Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Virus Adaption
PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 15:16 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Dead Space series
XBL: EvilResident777
Something I've wanted to discuss for awhile is the idea of "adapting" to the different viruses in the series.
For the sake of discussion, I have created three groups each type of adaption can fall under (feel free to question and challenge my assessment):

1. Natural Adaption: this would be the mutations shown in Progenitor humans and Albert Wesker.

2.Unnatural/Artificial Adaption: this would be becoming a super human by a process different than natural adaption (perhaps Alexia or a G-human).

3. Tyrant Adaption: a bit self explanatory, this could potentially include Tyrant-like mutations, like Ultimate Abyss or Monster Neil.

I have seen debates concerning how each of these relate and differ in method and origin, and wanted to discuss it in a dedicated thread.

I would also like to know where individuals such as Lisa Trevor and Mary Grey fit.
Natalia I would guess to be natural.

Note that much of this may be speculation.

EDIT: My classification has changed. The new one is on page 8.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

Post subject: Re: Virus Adaption
PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 17:34 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
I think out of the three you mentioned, Mary Grey definitely fit under Natural adaptation for most of the Stage until she injected herself with too much of the virus and mutated into a tyrant creature. Natalia would actually be more Artificial since she was placed in suspended animation like Alexia to get the powers she has. Sherry is also Artificial because of the G-virus mutation leftovers. Lisa Trevor is kinda hard to classify. For her it's probably either Artificial or Tyrant.

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 17:42 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
I think out of the three you mentioned, Mary Grey definitely fit under Natural adaptation for most of the Stage until she injected herself with too much of the virus and mutated into a tyrant creature. Natalia would actually be more Artificial since she was placed in suspended animation like Alexia to get the powers she has. Sherry is also Artificial because of the G-virus mutation leftovers. Lisa Trevor is kinda hard to classify. For her it's probably either Artificial or Tyrant.

Natalia adapted due to overcoming fear, true, but considering the glowing red eyes and superior strength, maybe Alex used the "Wesker Virus" in developing that aspect of t-phobos.
She was head of the project. Maybe she even made it?

Was Mary infected with standard t, or a variant for curing disease, like Dorothy Lester and Hilda Hildago?

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 17:52 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Mary was given the standard t-virus to cure her chronic illness and she adapted to it perfectly. Ryan Howard developed an injector bracelet that would administer the t-virus every few hours to keep her healthy. But the virus began to have bad effects on her mind and drove her to see humanity as flawed which sparked the events of the Stage. At the end she overloaded her bracelet to inject her with too much to handle while also apparently infecting herself with the new strain T-Howard.

As for Natalia, apparently t-phobos acts like the Prototype virus the Weskers were given. When an adapted individual dies it unlocks the red glowing eyes and superpowers maybe.

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 17:57 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
Mary was given the standard t-virus to cure her chronic illness and she adapted to it perfectly. Ryan Howard developed an injector bracelet that would administer the t-virus every few hours to keep her healthy. But the virus began to have bad effects on her mind and drove her to see humanity as flawed which sparked the events of the Stage. At the end she overloaded her bracelet to inject her with too much to handle while also apparently infecting herself with the new strain T-Howard.

It seems ridiculously convienient that they just stuck her with t in the hopes of saving her, and she just so happens to be one of the one in a billion people to be an adapter.

- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 18:03 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
An Herb Sandwich wrote:

It seems ridiculously convienient that they just stuck her with t in the hopes of saving her, and she just so happens to be one of the one in a billion people to be an adapter.

*Eh* Story reasons. I think Al Lester could also be considered a Natural adaptation due to how he stayed human shaped and got super strength and durability with only some fungus growing on him or out of him.

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2017 18:16 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
EvilResident wrote:
An Herb Sandwich wrote:

*Eh* Story reasons. I think Al Lester could also be considered a Natural adaptation due to how he stayed human shaped and got super strength and durability with only some fungus growing on him or out of him.

I considered Al. I think his reaction was unique.
For one thing, he was infected with a special strain designed to kill cancer cells without turning the host (it didn't work, but I will get to that).
The way he was infected was also unique. The virus may have mutated inside Dorothy.
The T virus also grows less infectious over time.

Maybe the virus' lethality had decreased due to a combination of these factors, letting it give him benign
mutations. It could have been temporary as well, as the patients recovered for a while before turning.

He didn't have the speed, reflexes, durability, and eyes of Wesker.

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
As for Natalia, apparently t-phobos acts like the Prototype virus the Weskers were given. When an adapted individual dies it unlocks the red glowing eyes and superpowers maybe.

Exactly my point.

- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2017 7:51 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
Lisa Trevor is kinda hard to classify. For her it's probably either Artificial or Tyrant.

While Lisa is very much unique, Tyrants came with the t-virus.
She could have had a biology similar to Sergei though, meaning she would be a tyrant had that virus been invented yet.

The way she gained immortality makes me wonder if she was partialy natural, with that strain she was infected with being a possible predessesor to the prototype/wesker virus, or merely a partial success at making progenitor less lethal. Had it been regular Progenitor, she would likely have gone the way of Edward Ashford or the Progenitor/Uroboros test subjects (by the way, Uroboros adapters would also be natural adapters. The snake eyes are a dead giveaway).

I also think Blobs are directly related to Lisa. Spencer was trying to create an immortality virus, and Lisa was as close as he got.

- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2017 8:31 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Jake has the potential to be a Natural adapter due to being related to Wesker, so there's that. A question I've had about t-phobos' adaptability is if it you adapt to it on just genetic immunity or if genetics don't factor at all and the conquering fear part is all that matters?

And as far as we've seen, there has never been a pure Uroboros adapter, since every potential adapter to it has already either been infected with a virus which could taint the resulting mutation or was likely at least to have been infected with another virus prior.

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2017 8:40 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
Jake has the potential to be a Natural adapter due to being related to Wesker, so there's that. A question I've had about t-phobos' adaptability is if it you adapt to it on just genetic immunity or if genetics don't factor at all and the conquering fear part is all that matters?

And as far as we've seen, there has been a pure Uroboros adapter, since every potential adapter to it has already either been infected with a virus which could taint the resulting mutation or was likely at least to have been infected with another virus prior.

Speaking of Jake, why did the C-virus have no effect on him?
If a virus loses it's ability to create super humans, do the antibodies just completely destroy the virus?

I dont know if t-phobos would grant powers to an adapter.
If activation of the virus without conquering fear causes it to mutate the host rapidly, maybe it would overwhelm them. Or maybe not.

- Franz Kafka

[ 195 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next