[ 43 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 12:31 
Offline
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head
User avatar

Joined: Feb 13, 2011
Location: Last seen in Delaware
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Persona 4 golden/Destiny
PSN: RE1Greatest
First i think it is fair to state that REmake #1 is about 10 years old(if not older). So the only question is. Why isn't there a new Remake?

Second, the gamecube versions and PSone versions work on presant consoles(my knowledge of the right of Sony and Nintendo wearther there is or ever will be the classics on Xbox Arcade is unknown), so why are we asking for one? We have a REmake RE2,3,4 for the wii, and RE1-6 and ORC on the PS3 so why do we want another?
Simple satisfaction. People has been wondering about a RE2make for a long time but it is still an oblivious idea to Capcom, so if there ever was a RE2make then we would be pleased that they continued with the remake, not leaving the idea dead.

Third, it take a lot of work to even make a 'person' in a video game stand realistically. Make you run around then slow to a walk it mode codes then you can imagine.

Fourth, the Wii is near dead. They would have to make a RE2make for the PS3 and 360 which would have a lot better graphics then the Wii, thus would take more work to make.


Fifth, RE4 created a new view point, RE5 introduced new melee attacks and more tactical combat, RE ORC now has a better knife and moving-while-shooting, and RE6 looks to have diving more melee options and larger scales. They would have so many ideas on how to put together a RE2make

Sixth REmake #1 only sold 1.35 million which seems like large number but RE5 sold over 5 million.

Seventh, isn't there a functional Raccoon City in ORC? Yes but it is unknown whether there is a full RPD station in ORC

Eight, RE Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles have new RPD stations in them but they lack 'pleasing' graphics considering RE5's graphic landscapes

Over all there is a lot of work for a RE2make and if they announced they were going to start working on RE2make it could take more than 3 years, and it could come out with everything we would hate and turn out like RE5, or it could only sell 50,000 copies (like Rayman Origins which was rated 9.5 in Gameinformer). There are a lot of things that could go wrong, so we should just wait

_________________
PRAISE THE SUN!
Image


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 12:50 
Offline
The Dragon
Chat Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mar 2, 2009
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
Possible Answers for your question:

I believe there will never be a Resident Evil 2 Remake as well as 3 simply because they weren't actually classics such as the first one. By the time RE 2 and 3 got going, the developers probably wanted to spend the time expanding on the series rather than going back. I think the fans craved more storyline and not just eye-appealing graphics (which essentially, all a remake is.)

The WII was never as popular as the PS3 or XBOX360, it was pretty much the gamecube compared to the PS2 and XBOX- Creating RE:UC and RE:DC was just an attempt at clever marketing. "Hey, maybe we will sell more WII's if we make the fans believe we will give them more ___ in the future! I think the price of the WII dropped around the time Darkside Chronicles came out. (But I may be wrong). Same thing with the 3DS- they sold Mercenaries 3D with the promise of more Resident Evil to be released (Revelations).

Honestly, I would love to see a Remake of 2, but would I buy it? No. Been there done that. I want new stories. I want to see my heroes in action facing new threats and showing more personality. Making scenes in DC and UC was a nod to the past, yeah- but this generation of gaming demands more originality and "newness" rather than the clutter that 2 and 3 would possess.

_________________
The Lesbian and Jill Fanatic
Image


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 12:54 
Offline
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner
User avatar

Joined: Nov 3, 2005
Location: New York
Favorite title: Biohazard
It would be the one time I think we'd see what 1080p pre-rendered backgrounds would look like, hence I'm all for it. I would like for it to be Rebirth's gameplay engine with a few tweaks such as OBF2's side step and such.



Yama has received a thanks from: Dragon4
Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 12:59 
Offline
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 27, 2006
Location: Santiago, Chile
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V
A few points I disagree with you Robyn:

RE2, if anything, is more classic than the original (which has more of a cult status among fans).

The Gamecube was a lot more powerful than the PS2 and XBOX, but wasn't quite as popular. This gen is the opposite, the Wii is the inferior in terms of power but is really popular. I'd say, at the beginning the Wii had more attention, at least from the general audience because of its novelty. Nowadays its seems like all 3 of them have equal popularity.

The Chronicles games were made to test waters in terms of genre more than anything. The on-rails gameplay was a given due to the type of controls and their popularity at the time. According to Capcom/Nintendo, RE + Wii controls = lots of money.

Said this, I don't think there really are plans for a remake of 2 or 3. And it's not needed IMO (though I wouldn't be against it unless they turned them into straight action games). Those titles are fine as is. The original game received the remake treatment simply because a lot of ideas didn't make it to the final version, and that was something Mikami wanted to remedy. RE2 and RE3? Not so much.

_________________
Image



Mr. Rod has received a thanks from: Robyn
Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 13:10 
Offline
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner
User avatar

Joined: Nov 3, 2005
Location: New York
Favorite title: Biohazard
Mr. Rod wrote:
Said this, I don't think there really are plans for a remake of 2 or 3.

And most of this is because the clouded minds over at Cappy actually believe that is what ORC is doing for us, haha.



Yama has received 2 thanks from: Mr. Rod, Robyn
Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 13:14 
Offline
The Dragon
Chat Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mar 2, 2009
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
Mr. Rod wrote:
A few points I disagree with you Robyn:
RE2, if anything, is more classic than the original (which has more of a cult status among fans)

I never really saw it like that. If Resident Evil 3 didn't take place in the same city and the same timeline, I would completely agree. I sort of just group them together with the "You can never beat the first one!" kind of mentality. :P

And as far as the Gamecube- Didn't RE:4 sell more on the PS3 after it was ported than with the Gamecube's sales? But at least we agree there won't be any RE:2/3 Remake. :lol: :lol:

Another edit, but Yama beat me to it! I also think that Capcom made UC and DC in lieu of the Remakes themselves.

And thumbs up to Rod for knowing my name! And spelling it right. :P

_________________
The Lesbian and Jill Fanatic
Image


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 13:17 
Offline
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner
User avatar

Joined: Nov 3, 2005
Location: New York
Favorite title: Biohazard
If there was any and it loosely followed the games progression system, I'd say merge Biohazard 2 and 3 into a single title considering the timeline. Would at least make the game fresh.



Yama has received a thanks from: Dragon4
Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 14:43 
Offline
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
User avatar

Joined: Mar 13, 2007
Location: $acramento, CA
Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Rotting Aftermath
Outbreak ID: Ss4gog
PSN: Jordan_Ss4
XBL: Ss4gogeta0
I like that Idea... Bio 2 and 3 as the same game... Updated Mechanics, Secerets to find and unlock, Side stories with other characters....

_________________
Mark B. wrote:
Anything I learned about the world when I was a kid, I learned through the Carmen Sandiego series. She stole things in the US, she stole things around the world. Hell, she even built a time machine and stole things from the past. That right there, is dedication to the craft. She was an evil criminal mastermind, one of the greatest thieves ever, and she was totally dedicated to teaching you about the world and stuff. Carmen’s like some sort of highly educated, highly capable female Riddler, where instead of leaving you weird puzzles about doors not being doors, she leaves you notes telling you she’s going to be hanging out in Stalin’s birthplace.

Image

Image


Back to top
 Profile WWW YIM

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 15:24 
Offline
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2012
Location: North Cyprus
Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Asura's Wrath
PSN: sevket
XBL: SevketErhat
Mr. Rod wrote:
The original game received the remake treatment simply because a lot of ideas didn't make it to the final version, and that was something Mikami wanted to remedy. RE2 and RE3? Not so much.


Are you serious ? What about RE 1.5 ?


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 17:03 
Offline
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head
User avatar

Joined: Mar 28, 2011
Location: Flint, Michigan
Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: MGS V: Ground Zeroes
PSN: Klokateer1986
SevketErhat wrote:
Mr. Rod wrote:
The original game received the remake treatment simply because a lot of ideas didn't make it to the final version, and that was something Mikami wanted to remedy. RE2 and RE3? Not so much.


Are you serious ? What about RE 1.5 ?

What about it? That game was scrapped for a reason... as interesting as it is, it apparently wasn't worthy enough to see the light of day. The pieces of 1.5 that worked, made it into the final game.

1.5 wasn't shelved because original ideas weren't possible on the hardware, it was shelved because they felt it wasn't of high enough quality for a sequel.

The reason sections were ommited from the original Resident Evil (later included in remake) were due to the limited capabilities of the PS1 hardware.



A Nightmare's Requiem has received a thanks from: Mr. Rod
Back to top
 Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Share on Facebook Twitter
 [ 43 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Search for:
Jump to:  


Biohaze.com
Powered by
phpBB © 2000-2014