Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 12:26 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard: Revelations 2
PSN: matiasw93
The knife, probably everyone's last resort on any Resident Evil game, right? :lol:

This baby right here is actually pretty useful once you get to know how to use it properly.
Biggest quality? It is infinite! :mrgreen:
Now, I will give you some gameplay tips on how and when to use it.

RE Zero - The knife is a life saver here!

Knife vs Zombies - You can easily kill most of the zombies in the game with it, just approach them, trick them into thinking that they're about to grab you and then take a step back. By doing this, they will fail to grab you, leaving them vulnerable for you to attack, two knife slashes to the legs are enough to knock them down and then you can easily proceed with numerous stab strikes while they are in the ground. They will instantly get back on their feet so, watch out!
All you have to do is to repeat the process until it dies.

Knife vs Stinger - The Stinger is probably the easiest boss to kill using the blade. Just equip yourself with the Shotgun and then blow off its head carapace!
After this, equip your character with the knife and proceed to stab it in the area but always remember to take a step back after each strike as it will try to hit you if you get too close.
The creature will instantly die in under 2/3 minutes using this simple and non ammo consuming strategy.

It is advisable to avoid using the knife when facing enemies such as the Mimicry Marcus, Eliminators, Plague Crawlers and Hunters, as well as the Proto Tyrant, Infected Bat and Queen Leech bosses.

Resident Evil Remake - The knife is a blessing on this game :lol:

Knife vs Zombies - The knife is very effective against most zombies in this game.
You can use the very same trick from RE Zero here but the Remake zombies never fall to the ground after knife strikes to the legs so, you just need to trick it into grabbing you in order to leave it vulnerable, running around it and keep stabbing it until it falls and... Don't forget to use your lighter! :mrgreen:
We can also kill Crimson Heads using the knife but things can go bad instantly so... Only use it against them after practicing a little.

Knife vs Web Spinner - This is a simple one, running in circles to avoid its attacks and always stab it in the abdomen area, it will eventually die. Simple as that.

Knife vs Yawn - Would you believe me if I told you that it is totally possible to kill this giant snake using only a knife? No?
All you have to do is keeping yourself away from its mouth area and always stab it from behind and if it turns out quickly in your direction, you can easily get around it in the Library.
Quite easy, actually!

Knife vs Chimeras - Another enemy that can easily be disposed of by using our sharp friend!
I only tried this a couple of months ago and Chimeras are so easy to kill with the knife without taking any damage at all, so damn easy... I can't believe that I used to waste 2/3 shotgun shells on them :lol:
Just place your character in front of the Chimera and wait for them to lunge at you, when they do this you can easily get around them and proceed with 3 knife stabs before they decide to attack you again, you can either place your character to their left/right side or behind them. Just repeat the process and they will be dropping like flies (no pun intended) :mrgreen:

Knife vs Tyrant - The Tyrant fight in the lab is actually quite easy using the knife and will save you some ammo for the final battle. Just keep running around in circles and always attack it from behind, it will eventually be defeated.
I have this one on video though:
phpBB [video]

Now, I did managed to kill quite a few Cerberus with the knife without taking any damage but the unpredictability of them can backfire at us, thus resulting in the character taking damage. You can try, but things can get out of hand sometimes, I don't recommend it.
I never tried to kill a Hunter using the knife only so, using a shotgun is always our best option when facing these things :lol:
What I usually do is knocking them down with the shotgun and then stabbing them until they die, quite an effective strategy I must say.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 - Not much to say here,. From my own experience, the knife is extremely weak on these games and should only be used as a last resort. Best case scenario, only use it against zombies once you get comfortable with it, otherwise... Don't go all Rambo style facing other enemies with it.

Resident Evil Code Veronica - The first game in the series where the knife was actually worth more than a handgun bullet!

Knife vs Zombies - Zombies can easily, easily, easily be defeated using the sacred blade here :razz:
Take a step back-> stab them in the legs-> they get knocked down -> keep stabbing them. Simple as that, if they get back on their feet just repeat the whole process.
One simple knife strike includes multiple slashes so, the knife is pretty powerful on this game as you can see.

Knife vs Cerberus - The dogs on this game can easily get knocked down with a single handgun bullet . After doing this, equip your character with the knife and stab them until they die, they will never get up once you're on top of them.
This makes these creatures easy targets to kill with the knife.

Knife vs Bandersnatch - These armless things acting like tough guys are easy peasy if you have a knife around :lol:
The strategy is pretty simple, just place your character near their armless side and then stab them, they will eventually be killed in a matter of seconds. The Battle Game with Albert is perfect for training this!

Knife vs Hunters - Hunters are easier to kill with the knife this time around! They can be knocked down with a single Shotgun shell and then proceed with the knife, they will die instantly. Such a simple yet effective strategy, they won't even have the time to react once they are knocked down but... You have to be quick to get near them!

Avoid facing bosses with the knife here, it is not worth it! You can kill everything with the knife on this game precisely to save up some ammo for the boss battles.

Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2 - From my own experience, it's only advisable to use it with David after knocking down zombies by throwing a wrench at them.

Resident Evil 4 - The knife is worth a lot here! We can easily use it this time around without worrying too much about strategy.

Knife vs Ganados - Simple, just trick them into thinking that they're about to grab you, take a step back and then slash them in the face, allowing you to perform a physical attack to knock them down. If they are armed, the strategy remains the same, always take a step back and wait for the right opportunity to strike!

Knife vs Regenerator - Equip Leon with the shotgun and then shoot them in the leg! Once knocked down, get close to them and never stop slashing until they eventually die.
This strategy is quite effective and don't worry, while you're slashing them there's no way for them to get back on their feet :wink:

Knife vs Krauser - The knife is Krauser's Kryptonite here, don't waste a single bullet against him. Just watch out for the QTE's, wait for the right opportunity and then strike at him, he'll be down before you know it!

I avoid using the knife against other enemies in the game such as Novistadors, Colmillos, Garradors and JJ.

Resident Evil Revelations - Not much to say here. From my own experience, you can defeat Oozes with the knife and simply dodge their attacks over and over again but keep in mind that they are resilient enemies.
The easiest enemies to defeat with the knife are actually the Fenrir B.O.W's, Chris and Keith are capable of defeating them without wasting a single bullet and they aren't that resilient as the other B.O.W's in the game.

Resident Evil 5 - The knife comes in handy in a variety of situations here.

Knife vs Majinis - Place Chris in front of the Majinis and then take a step back or to the sides so you can avoid their attacks and then proceed with a slash at the right time in order to impose your dominant position over them, leaving Majinis vulnerable to physical attacks. Quite simple, similar to RE4, we just have more CQC variety this time around.
If the Majinis are armed with spears, stun rods or AK-47's, just analyze the situation yourself and decide when to strike, totally possible to defeat these types of Majinis using the blade only.

Knife vs Popokarimu - Equip yourself with a Grenade Launcher loaded with Flash Grenades and fire them in its direction. The creature will be knocked down, leaving it vulnerable to a variety of attacks, keep slashing its weak point until it dies. You have to repeat the process numerous times, obviously.

Knife vs Lickers - This one is pretty simple! If you have only 1/2 Lickers left, stop wasting bullets. Place yourself in front of these blind a**holes and wait for them to jump at you :lol: Keep in mind that they will lunge their toungue at Chris but you can avoid this by using the strafe mechanic, moving from side to side.
Eventually, they will jump at you and then Chris will counter attack with an uppercut, knocking them back, leaving their heart exposed. Get close to them and perform the heart stab, killing them instantly.

Knife vs Gatling Gun Majini - This requires some time and effort but you can easily kill this big guy only using CQC skills!
If you place yourself right in front of him he will always try to hit you with the weapon instead of firing at you, using the Gatling Gun as a melee weapon.
You're in front of him-> He tries to hit you-> You take a step back-> He's vulnerable for a few seconds after the attack attempt-> You take a step forward and then slash him one time only. After a few slashes you will manage to stun him and perform either the Haymaker or the Spinning Back Fist, after taking the punch he will get back on his feet, so watch out!
Just repeat the whole process until the big guy is down.

Knife vs Bui Kichwa - Anyone can kill these using the knife, although, they are quite resilient considering their size :shock:

It is almost impossible to hit Albert with the knife, it is actually easier to just defeat him with Chris' bare hands. Avoid using the knife when facing enemies such as the Chainsaw Majini, Adjule, Duvalia, U-8, Reapers and Uroboros, not worth it.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - The knife is so easy to use on this game that tips aren't probably required but here it goes anyway!

Knife vs Afflicted/Rotten - The free dodging mechanic made the knife a much easier weapon to handle. Just avoid their attacks and keep slashing them until they are dead.
The Afflicted and Rotten can also be killed using stealth attacks.

Knife vs Ironhead - Repeat the process above and they can also be killed through the means of stealth attacks.

Knife vs Orthrus - Again, keep dodging and slash them until they are dead. Plus, it is advisable to really approach these creatures and finish them off using the knife, their dodging abilities can make you waste some ammo... Making it easier to kill them with the knife.

Knife vs Revenants - Use the knife when stealth attacking them only or when their weak spot is exposed. Otherwise, their unpredictability can screw you up.

I don't recommend facing other enemies with the knife on this game.

Resident Evil 6 - Only two characters can use knives on this game, Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy.

Knife vs J'avos and their most basic mutations - Chris Redfield can perform a variety of combos with the knife here, making the knife more powerful than ever before. You can easily dispose of basic enemies using Chris' skills without too much effort and strategy, plain and simple.
Chris can also use the stab as a counter attack.

Knife vs Napads - Just keep running around them and stab at the right time. Keep repeating this until they die, Napads aren't that difficult to kill with the knife.

Knife vs HAOS - Just approach HAOS at the right time and stab it in the left/right weak spots until they explode and it encases itself in a cocoon. Just repeat this process numerous times, easy and effective.
Chris can also use the knife in a special animation stab after you explode HAOS's cocoon.

Knife vs Zombies and dogs - Leon can easily kill zombies and dogs with the blade, just keep an eye on their attacks and strike at the right timing. Both of these enemies are actually quite fragile.

Avoid facing Strelats, Bloodshots, Whoppers and the majority of Chris' and Leon's bosses (Illuzija, Simmons, Ogroman, Deborah) with the knife.

And that's all I have people! Hope you can appreciate our useful sharp friend in the series a little bit more after reading this! :smile:

- Chris Redfield

Captain Redfield has received 4 thanks from: Albert Scottfield, pink herb, Redfield_Chris08, Weskers Report

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 12:49 
James Sunderland
Biohaze Supporter

H-O-L-Y shiite!

Amazing read.

Such detail buddy, reminds me of the fight breakdowns you do.

Only from you man, loved it!

Weskers Report has received a thanks from: Captain Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 13:13 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
I find a lot of use for the knife in REmake more than any other title. :biggrin: It's really powerful, especially against living things!

phpBB [video]

pink herb has received a thanks from: Captain Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 13:32 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Weskers Report wrote:
H-O-L-Y shiite!

Amazing read.

Such detail buddy, reminds me of the fight breakdowns you do.

Only from you man, loved it!

Thank you buddy! :smile:
I knew you would appreciate this as usual.

pink herb wrote:
I find a lot of use for the knife in REmake more than any other title. :biggrin: It's really powerful, especially against living things!

phpBB [video]

Same here pink herb, the knife can kill almost everything on this game and definitely my favorite game to use it. Indeed, really powerful! :lol:

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 16:39 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Now playing: Biohazard 5
PSN: Sundowner_Sunder
XBL: SundownerSunder
Great post! if there's one good thing I can say about RE6, is that using the knife as Chris is really fun. People usually say it's not very useful but it depends, that thing saved my life during the final boss fight. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I always, literally always end up using the knife because I have no choice. By the time I'm in the final bit of the fight I always end up completely empty, no ammo not even for the handgun. But the knife is really all you need, besides ordering Piers around so he attacks at the right time.

Albert Scottfield has received a thanks from: Captain Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 18:21 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Albert Scottfield wrote:
Great post! if there's one good thing I can say about RE6, is that using the knife as Chris is really fun. People usually say it's not very useful but it depends, that thing saved my life during the final boss fight. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I always, literally always end up using the knife because I have no choice. By the time I'm in the final bit of the fight I always end up completely empty, no ammo not even for the handgun. But the knife is really all you need, besides ordering Piers around so he attacks at the right time.

Thanks! :smile:
RE6 was a fun experience overall and yeah, Chris' knife expert abilities were some of the best CQC things in the game.
I know, right? I always run out of ammo during that last chapter too but I'm glad that the Combat Knife is useful against HAOS.
Chris' Combat Knife is actually a pretty good looking blade to me:

- Chris Redfield

Captain Redfield has received a thanks from: Albert Scottfield

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 18:42 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
Great posts Cap!

I like how in NaH you can flip the knife around in your hand for different kinds of attacks.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2017 19:15 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
Great posts Cap!

I like how in NaH you can flip the knife around in your hand for different kinds of attacks.

Thanks buddy! :smile:
Yeah, I thought that was a cool feature as well. Let's just hope that the knife is actually a powerful weapon.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2017 12:18 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Here are a couple of videos of me killing a Chimera and Licker using the knife! I'll try to upload more videos later.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

- Chris Redfield

Captain Redfield has received a thanks from: Weskers Report

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2017 20:59 
James Sunderland
Biohaze Supporter

Captain Redfield wrote:
Here are a couple of videos of me killing a Chimera and Licker using the knife! I'll try to upload more videos later.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Mad fuckin skillz on both buddy!

You only got hit once by the Chimera.

The Licker I’ve done that before I think where I shot them or something and they ended up on their back, not straight up CQC like that!

Were these in hard mode?

Weskers Report has received a thanks from: Captain Redfield
 [ 56 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » General Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next