see the Dante we all know and love, but I think it may because of the flashing.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 23:03 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

king of all he meows wrote:
We already had a DMC reboot

Spoiler:
its called Bayonetta also I pretend 2 never happened and instead Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne is really a DMC game as well as SMT

I'd say it's called DMC3. That game salvaged the franchise's appeal after the damage done by DMC2. The series, while not a masterpiece, had a nice mythology. Shame to throw it away.

Bayonetta was DMC1's spiritual sequel on crack, which would explain the J-pop soundtrack :P I really tried hard to like that game.

On that note, going by the screen shots, I very much doubt this is a 60 fps game.

UBCSsoldier wrote:
Just keep watching the trailer over and over, listening to the music, it starts looking good... ish.
Apparently if you pause it at around 0:40 you can see the Dante we all know and love, but I think it may because of the flashing.

Yeah, it still looks like Twilight meets Underworld to me... and not being a 16 year old emo girl, I'm not a fan of either :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 23:17 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: The Clone Wars Adventures
You have to be a 16 year old emo girl to like Underworld?

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 23:19 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

PSN: gransport
SG79 wrote:
UBCSsoldier wrote:

Yeah, it still looks like Twilight meets Underworld to me... and not being a 16 year old emo girl, I'm not a fan of either :mrgreen:

Neither am I, but I still like the twilight movies more or less... I didn't go crazy for them, I just watched them when they were rented and enjoyed the epicness, what little there was.. :lol:

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2010 1:20 
Andrew Umaña'd
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: mercenaries
PSN: viewtifuldru
XBL: drubski
ZombiePotato wrote:

yes

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2010 1:34 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: The Clone Wars Adventures
V_rated wrote:
ZombiePotato wrote:

yes

Why?

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2010 2:26 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Borderlands 2
PSN: Wander-forever
XBL: valkyriesoulblu
Alright early theory trime folks early theory time.

First off, lets chill. We have seen no gameplay and this doesnt at all mean Dante as we know it is dead, axed, or forever unable to be used again. Second, Sales wise there was indeed concern of there even being another installment, so sometimes games do in fact need a shake up ( Re4 anyone?) Or in this case a hell of a shake up. Time will tell so lets not judge the book by its cover.

Okay, so this is..apparently a reboot correct? Well you know what, i'm calling a bluff here and now. This trailer showed a few key things, and ill go over them in section to section.

What is your name!!
Early on in the trailer we see subject..whatever the hell his number is chained up and being interrogated. This young kid is asked more than once, who he is, specifically what his name is. Now looking at it from the perspective that, this 'voice' is unaware of who he is can be valid. However, whose to say the voice doesn't already know who he is? As in, perhaps the voice knows this kid 'thinks' he is Dante, who may be real and functioning in this game. Why would he think that? Ill support that further, but I think we have to call into question even if he is truly Dante, no matter if Ninja Theory says he is or not.

The X rays

Later on in the trailer, " Dante" starts freaking out. He seems to have like an attack and then theres a scan of an x-ray, displaying a brain. What does it mean? No one is certain, but what if this is implying brain damage, perhaps memory loss, perhaps brainwashing or tempering even? Perhaps this kid has certain demonic possession which causes him to think he is Dante. Who knows really.

My name is Dante

Note that specifically when those words are uttered, the boy does not say them, and note this is quite a raspy voice for such a young kid. Remember the Re 5 trailer, where Wesker mentions youre partner and says " Ill leave you two to, catch up." Trailers can be cut and mixed to imply something entirely different than what we get, im sure everyone has encountered that and its a fine art. Perhaps we find out this kid never said this perhaps we find out his voice is entirely different.

And theres that

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2010 13:26 
Andrew Umaña'd
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: mercenaries
PSN: viewtifuldru
XBL: drubski
Or could he be the new Raiden?

Honestly, I would've taken a new game with Nero or Virgil as protags

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2010 18:01 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
I've never been the biggest DMC fan. I only bought and played part 1 and 4, although I do own part 3, I never played it. In any event, I thought it was kinda silly to reboot the franchise so suddenly too. And to replace Dante who like it or not, most people love, with some freaky drug addict kid doesn't really do much.

Here's to hoping for DMC fans sake they do somehow connect this to the main DMC storyline, but, being they mentioned it was a reboot, there's honestly no reason to do that at all otherwise it wouldn't be a reboot but a sequel/prequel.

Profile WWW
 [ 146 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next