Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Oct 30, 2011 0:53 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Outbreak ID: RIP
PSN: xKomaru
XBL: xKomaru
Nope it fine to think that, since its still a $40 game and not a dlc.
but since the announcement, it was expected to rehash old element from DR2.
So just for me, I think the things that were addressed was pretty good and a + for OTR

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2011 13:57 
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard
I should get back to the game. Got distracted by work and other games, but I agree, the game is as initially promised. The technical and gameplay revisions are more than enough for me to warrant a purchase.

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2011 21:49 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak
Now playing: Biohazard Outbreak (OBSRV)
Outbreak ID: 1ARURV
PSN: ShipDeckSurvivor
XBL: NOYB
Didn't think i would like this better than the original, but i did.

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2011 17:11 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
Resident Evil Fan

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 5
PSN: estumas
The price for it here has already dropped over $30, so I ordered it last night. Should arrive on Friday to be added to the growing backlog. LOL

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2011 15:57 
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator

Same price here, but pretty much all stores got a handful of copies. Still playing it particularly the max out PP level is higher.

Now onto the lowpoint of the game: DLC that's just a cheat code unlock... seriously. You get to unlock the game's debug menu apparently by shelling 400 MS points.

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2011 23:24 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
Resident Evil Fan

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 5
PSN: estumas
Yeah just after I posted in here to say I'd purchased it (it turned up this morning as expected) I got an e-mail from Capcom's press thingy saying about the Fire Fighter outfit, and then talking about this gamebreaker crap. I thought studios had gone off doing this sort of stuff (I recall it happening a lot a few years back) but clearly Capcom didn't get the message.

Mind you earlier in the week I was thinking about this as well, as I'm worried Sony/Naughty Dog is going to do the same with Uncharted 3 seeing as they've seemingly dropped the cheat/single player costume options in the game which appeared in the last 2. And dropped the modification of Multiplayer character models so that people can spend up to $20USD on costume packs.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2011 1:21 
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator

Content is one thing but this is ridiculous. Anyway, knowing my issues of the original DR2, let me know if they've fixed the issues with OTR on PS3, namely tearing and frame rate in general. The frame rate in the new area is pretty damn brutal on 360 as it is so I'm curious how it is on PS3.

I should be able to get it later to play online for less than paying for the Live membership.

I think you'll like it better than DR2, content wise that is.

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2011 14:06 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 1.5
PSN: jill-sanwich
SG79 wrote:
Content is one thing but this is ridiculous. Anyway, knowing my issues of the original DR2, let me know if they've fixed the issues with OTR on PS3, namely tearing and frame rate in general. The frame rate in the new area is pretty damn brutal on 360 as it is so I'm curious how it is on PS3.

I should be able to get it later to play online for less than paying for the Live membership.

I think you'll like it better than DR2, content wise that is.

I'm not sure about tearing but if you get somewhere too fast some of the setpieces don't load right away. the framerate dips to me on the ps3 weren't as often, however when it did go down it stayed down longer than the original.

A lot of this stuff there boasting as extras could have been applied to the original game and been used to expand it. This is just a waste.

Oh my god ! A Zombie Republican ! - Kevin Ryman

PostPosted: Nov 12, 2011 22:49 
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator

You keep saying they're mere extras but they're not. The revisions here are akin SSFIV so a mere patch wouldn't have been feasible especially that there is a ton of new audio in there, and revised content. Whether you think it's worth it is an entirely separate and subjective matter.

Anyway, I saw some PS3 footage and tearing is still present en mass. I'll gladly skip over that version.

PostPosted: Nov 13, 2011 5:04 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 1.5
PSN: jill-sanwich
Oh i didn't mean through dlc, I know that the size is too large for that. I'm a firm believer that this could of been better as a true director's cut instead of shoehorning frank into the center of DR2's plot. I would rather see some of these technical upgrades applied to the original game in director's cut format than in this spin off.

Oh my god ! A Zombie Republican ! - Kevin Ryman

[ 67 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next