Post subject: The Bioware Thread!!!
PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 16:17 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: Tekken Tag 2
PSN: Pesara
3DS: 096291641894
I'm pretty sure that most, if not all of us have played a Bioware game, and I decided that Bioware was worth a thread. So anyway, I'll start off by talking about my favourite so far.

Dragon Age:Origins.
Whenever I do a playthrough, I almost always go for one of two characters, with the same teams.
1 - F!Cousland. Dual wielding, with Alistair romance with the ending of
Spoiler:
Alistair becoming King, and her ruling at his side.

2 - F!Amell. Staff until Arcane Warrior, then it's Juggernaut time! Romance Leliana with the ending of
Spoiler:
Returning to the circle to help them out.

The team is always Alistair, Wynne and Leliana.

Mass Effect 2.
Seeing as I am one of those poor, unfortunate souls deprived of the original, here is ME2, which is also awesome.
I only have one playthrough done, so voila!
F!Shepard. Infiltrator with the Sniper upgrade at the
Spoiler:
Collectors Ship.
I went for Kelly as the romance option. Not that anything other than Kelly pole dancing occurs, but regardless.
Favourite team being Garrus and Kasumi. Screw Zaeed, he
Spoiler:
got Tali killed on the suicide mission because a seasoned veteran has no idea how to provide cover fire. :roll:

Dragon Age 2.
Ick. Not a fan.
1 - F!RogueHawke. Romance Isabella or Merril. Fenris is fan service, and annoying. Anders is not Anders anymore. Team of Aveline/Woman shaped battering ram, Isabella and Anders/Bethany. At the end I
Spoiler:
Sided with the mages. Meredith can expletive off.

2 - M!MageHawke. Fenris (and boy did I hate it. Damn anti-me playthroughs). Team of It, Varric and Merril. Finished with
Spoiler:
Siding with Templars. Orsino can expletive off too.

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 17:15 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
You start a BioWare thread and the first thing you mention is Dragon Age?

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 17:45 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

I had to finish homework! Mass Effect is up there now. I can't look at M!Shepard after discovering that he voiced a prostitute in DA2.

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 18:29 
Bittersweet and tangy.
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: BH Outbreak (obsrv)
Outbreak ID: 4XDFE4
PSN: wictoriously
XBL: wictorious
My ME1/ME2 Shepard is of the colonist origin, has the sole survivor background, and she's a paragon.
Spoiler:
She romanced Kaidan, left Ashley on Virmire, let Wrex live, convinced Garrus to stay in C-sec, helped Tali by getting her Geth data, got Wrex's family armor, and she also let the Rachni queen live.

In ME2,
Spoiler:
she stayed faithful to Kaidan, resolved both conflicts between Jack/Miranda and Tali/Legion, did everyone's loyalty missions and everyone survived, and destroyed the collector base at the end.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 18:32 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

The Jack/Miranda conflict is so annoying! I sided with Jack, because I didn't have enough points, but even with full Paragon, I can't talk to Miranda without getting a "Why don't you go talk with your best friend Jack?"

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 18:34 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
My Shepard romanced Thane in ME2, she didn't romance anyone in ME1. But she did sacrifice Kaidan to save Ashley at Virmire, she didn't kill Wrex.

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 18:48 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 6
I have yet to finish DA:O, just hard to find the time :(

As for ME, I too haven't been able to play the original yet. But I played through ME2 four times now :)

Male Shepard
Spoiler:
Paragon choices mostly. Chose good ending to blow up Collector base but Jack didn't survive. Romanced Tali but still got her exiled from the fleet.

Female Shepard
Spoiler:
Renegade choices mostly. First playthrough I managed to get the no one left behind achievement on insanity... that was difficult.

Second playthrough, renegade choices again. And I purposely tried to get most of the cast killed. Only Miranda (loyal), Jacob (loyal) and Samara (I purposely failed her loyalty mission) survived. I have no idea how Samara managed to pull through. Sold Legion to Cerberus. No romance. Chose bad ending to let Cerberus take the Collector base. I did all this to see what'll be like to play ME3 with these odd choices. Especially since Tali, Garrus, Legion, Mordin have all been confirmed and shown in the game - but with this playthrough they won't be there. I wonder what'll happen :)

Even more in this playthrough, Grunt is dead and by default so is Wrex. So without them I wonder what'll happen to the Krogan in ME3

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2012 12:04 
I loved Dragon Age: Origins. I played it to death on PC and had a great time with the mods. Awakenings was ok. Female Cousland, Dual Wielding, Alistair romance, Oghren BFF
Spoiler:
Alistair and my Cousland went off to be Gray Wardens, giving Anora the throne.

I have ME1 and 2 through Steam, just couldn't get into it. DA2 was so god awful. I am fully boycotting Bioware now, but I still have fond memories of all my time with DA:O :)

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 15:18 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 6
Well, I finally beat ME3 for the first time! Woohoo! I have to say that I'm not sure why so many people hate the ending(s), I happen to like them. I can think of far worse endings or games that didn't even care to have an ending. But I felt it was a great ending to the series, very fitting.

Major spoilers here, discussing the ending(s)! Be warned!!!....

Spoiler:
If i had to understand the ire of fans, I'm guessing they didn't like the fact that the ending changes so much, no matter what you choose. Just to recap, some of the biggest changes would be..

-destroying all Reapers and synthetics, including Geth and EDI. This leaves the possibility that synthetic life will be created again to repeat a history of conflict
- control/spare the Reapers and save the Earth, which also spares the Citidel from destruction.
- initiate the synthesis, which creates new synthetic-organic life across all existing life in the galaxy. The Reapers abandon their campaign, Earth is saved as well as all life. (I choose this ending)

In nearly every ending Shepard dies, sacrificing himself. If you choose to destroy the reapers, you'll need a high enough readiness for an extra scene where he awakens in rubble, surviving the event. In every ending, except the "destroying reapers" ending, the citadel is destroyed. In every ending all the mass relays and mass effect tech seems to be destroyed. This leaves all species unable to travel the galaxy as they once did.

So wow, these variables give way to a future that will have some drastic changes, but that's good. I guess fans were expecting to retire on a tropical beach like Garrus said. Maybe revisit the Citadel or have a drink at Afterlife on Omega, and live out the rest of Shepard's elderly years in peace. But that would be conventional, I'd expect that ending. In fact I expect that ending in every game and summer blockbuster movie. The endings they provided I would have never predicted and can't rightfully predict what exactly it means for the literal future of the story.

In either case the story ends the current ME arch completely. The old galaxy fans have come to know now only exist in the previous installments. The choices they've made will really shape whatever future lies ahead.

The final scene was a nice touch I thought. It ends in the same fashion it started, with a legend. The legend of the Reapers turned out to be true and changed the fate of the galaxy. The two characters at the end speak of a new legend in their time: The Shepard. To them it's just a tale but one day they may discover the adventurous truth that inspired it.

Now I have not beaten it on a second playthrough/new game + but supposedly there's more to the endings if you do. Or I'm reading the "secret ending" is the final scene mentioned above. Not sure.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 18:36 
Bittersweet and tangy.
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: BH Outbreak (obsrv)
Outbreak ID: 4XDFE4
PSN: wictoriously
XBL: wictorious
For me, it wasn't that I wanted a happy ending, I just wanted answers and closure. Not to mention all of the endings you get are exactly the same, save for the color of beams used (hey, are you a blue, red, or green kind of person?). It just feels like none of the decisions made over the course of all three games really did anything to contribute to the ending.

Besides, what the hell was up with the last part?
Spoiler:
Joker was fighting in the Normandy over earth? How the heck did he get far away enough to evade a mass relay explosion? Where did my teammates go when Harbinger was shooting at me? Why did they somehow teleport on to the Normandy after crash landing on some random planet? Since the mass relays got destroyed, shouldn't most (heck, all) of the solar systems be destroyed (anyone remember the end of the Arrival DLC)? WHY THE HELL DO REAPERS KILL LIFE TO PROTECT THEM FROM SYNTHETICS WHEN THEY THEMSELVES ARE SYNTHETICS? WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE? WHERE ARE MY HALF-CANADIAN KAIDAN CHILDREN?
Phew. Sorry. Just... uhh... yeah.

I swear, I loved the game though. I can let the last 10 minutes slide. Especially since the multiplayer is decent and kind of fun.

Profile WWW
 [ 85 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next