[ 9 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 1:46 
First day on the force...

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 2
PSN: nakonavi
I love all the classic Biohazard games and new ones too. I was wondering that is it possible to kill all enemies on normal difficulty with Chris while not using knife in Biohazard remake. Excluding bees, crows and snakes. I have done it with Jill and soon I will attempt it with Chris. In Jill's game it is easier to do because of grenade launcher.

Has anyone tried this? I think it could be possible in normal difficulty with Chris but seems impossible in hard difficulty. I don't wan to use knife for this run because for me it's all about resource management. I will attempt this run soon and I will update my post.

I remember trying to attempt this in Director's cut advance mode with Chris, it was brutal. Advance mode with Chris is the hardest playthrough for me in entire RE series.

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 9:11 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Biohazard Remaster
PSN: matiasw93
khasho wrote:
I love all the classic Biohazard games and new ones too. I was wondering that is it possible to kill all enemies on normal difficulty with Chris while not using knife in Biohazard remake. Excluding bees, crows and snakes. I have done it with Jill and soon I will attempt it with Chris. In Jill's game it is easier to do because of grenade launcher.

Has anyone tried this? I think it could be possible in normal difficulty with Chris but seems impossible in hard difficulty. I don't wan to use knife for this run because for me it's all about resource management. I will attempt this run soon and I will update my post.

I remember trying to attempt this in Director's cut advance mode with Chris, it was brutal. Advance mode with Chris is the hardest playthrough for me in entire RE series.

Well, Chris's Combat Knife is your best friend when it comes to resource management. I've done countless playthrough's on this game and I always kill every single enemy, I even defeat Lisa Trevor with CQC for fun.
The Combat Knife allows you to conserve ammo so you can save it for stronger enemies later, I always finish the game with plenty of ammo left as well. Try to at least kill most zombies with the Combat Knife, otherwise, if you try to kill every single one of them with ammo, things will get tough.
It is not impossible to achieve what you're trying to accomplish though, but killing every single enemy in the game using all the ammo you have? Hmm, like I said, it will be tough... Not to mention that you won't have enough querosene to incinerate all the zombie's corpses, unless you are lucky enough to get some well placed head shots with the Samurai Edge at least eight times out of ten (which is very unlikely). With that being said, you'll have to double waste ammo later in order to dispose of their Crimson Head state.
I'm not saying that you should exterminate every single enemy with the knife, but try to at least keep things balanced you know? Adapt your character to the situations, only use ammo when necessary or if you see that you have plenty of it to waste without worrying too much about it.
Hope this helped :smile:

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2017 18:40 

Status update:

So I am doing kill all run in normal difficulty, with only one condition, No Use of Combat Knife

Purpose is to test if there are enough resources to kill all enemies, except crows, snakes and lisa(not including final encounter)

I have reached Residence, about to face Neptune

This is the list of Ammo i currently have:

12 magnum rounds.
24 shotgun shells, i picked assault shotgun
12 handgun bullets
1 self defense gun bullet
3 kerosene use
0 Defense items.

I will post next update after revisiting mansion. I will kill Neptune using guns.

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2017 0:38 

I did it it. I killed every enemy in the game using the ammo i found (except crows, snakes and lisa encounters) I did defeated Lisa in final encounter which does not takes that much ammo. I did good ending.

Every enemy can be defeated with just the ammo, without using the combat knife. My strategy was as follows:

Secondary weapons:

These are the most important items to conserve ammo, what i did was on certain zombies i baited their grab attack and used grenades on them. Using grenade on zombies gave me one hit kill and no need of kerosene.

Using secondary knife also damages them , I bait their grab attack and use secondary knife and after that few handgun shots brings them down. Always use secondary knife first because you could land a critical hit and get your knife back.

Use secondary knife on Hunters too, using it on them blinds them and you can easily finish them off with 2 handgun bullets. keep distance from hunters and lure their jump attack to hit them with secondary knife.

Secondary weapon does not works on forest, I have tried it it does not work. My secondary weapon was set on automatic and when Forest grabbed me Chris did not used it.

Plan to use every secondary weapon, it will save you a lot of ammo.

Handgun:

This is the best weapon in the game. I saved handgun ammo for all the bosses in the game except for final tyrant fight and yawn second fight. I used it on Yawn first fight, plant 42, crimson head prototype and tyrant first fight. It has critical hit chance which i was lucky enough to land on few crimson heads.

Shotgun:

I used shotgun mostly on zombies and tyrant final fight. Shotgun is good for blowing of zombies heads but remember when you are trying blow off zombie head, turn off secondary weapon auto use because zombie could grab you. If one shotgun shot does not blows the head than move back and use handgun. Don't waste shotgun ammo. When you get shotgun early on use all of its ammo on zombies and don't worry you will get 6 shells in crimson head prototype boss fight. But if you used shotgun early on than you would have enough handgun bullets to take care of him. just shoot two bullets till his attack animation ends than shoot two bullets and run again.

Magnum:

Magnum is great against hunters and chimera. It one shots both enemies. Use it on them only. Shotgun can handle final tyrant fight (even the game wants you to use shotgun by placing shotgun shells before the fight). Now sometimes magnum does not one shots so if that happens use handgun to finish them off.

Self defense gun:

It has one bullet, what i did was that i used one bullet on Neptune and it did the job. It one shots Neptune.

Flamethrower:

Flamethrower is enough to kill black tiger, web spinner and hunter which spawns outside black tiger room. Remember when using flamethrower always tap button fast but don't press and hold.

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2017 5:21 

Is it really you? Can it be done? And do you have someone to play it?

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2017 6:55 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: Resident Evil 7
PSN: Goldsickle
I remember one method to conserve ammo is to "save" a critical hit and kill a Hunter with a single shot of the Handgun.
I saw someone doing it on his own elimination video but I am not sure how he anticipated the critical hit.

Whether he has his own calculation method, save-scumming or if the walkthrough was tool-assisted.

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2017 10:16 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Goldsickle wrote:
I remember one method to conserve ammo is to "save" a critical hit and kill a Hunter with a single shot of the Handgun.
I saw someone doing it on his own elimination video but I am not sure how he anticipated the critical hit.

Whether he has his own calculation method, save-scumming or if the walkthrough was tool-assisted.

There are certain zombies in the game where the chances of hitting a critical headshot are around 90%. One of those in the kitchen after you get the power back for the elevator and the very first zombie you encounter, but the rest of the zombies are kind of random.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2017 11:54 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: Resident Evil 7
PSN: Goldsickle
Captain Redfield wrote:
There are certain zombies in the game where the chances of hitting a critical headshot are around 90%. One of those in the kitchen after you get the power back for the elevator and the very first zombie you encounter, but the rest of the zombies are kind of random.

From what I heard, the way the game's Critical Hit works is different.

A Critical Hit may occur around the 16th to 20th shot.
The "counter" will only move if you hit an enemy, so you can't get to the Critical Hit by shooting at a wall.

So if you know that the Critical Hit will occur on the 17th shot, then you can save that and take it to a Hunter for a one-shot kill.

I can't seem to find that video anymore...

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2017 0:40 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Goldsickle wrote:
From what I heard, the way the game's Critical Hit works is different.

A Critical Hit may occur around the 16th to 20th shot.
The "counter" will only move if you hit an enemy, so you can't get to the Critical Hit by shooting at a wall.

So if you know that the Critical Hit will occur on the 17th shot, then you can save that and take it to a Hunter for a one-shot kill.

I can't seem to find that video anymore...

Really? I never noticed that before hahah :lol:
Pretty cool observation! Although, I remember getting a well placed headshot with my first ever bullet against the very first zombie, 100% sure about this.
They are probably random most of the time but those two zombies in particular tend to bite the dust more than the others.

- Chris Redfield

[ 9 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard