[ 21 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Outlast 2
PostPosted: Apr 06, 2017 9:03 
Banned
Banned

This game is out very soon on the PS4. You can also get a retail copy with the first two games, Outlast and Outlast: Whistleblower under the name "Outlast: Trinity."

Until now, I've really not giving the series much attention, but after suffering the onslaught by the Bakers and he Molded, why not check them out? :cool:

Post subject: Re: Outlast 2
PostPosted: Apr 06, 2017 17:27 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
You Died wrote:
This game is out very soon on the PS4. You can also get a retail copy with the first two games, Outlast and Outlast: Whistleblower under the name "Outlast: Trinity."

Until now, I've really not giving the series much attention, but after suffering the onslaught by the Bakers and he Molded, why not check them out? :cool:

Do you still not have any weapons in Outlast 2?

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2017 9:44 
Banned
Banned

I don't know. I haven't played the game. I just heard you are in a desert or some forest looking for a family.

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2017 3:30 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: RipvanX
This game was a disappointment and does not even hold a candle to the first Outlast or Whistleblower. The whole game feels incredibly scripted which forces you to take specific paths when sneaking or running away from enemies. While the first game had these elements, there was more freedom to get around situations; Outlast 2 has these big open environments but there is always only one way to go. The camera battery drains way too fast, most of the enemies look like regular country folk for most of the game. There are these segments where you are thrown into a generic looking school where you have to find your way out which ruin the pacing of the game.

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2017 16:48 
The Lesbian
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
Played the PS4 version. The game managed to give me a massive headache and nausea because of the constantly shifting first person view. I will say this, the game is really scary and even though you aren't given any weapons or means to defend yourself at any point, the sneaking mechanics or the hiding mechanics don't seem to be in the players favor because of how impossible it is to escape enemies once you're inevitably spotted.

You're either in a huge open space with little to no direction on where to go, which wastes time and the precious battery space your camcorder needs to see ANYTHING- or you're walking through a narrow corridor with nothing happening or being chased in a programmed sequence.

The setting is really awesome but you never have time to explore because you can't see or you are constantly spotted by enemies. 3 hits and you're done for, which means you go all the way back to the opening of the area. I know the camcorder is your most precious tool but the batteries run out so fast that you'll be scrambling for more while in the dark....being chased and getting killed because you have no idea where you're going. At one point I got so lost that after getting killed 4 times, I had to look up that I was supposed to crawl into a small hole under a random building.

I also thought how funny it is that you can heal in this game when you're completely standing still. It's not gonna happen. Because once again...you're always being chased.

I will say that the game does have tension and a sense of constant urgency, but most of the time it's not gracefully executed. There are so many programmed "cutcsene " sequences that I wasn't aware as to whether I did something wrong and was going to die or it was a cut scene.

Story is okay. Standard, but they amp up the shock factor to the point where it feels a bit forced. Especially with the whole school thing. I'm not disappointed but the gameplay is much to be desired.

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2017 23:13 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Robyn wrote:
Played the PS4 version. The game managed to give me a massive headache and nausea because of the constantly shifting first person view. I will say this, the game is really scary and even though you aren't given any weapons or means to defend yourself at any point, the sneaking mechanics or the hiding mechanics don't seem to be in the players favor because of how impossible it is to escape enemies once you're inevitably spotted.

You're either in a huge open space with little to no direction on where to go, which wastes time and the precious battery space your camcorder needs to see ANYTHING- or you're walking through a narrow corridor with nothing happening or being chased in a programmed sequence.

The setting is really awesome but you never have time to explore because you can't see or you are constantly spotted by enemies. 3 hits and you're done for, which means you go all the way back to the opening of the area. I know the camcorder is your most precious tool but the batteries run out so fast that you'll be scrambling for more while in the dark....being chased and getting killed because you have no idea where you're going. At one point I got so lost that after getting killed 4 times, I had to look up that I was supposed to crawl into a small hole under a random building.

I also thought how funny it is that you can heal in this game when you're completely standing still. It's not gonna happen. Because once again...you're always being chased.

I will say that the game does have tension and a sense of constant urgency, but most of the time it's not gracefully executed. There are so many programmed "cutcsene " sequences that I wasn't aware as to whether I did something wrong and was going to die or it was a cut scene.

Story is okay. Standard, but they amp up the shock factor to the point where it feels a bit forced. Especially with the whole school thing. I'm not disappointed but the gameplay is much to be desired.

That's cool Robyn.

I was wondering about this game, I played through the first one minus Whistle Blower.

Good review but I think I'll pass on this one.

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2017 1:47 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

I hated Outlast 2, but do NOT skip out on Whistleblower. Its better than the main game in certain respects and has one of the most messed up Nemesis like enemies ever.

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2017 8:25 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

RipvanX wrote:
I hated Outlast 2, but do NOT skip out on Whistleblower. Its better than the main game in certain respects and has one of the most messed up Nemesis like enemies ever.

ahh shucks, I already traded that game in awhile back.

I just read your review too. I hate that when they make these environments seem big but their not, they just have one linear path.

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2017 18:42 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Weskers Report wrote:
RipvanX wrote:

ahh shucks, I already traded that game in awhile back.

I just read your review too. I hate that when they make these environments seem big but their not, they just have one linear path.

I am honestly shocked Outlast 2 turned out the way it did. I couldn't even finish the game; I got to the very end and was fed up with it. The game yanks control from you constantly, throwing you back and forth between the past and present so frequently that its headache inducing. It completely throws you out of any immersion the game tries to set up. Same thing happened with the Amnesia developers; A Machine for Pigs was trash as well. These small studios let their reputation get to their heads and they end up losing sight of what made them successful in the first place.

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2017 23:41 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Now playing: Biohazard 5
PSN: Sundowner_Sunder
XBL: SundownerSunder
I decided to watch gameplay videos instead of buying this game, just like with the first one. It seems more of the same, they just tried too hard to be more edgy this time. And the explanation behind it all seems a bit... generic.

I think most people are just tired of running or getting killed because they don't know what to do, this formula is outdated.

[ 21 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next