[ 878 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
PostPosted: Feb 06, 2018 16:40 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: RE: Revelations 2
My point is that some of it doesn't make any sense. I don't expect realism but internal consistency :lol:

Anyway

Point 1
Rebecca knew Umbrella was behind it, she knew they were experimenting on humans, she knew about Marcus and Spencer etc. so I still find it strange why she didn't tell anything to Chris in REmake, as they clearly made it alongside RE0. One could argue she had PTSD or was just too tired but has that actually been backed up by Capcom? Anyway, her silence is still strange to me

Point 2,3,4,5
These are intertwined but here's what I wanna say
Marvin said Chris, Jill and Barry are out of town but that didn't happen. Maybe Jill didn't tell anyone but the point stands that for some reason she stayed there when she was supposed to be in Europe with Chris and Barry. We do know CV was originally going to have Jill in it but that was changed because of RE2.

Also, this:
Question 6
What was Leon doing when Claire sent e-mail to him?
Answer 6
Leon is one of the members of anti-Umbrella group. When Claire sent e-mail to him, he was doing another anti-Umbrella task and he couldn't go help Claire. -This story is already complete but I can't tell you what kind of story yet.
Jill, Barry and Leon are member of anti-Umbrella group, but group that Jill in and others in is same or not is unknown.

Source:http://projectumbrella.net/forum/Gaiden-Canon-or-Not%3F

As for Chris and the booklet in CV
http://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Sony_Playstation_2/manual/Formated/Resident_Evil-_Code-_Veronica_X_-_2001_-_Capcom_Co.,_Ltd..pdf
It clearly says: After solving the "mansion incident", he transferred with his team members Jill and Barry to seek the truth
Then we later heard Barry relocated with his family to Canada after the Mansion Incident. Not mention on being in Europe with Chris and Jill. I dunno but this creates some confusion here :confused: I guess because they had to change CV

Point 6 mistakenly wrote it as 7 :lol:
Yes, it says it. Another funny fact here: Stage also claimed Rebecca has been on several BSAA missions, yet Vendetta said she retired from field work and stayed in medical side of things. She's even a professor in Chicago.

Point 7
It's possible he was estranged from his family but is there a file which explicitly states this? I need some solid proof.
In my personal opinion: Joe wasn't even originally planned but was later added to the story. A typical case of "pulling a story out of your ass" :razz:

Captain Redfield wrote:
We're on the same boat and you know how much I like consistency as well. They screwed up Chris and Jill pretty badly overall but what they did to Chris was way worse :lol:
Their reasoning for that decision was the high shit they smoked while developing the game.

As a writer, consistency is pretty damn important to me. No excuse for inconsistencies, just sloppiness.

Oh god, don't wanna imagine how Jill will look like in future games, if Chris already looks nothing like he did :lol: Let me guess, she's gonna be a ripped guy, with tattooed arms and a heavy chain smoker going by the name John Valentine now.

Oh GAWD. I Hope I DIDN'T GIVE CAPCOM ANY IDEAS
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

N7Valentine has received a thanks from: Redfield_Chris08

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2018 19:26 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Sonic Unleashed (360)
N7Valentine wrote:
One could argue she had PTSD or was just too tired but has that actually been backed up by Capcom? Anyway, her silence is still strange to me...It's possible he was estranged from his family but is there a file which explicitly states this? I need some solid proof.
In my personal opinion: Jack wasn't even originally planned but was later added to the story. A typical case of "pulling a story out of your ass" :razz:

Captain Redfield wrote:
We're on the same boat and you know how much I like consistency as well. They screwed up Chris and Jill pretty badly overall but what they did to Chris was way worse :lol:
Their reasoning for that decision was the high shit they smoked while developing the game.

As a writer, consistency is pretty damn important to me. No excuse for inconsistencies, just slopiness.

What you touch on here is something I've come across in several fandoms and that is what I and Anthony C from the MLP community call "the Headcanon Solution". It's when someone creates a headcanon to explain or fill in an inconsistency or plot hole in a story. When fans do this, they give an expectation that that is what legitimately happened in the story, even though nothing in the writing states as such and it is just something they made up.

It could be a good headcanon that could explain something, but in the end, it's still not something the writers actually wrote or addressed/supported themselves, so it really solves nothing and the plot hole is still a plot hole.

And consistency is extremely important for writing. How are the readers/the audience supposed to take the story and your writing seriously if you can't even keep the events of your own story straight? It's one of the biggest reasons the Anderson movies suck, because plot elements are introduced in one entry, then immediately forgotten or disregarded the very next movie.

P.S. You mistook Joe for Jack by the way.

An Herb Sandwich has received 2 thanks from: N7Valentine, Redfield_Chris08

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2018 6:20 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
What you touch on here is something I've come across in several fandoms and that is what I and Anthony C from the MLP community call "the Headcanon Solution". It's when someone creates a headcanon to explain or fill in an inconsistency or plot hole in a story. When fans do this, they give an expectation that that is what legitimately happened in the story, even though nothing in the writing states as such and it is just something they made up.

It could be a good headcanon that could explain something, but in the end, it's still not something the writers actually wrote or addressed/supported themselves, so it really solves nothing and the plot hole is still a plot hole.

And consistency is extremely important for writing. How are the readers/the audience supposed to take the story and your writing seriously if you can't even keep the events of your own story straight? It's one of the biggest reasons the Anderson movies suck, because plot elements are introduced in one entry, then immediately forgotten or disregarded the very next movie.

P.S. You mistook Joe for Jack by the way.

Precisely! That's why I have some problems when some fans take their headcanons as facts. For me, unless the writers don't back up any claims, it's still a plot hole. And you can even come up with the most logical answer as much as you want (and believe me, sometimes fans have better explanations than the writers themselves) but as long as the writers don't confirm anything or say it is canon, it simply isn't. Period!

Consistency is indeed very important. You'll create confusion if you constantly change/retcon the established lore. Sadly, as I previously said, many RE fans, outside of biohaze or any forum specifically dedicated to RE, DO NOT take RE's lore seriously in any regard. Most fans write them off as "Badly written on purpose", "Not meant to be taken seriously anyway", "It's badly written because Capcom doesn't know how to write". If I compare the RE fandom with the ME fandom, the ME fandom does take the lore of ME very serious, RE, on the other hand, not so much.

On top of that, Capcom often withholds valuable information from a global audience, releasing them in Japan only etc. Although, the series still has some plot holes despite all this. I know I'm very nitpicky about this but I've been doing that other games too. I'm okay with many things but sloppiness with the writing isn't one.

Edit: Corrected my post :lol:

Also fans and their headcannons

N7Valentine has received 2 thanks from: An Herb Sandwich, Redfield_Chris08

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2018 23:25 
First day on the force...
First day on the force...

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: MattAddisonRE
We can still pretend this game never existed :smile:

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 18:15 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Funny post from reddit! Thought I would share this here with you.
Your favorite Resident Evil and what it says about youImage
Apparently, I like 3D boobs :lol: :lol: :lol:

N7Valentine has received a thanks from: Redfield_Chris08

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 18:28 
Chief of Police, co-conspirator
Chief of Police, co-conspirator

Now playing: Resident Evil 6
I've checked out the lore during my absence and some of it doesn't really make any sense :confused: I guess Herb and N7 were onto something.

@N7 I like punching boulders. Makes sense :lol:

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 18:29 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I apparently love punching boulders too according to the list.

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2018 2:23 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
I apparently call the series BIOHAZARD.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"And around here, family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2018 11:59 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
If one character in the series HAD to come back to life/be revealed as never having died, who would you have it be?

I'd say Krauser.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"And around here, family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2018 19:40 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
If one character in the series HAD to come back to life/be revealed as never having died, who would you have it be?

I'd say Krauser.

I'm gonna go with the uncreative answer and say Steve. There's probably several ways to bring him back and they've been invented by everyone in the fandom by now. So Capcom could/should be able to come up with something. That and there's not a whole lot of Claire associated characters and I want to change that.

Also, happy Jill Valentine's day everyone!

[ 878 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next