Post subject: Re: Trophy Achievements
PostPosted: Sep 12, 2017 21:46 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 0
PSN: matiasw93
Resident Evil Zero 100% Platinum! :razz:
Had a blast playing through Hard mode and never died a single time! This was the best RE Zero experience I ever had, this Remaster made me appreciate RE0 a lot more.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 9:25 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 7
Captain Redfield wrote:
Resident Evil Zero 100% Platinum! :razz:
Had a blast playing through Hard mode and never died a single time! This was the best RE Zero experience I ever had, this Remaster made me appreciate RE0 a lot more.

Takes me back to the first time I played through Zero and quickly realized that fighting every early enemy was not going to work. I actually had to restart the game because I had no ammo for where I was at. Oh, how things have changed since then!

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 10:09 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Rawhide wrote:
Takes me back to the first time I played through Zero and quickly realized that fighting every early enemy was not going to work. I actually had to restart the game because I had no ammo for where I was at. Oh, how things have changed since then!

Yeah, you can avoid a good amount of them. Although, there are quite a few that are pretty hard to pass through and you have to deal with them using the knife, that's what I did.
It is actually quite easy to kill zombies with the knife in Zero. You just have to trick them into thinking that they're about to grab you, that leaves them vulnerable for a 2 seconds and then you strike with the knife, after the first hit, just repeat the process.
I saved most of my handgun ammo and used it on the Queen Leech's first form to save the Magnum and Grenade Launcher for the final battle. I also used a combination of Grenade Launcher and Magnum to take down Proto Tyrant during both battles. Precisely, 5 Napalm rounds, 4 Magnum shots and maybe 5/6 shots from the handgun to finally defeat it.
Hard mode is actually quite an enjoyable experience once you get used to it, survival at its finest.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 11:05 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
Captain Redfield wrote:
Yeah, you can avoid a good amount of them. Although, there are quite a few that are pretty hard to pass through and you have to deal with them using the knife, that's what I did.
It is actually quite easy to kill zombies with the knife in Zero. You just have to trick them into thinking that they're about to grab you, that leaves them vulnerable for a 2 seconds and then you strike with the knife, after the first hit, just repeat the process.
I saved most of my handgun ammo and used it on the Queen Leech's first form to save the Magnum and Grenade Launcher for the final battle. I also used a combination of Grenade Launcher and Magnum to take down Proto Tyrant during both battles. Precisely, 5 Napalm rounds, 4 Magnum shots and maybe 5/6 shots from the handgun to finally defeat it.
Hard mode is actually quite an enjoyable experience once you get used to it, survival at its finest.

The thing about that game though is I feel the placement of herbs is uneven, with very little early on, and a surplus later on.

I also got 100%, btw. It is indeed a fun game.

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 13:00 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
I am currently playing Madhouse difficulty on 7. I just collected the key cards to enter Lucas' barn "Testing Area".

Some tips I would give:

To defeat Mia in the beginning, collect all ammo in the attic before you spawn her by climbing the ladder. Then, plan your shots carefully, aiming for the head. I ran out of ammo, and finished the fight by wildly swinging the axe at her.

Get the circular saw, the two defense scrolls, the defense coin, the x-ray glasses, and the walking shoes before doing this mode. The saw lets you save ammo and kill Molded quicky, while holding both scrolls in your inventory at once makes the guard ability block all damage.
When facing enemies, block the first attack, then aim and use the saw around the head and upper arms area. Anticipate each attack, and quickly attack in between enemy strikes. When facing the four legged ones, crouch and use the same strategy, letting them leap at you while blocking, then going straight for the head.
Save the shotgun for multiple enemies and bosses.

Molded placement is changed, with more appearing, and the four legged ones show up very early.

During the first fight with Jack, try to start the car before he does, as it makes the fight much more difficult. After all, you can't block a car.
Jack can otherwise be dropped in seconds using the saw technique while he is in "free roam" and during the basement fight (don't even bother with the chainsaw), as can Marguerite when first encountered (you could avoid her bug damage by trying to sneak past her, but I didn't bother).
During the fight when you are in the pit and she is above you, you can't reach her with the saw. Use the shotgun and flamethrower.
In her mutant form battle, I used a combination of the flamethrower, shotgun, saw, and grenade launcher.

There are many more coins on this difficulty, and the placement is mixed up. X-ray glasses really makes collecting them easy. You can use an online guide to be sure you have all the ones in an area before passing a point of no return (you need to get them all on this mode for an achievement/trophy). You can use stats on the pause menu to keep track of how many you have so far.
There are three new cages to unlock in the main hall, two with perk coins and one with the scorpion key (getting it before the shadow puzzle carving in the upstairs bathroom spawns Jack early, so be ready).

I almost never used the handgun. I combined any gunpowder I found with handgun bullets for enhanced ammo, then used the separating agent to take it apart for strong chem fluid. I also used it on psycostimulants, as they are useless when you have the x-ray glasses. Most chem fluid I used for health, and sometimes grenades.

The defense coin, scrolls, shoes, saw and glasses will transport back to the item box when discarded. This can save you trips, just don't do this with other items by mistake (the warning message before doing so will tell you if it's safe).

You need tapes to save, like ink ribbons, but this hasn't been an issue for me yet.

Finished it. Here is the rest of what I would recommend doing for this mode:

Use the x-ray glasses to check the crates in the testing area. If you can't see an item in them, it is a trap one. Bring along a handgun to shoot the explosive trip wires.
When you reach the first Fat Molded in the barn, you will notice there are now two of them.
Do not use the saw on these enemies, as blocking is near useless. The magnum and grenade launcher work best. I didn't have the magnum yet, so I used the latter.

During the fight against slug Jack, I used nothing but a shotgun. If you don't have enough ammo, you could also use the handgun. Block his attacks, and move around to get him to expose his weak points. One of the rare autosaves happens before this fight, so don't stress it. Give the serum to Mia to avoid fighting her later.

After the video tape section on the ship, you are going to want to get the saw, scrolls, etc. from the item box on the 2nd floor. Their are two Fat Molded in the hall. I would recommend avoiding them, and if you have to pass by them, knock them over with remote bombs (be sparing though).
At this point, I began to use the Albert-01R. Before I switched to the Mia section, I filled it with enhanced rounds. Save them and any more you make for the following: When you go to get the wire from the third floor, and a Fat Molded spawns behind you, use a couple bombs on it, then shoot it in the head with the A-01R loaded with enhanced ammo (gunpowder is in the same room). On the bottom level Fat Molded, do the same.

Once I reached the mines, I went nuts with the A-01R, as I had over a hundred bullets for it.
I used that and the saw on Molded, the last of my bombs on groups, and the grenade launcher and magnum on Fat Molded. The ladder you have to climb immediately after killing the two fat molded at the end of the mine has 3 trip wire explosives on it. Shoot them before climbing (it can be hard to spot the last one). After that, you should be golden.

Some more general tips before starting this mode:

You can skip the reloading and healing animations by using block. Make sure the ammo counter shows the bullets enter first.

Take advantage of the fact Molded can't open doors, especially on the ship. Leaving a room may cause them to despawn. They will usually respawn upon reentry, but use the delay to either get the jump on them, or to use it as an opportunity to escape.

4 Legged Molded can be difficult to block. Something I noticed at the end was the Albert-01R could take them out with a single, well placed shot. It may be worth it to use it earlier.

When I collected and used all the coins on the cages (as well as the bonus coin from the demo), I was one coin off from opening all of them. Kind of a jerk move.
Make sure you get the ones you need first. I passed on the stabilizer. If you don't mind the hassle, you could definitely pass on the scorpion key. (the toy shotgun is now in the basement, so you can get the shotgun that way)

Some things I forgot to mention before: the grenade laucher is now in the trailer, and Molded now appear in the old house along with the bugs.
Be sure to use the glasses to pick up all resources.

Well, good luck to anyone else trying this! It wasn't that bad, honestly... unless you do it without both scrolls and the saw. X-ray glasses and the Albert gun were also invaluable. Walking shoes were nice to have, but not nearly as important.

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 13:08 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
The thing about that game though is I feel the placement of herbs is uneven, with very little early on, and a surplus later on.

I also got 100%, btw. It is indeed a fun game.

You're talking about Hard mode or the game in general?
Hard mode doesn't give you too many herbs during the Ecliptic Express part but once you enter the Training Facility you'll pick up quite a good amount of healing items.
I really enjoyed RE Zero more than ever before, had a great time with this Remaster.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 19:02 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Thanks guys.

I think the most difficult games in the series to play is Zero (even on Normal Mode) and Code Veronica (which doesn't even have a difficulty setting) .

I do want to try all those RE7 tips but have had no such time to do so.

One thing that sucks is there's a long stretch where you don't have you're items in the game so a lot of items are missed because of not having the X Ray glasses.

I guess Waking Shows make you move faster.

I never use the block feature in the game so that could be part of my problem.

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 19:27 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Weskers Report wrote:

One thing that sucks is there's a long stretch where you don't have you're items in the game so a lot of items are missed because of not having the X Ray glasses.

I didn't use block much on my first playthrough. Once you get used to using it, you realize it is invaluable, especially with the defense scrolls.

Walking shoes make you walk faster, but sprint is the same. It is honestly the least useful unlockable.

The only parts you don't get the glasses for are the beginning (there is only one coin, hidden in the locked drawer you use the lockpick on in the VHS tape, and everything else isn't hard to find) and in the ship before you reach the item box (you can go back for anything you missed).

The Tyrant fight in the airplane in CV is brutal.

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2017 21:05 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Weskers Report wrote:
Thanks guys.

I think the most difficult games in the series to play is Zero (even on Normal Mode) and Code Veronica (which doesn't even have a difficulty setting) .

Code Veronica is actually the easiest one to me or, at least, the one that I'm the most familiar with. The Knife is a beast in that game!
Zero isn't that hard once you get used to it too.

- Chris Redfield

[ 29 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3