[ 27 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Worst Video Games Ever?
PostPosted: Jul 06, 2017 22:09 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

This can't be just random bad games you heard about, but ones you have actually played.

Title: OverBlood
System: Playstation 1
Released: 1996

The problem with OverBlood is, well, everything? Actually despite it's clonky gameplay, I didn't find this game all that bad as it's infamously made out to be. Anyway, this game came out the same year as Resident Evil. Which is why anybody even remembers this game because they probably played this hoping for another Resident Evil. It certainly is not. And this awful soundtrack music:
phpBB [video]

PIPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2017 23:47 
Ryudo the wall crusher!
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: Plumbers don't wear ties
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Indigo Prophecy. Rare you see writing this bad from a western dev. It's like Tommy Wiseau tried to make a game. Forced sex scene a bunch of nonsense then giant office bugs. It's just offensive in how bad it is.

Ok yeah I played Superman 64 back in the day and it's awful but I kinda expected it. Licensed game and Superman. I don't think Titus ever made anything good.

Infinite Undiscovery. The is the only RPG I know I hated within the first hour. That woods sequence at the beginning is so horrible. Rest of it is bad but that opening is so bad I'm putting it here because that was just baffling.

Drake and the 99 Dragon's. I wanted this based on Bruce Timm. Oh boy.I think this is far worse than Superman 64. The controls and camera are so amazingly awful and buggy game as well. It's hard to put into words but everything about this is horrible.

Pier Solar. Yup the indie RPG darling. I won't lie this game has a lot of love put into it. A lot of work. A fantastic OST. The problem is everything else. When a town itself is very hard to navigate like a maze it's a bad sign The game is woefully unbalanced. It is far more balanced in a enemies favor and a lot of luck involved. Doesn't feel very stat based. Getting to an objective is also a frustrating maze. Dungeons again a maze..not not one like hey figure it out. Just We designed this at random. You get to a dungeon get to the boss which is a frustrating thing to begin with with the maze and encounters with enemies. I beat the boss then you have to work your way back out and here I am with little health and no healing items left...make it back to the point to finish the mission and SURPRISE boss fight again. Oh no not a boss fight you are supposed to lose either. Nothing to help you heal like a normal game. This is piss poor game design. I played difficult RPGs from the 8-16 bit eras and while they were tough they were fair to the player for the most part.
This game is just terrible and it's a shame. It has a bunch of love into it but in the same way a mega fan of their fave singer goes to american idol to sing that singers songs but so tone deaf they sound like a pig vomiting a cat.

In short it's a tone deaf love letter.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 0:42 
Ada's Cottage Cheese
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: EarthBound
PSN: Aurulent
Wii: 3140296389951314
Alone in the Dark.

I have some fond memories of this game, but mostly it was glitchy and entirely unfair. The car segment was ambitious but so poorly executed. I remember failing it so many times for reasons that weren't always clear. At another point I remember getting caught on an object which caused the main character to "fall" in place a foot above the ground. When he finally touched the ground again, it was as if he'd fallen off a skyscraper to his death. The segments with the blackness that insta kills were also very cheap, where they sometimes ignored your light source and consumed your character anyway.

Profile WWW YIM

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 2:09 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: PSYCHO BREAK
Seraph22x wrote:
Alone in the Dark.

I guess you could say it is a classic, but god that game sucks. They never, in my opinion made a decent sequel either. They tried their best to keep the IP afloat, but no dice. Uwe Boll killed that one in the end.

The game I chose was Countdown Vampires. It was a piece of shit Resident Evil clone, funny enough also has the original Barry from RE as a voice actor.
phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 2:15 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Good call with Alone in the Dark, Seraph22x. That game really is god awful. It does seem fitting that Uwe Boll of all people would direct a movie of that garbage. Better dead and buried, if you ask me.

That Countdown Vampires video you linked is so bad, Colonel Wesker. When you hear the music come on you just know it's going to be cringey. It does look like an awful Resident Evil ripoff.

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 5:12 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: Uncharted: Lost Legacy, DA:I
I really loved the movie this games is based on but the game itself? A catastrophe
phpBB [video]

The second worst I played would be RE6

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 16:23 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Title: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
System: NES
Released: 1982

Another game I think we can all agree on, if you have ever had the misfortune of playing this one. It's so bad that Atari buried unsold copies in a New Mexico landfill, along with other Atari products.

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 17:11 
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

Alone in the Dark isn't bad. It's a classic. OverBlood is okay too, but Virus: It Is Aware is a stinker. Uh!

OK. I assume you meant the Alone in the Dark from 2008, huh?

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 17:22 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

You Died wrote:
Alone in the Dark isn't bad. It's a classic. OverBlood is okay too, but Virus: It Is Aware is a stinker. Uh!

The entire Alone in the Dark franchise is tasteless garbage. Let's be honest here.

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 17:27 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: PSYCHO BREAK
Gimpy wrote:
You Died wrote:

The entire Alone in the Dark franchise is tasteless garbage. Let's be honest here.

I have to agree with Gumpy here. I played the original back in the day and it not only hasn't aged well, it wasn't fun to play even at the time. Partially a trendsetter? Whose to say Resident Evil wouldn't have came out on its own without or, or had other influencers.

Alone in the Dark : The New Nightmare on Dreamcast was also another unfortunate turd.

If I had to think of another game for this list it would probably be Dino Crisis 3. What a piece of shit. They completely ruined an otherwise decent franchise.

I also agree with Ryudo on the Pier Solar. Another disappointment. They tried to play on nostalgia without any of the fun.

[ 27 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next