Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 16:44 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Yeah.

Well, he did. He developed a t-virus, but not the t-virus. There really is no singular t-virus, there are multiple ones. And we're not just talking about mutations or varied strains. Here's a translation of Alexander's Memo, written before 1971.

Quote:
My father, Edward, and Lord Spencer, a fellow nobleman, cooperatively discovered the Progenitor virus and studied it for the purpose of military utilization. Eventually, research results were produced and a mutation of the original Progenitor virus was created, generally called T-Virus.

To cover up their research, the founders, my father, established the pharmaceutical company, Umbrella.

In order to support my father's secret research project, I, the son, specialized in genetic engineering. However, results became tangled midway through the project and my father died, also.

In my generation, we lagged behind the other researchers in the field of T-Virus study and the Ashford family name, established by our ancestor Veronica, was reduced to dirt. This is when Umbrella fell under the control of Spencer.

To compete with Spencer, it became necessary to advance the project as quickly as possible. I considered everything and decided to utilize the South Pole transport terminal, an abandoned site, by making a large-scale move of the most modern research equipment.

At the facility, I wish to build one of the rooms based on my private residence, which was designed by the late Trevor.

For confidentiality reasons, this top-secret project has been given a code name: Veronica, my beautiful ancestor, who established the Ashford family.

With suitable research results, she will be resurrected and her name will once again bring glory to the Ashford family.

Spencer and/or Ashford had already created a t-virus in the 1960s. How they did it is unknown, but it obviously wasn't by combining leech DNA with the Progenitor virus. This t-virus was studied extensively, but could not produce B.O.W.s immediately. Spencer initiated the t-Virus Project at the Arklay Laboratory. This t-virus only managed to create zombies in 1982 after having been developed much further by Birkin and Wesker.

Marcus completed his t-virus in 1978, and it was able to create zombies right from the beginning. Spencer acquires this t-virus in 1988 to advance his own project at the Arklay Laboratory.

The t-Veronica virus created by Alexia is also a t-virus, hence why it even has the "t" in the name.

I realize that this is very confusing and I still have to flesh it out a lot more. I think this is the basic idea though. The confusion stems from the fact that they have been pretty adamant about the t-virus being a singular virus. In actuality, it is many different viruses under the same name, with even more different mutations and strains all over the world.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 18:34 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Now playing: Minecraft ONE Edition
Outbreak ID: W3E71H
PSN: ResidentSidwell
XBL: ResidentSidwell
Very nice, like all the different strains of Influenza.

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 14:10 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Forget Revelations, we have our own series revelations right here. Great find.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 15:08 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
I discussed this with Paul and told him to destroy all evidence that suggests all of this, it's something I really didn't want getting out to the community. The political reprecussions of this will be dire.

Time to start making a few phone calls.

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 20:07 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: Resident Evil 6
Rut roh, someone made a mistake...

Although, I have to say I love it when NB finds these juicy little nuggets for us to contemplate. More often than not they are indeed revelations.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2011 8:10 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
I'm already setting in motion the wheels of erasure.

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2012 2:32 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Arise, thread.

We've confirmed the information.

In the late 1960s, Spencer, Ashford and Marcus begin the "t-Virus Project" in order to develop a weaponized variant of the Progenitor Virus-- a branch of viruses generally called "t-Virus".

In 1968, while he is researching the Progenitor Virus in an attempt to develop a weaponized variant, Edward Ashford is killed by Spencer.

In 1978, Albert Wesker reports the carelessness of Marcus's research management to Spencer, who also learns of Marcus's own t-Virus research. The Umbrella Research Center is shut down and Wesker and William Birkin are transferred to the Arklay Laboratory by Spencer, to lead his own t-Virus development. Knowing that Marcus's results would surpass his own, Spencer schemes to steal his research results by manipulating his passion for his research and desire to surpass Spencer.

The t-Virus used by Wesker and Birkin in Wesker's Report II is actually an inferior t-Virus created by combining the Progenitor Virus and the Ebola Virus.

t-Veronica was the Ashford family's contribution to the t-Virus Project. It is a t-Virus.

In 1988, Marcus completes his t-Virus and Spencer orders for it to be stolen. It is the most advanced t-Virus, and Birkin is announced as its creator. It becomes "the" t-Virus.

This is not just an end.

News Bot has received a thanks from: IkariWarriorKH
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2012 12:20 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Edward was killed by spencer now? All of the previous reports including Alexander's own memo's indicated he died during a failed experiment with their work on Progenitor due to Alexander's inferior knowledge of it all.

Does it say how Spencer had him killed?

In any event, the multiple T-virus' actually explain a lot more than confuse. Because for example T-Veronica was created by the introduction of Queen Ant DNA into the virus. Which if you now say Marcus' T-Virus was seperate, it explains a lot. Because his T-virus succeeded with the introduction of Leech DNA while Alexia's succeeded with the introduction of Queen Ant DNA.

And T-Abyss was created with the introduction of the Abyss virus into it, and RE6's looks like it is some kind of Spider DNA. So I wouldn't be surprised if RE6's virus was T-Whatever as well. They're all just variants of the same thing, just with a different control source creating varied effects and outcomes.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2012 15:16 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Yeah, Edward was officially assassinated by Spencer. It's actually been the case since CODE:Veronica, but no English material actually states it (surprise!). He was infected with the Progenitor Virus during an "accident" caused/staged by Spencer.

This is not just an end.

News Bot has received a thanks from: IkariWarriorKH
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 3:39 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Never knew that thanks to non-japanese scripts and all. Though with Alexander taking guilt over the accident, it must've been some pretty classy assasination.

Profile WWW
 [ 17 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2  Next