[ 35 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 14:07 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Which version watered your eyes the most when it was scrapped?

N64 RE 0 was basically an inferior version to what came out on the GameCube.

Res 1.5 seemed like it was going to be a little boring to be honest.

This however... really broke my heart.

Oh 3.5.... why? to this day....why...

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 14:12 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
You forgot 4.5, which had the killer looking U9 and U11 train boss battle. And the El Gigante horde holdout fight. And fully solo Wesker v. Chris fights with Jill having a longer role in helping Chris and Sheva. I wish elements of 4.5 had made it to the final cut, even though I still love the product that was released.

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 14:25 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
You forgot 4.5, which had the killer looking U9 and U11 train boss battle. And the El Gigante horde holdout fight. And fully solo Wesker v. Chris fights with Jill having a longer role in helping Chris and Sheva. I wish elements of 4.5 had made it to the final cut, even though I still love the product that was released.

We mainly just have concept art for 4.5 though right Herb?

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 14:28 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
They went into more detail about 4.5 in the artbook for 5, but yes it had concept art that showed the stuff I was talking about.

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 15:18 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
They went into more detail about 4.5 in the artbook for 5, but yes it had concept art that showed the stuff I was talking about.

Right, I have that artbook, its awesome! but yeah that's why I didn't bring up 4.5 as it was barely went off pre-production really, no in game work it seems save for a few Chris renders went into it.

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 15:26 
Chief of Police, co-conspirator
Chief of Police, co-conspirator

Now playing: My huge backlog
PSN: Spera01
XBL: Spera01
Between 3.5 and 4.5 for me. 3.5 sounded the most interesting to me. The supernatural elements introduced through being infected sounded absolutely terrifying and after getting a small glimpse of that element in RE7 with Eveline, I was left wanting more.

I really want to see what the zombie version of RE5 would have been like. I know in the scrapped version, Wesker ends up unleashing a tyrant that kills Excella. Would have loved to see that boss fight in the game!

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 17:38 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Now playing: Bloodborne
PSN: STARS_TyranT
XBL: STARS TyranT
The original Public Assembly looked pretty cool. Loads more enemies, wider environment and what appeared to be a sequence of Chris getting very badly beaten by a horde of Majini.

It's around the 2:20 mark of this trailer. You can see cool stuff like the Majini using a grappling hook to flip the bus over at 2:10.

phpBB [video]

[STARS]TyranT has received a thanks from: An Herb Sandwich
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 17:41 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

[STARS]TyranT wrote:
The original Public Assembly looked pretty cool. Loads more enemies, wider environment and what appeared to be a sequence of Chris getting very badly beaten by a horde of Majini.

I don't know why but Capcom's concept art ALWAYS ends up looking better than what ends up in the final product.

its fuckin frustrating. every time I look through their art books I just feel like...

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 18:30 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Now playing: Biohazard 0
PSN: matiasw93
I own the Art of Resident Evil 5 book and there's a lot of info about the previous version in there. There were some good ideas but the final product was fantastic as well.
I just wished that the solo Chris vs Wesker fights made it to the final game like Herb said but just disarm Sheva and you'll have fully solo fights :lol:
Plus, Sheva is always running away from Jill and Wesker when she is unarmed and I always managed to beat Albert in the 2v2 without Sheva being hit by Jill a single time. She never engages in combat and leaves all the work for us, she's just running around, which is a lot better for me.
I basically fight Wesker without Sheva doing anything other than running. Those are Chris' fights and Sheva shoudn't even be there but gladly we can always disarm her and problem solved!

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 18:47 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Captain Redfield wrote:
I own the Art of Resident Evil 5 book and there's a lot of info about the previous version in there. There were some good ideas but the final product was fantastic as well.
I just wished that the solo Chris vs Wesker fights made it to the final game like Herb said but just disarm Sheva and you'll have fully solo fights :lol:
Plus, Sheva is always running away from Jill and Wesker when she is unarmed and I always managed to beat Albert in the 2v2 without Sheva being hit by Jill a single time. She never engages in combat and leaves all the work for us, she's just running around, which is a lot better for me.
I basically fight Wesker without Sheva doing anything other than running. Those are Chris' fights and Sheva shoudn't even be there but gladly we can always disarm her and problem solved!

I never liked having a partner during gameplay.

in Res 4 I'd always dump Ashley in the garbage bin.

Did you ever play 5 with online co-op Cap?

[ 35 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next