[ 18 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 3:34 
Online
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Knuckles wrote:
If you're going to say Revelations is an offshoot then you better put Code: Veronica in that same category, that's all I'm saying. Both main series titles without a number, both important.

And you can't say 'not necessary to play', because in that sense you could just say RE1-Code:Veronica are ALL 'not necessary', as far as RE4 is concerned.

Code Veronica adds immense amount of direct story detail to the overall series plot. Revelations does not. Code Veronica focusing on the Ashford's is no different than RE2 focusing on the Birkin's. Both games still have direct continuations of major character storylines and add a wealth of main story relevant detail to the series.

Revelations for the most part can 'not' have happened and it wouldn't affect a single thing in any of the other games.

As of RE5 we already know Chris and Jill helped found the BSAA. Seeing a random mission of theirs that doesn't really add anything of significance to the overarching plot, nor does it directly continue any major characters story (Chris & Jill as have been mentioned before, are in the game to sell it. They could have been replaced by any random agent and the game would have played out the same).

RE4, despite it's complete 'side story' plotline, does provide relevant and significant information to the main series. It furthers the storyline of Leon, Ada and Wesker. It also is the first game to mention the downfall of Umbrella. And Degeneration and RE6 directly follow-up on events from RE4.
And this is coming from a guy who hates RE4 in terms of it's storyline regarding the series.

Revelations is the definition of a 'side-story'. Code Veronica is not. RE4 would be if it was a random new guy and didn't hold significant details even if they are minor, to the overarching plot.

mugenkb1 wrote:
I too, do not see Revelations as entirely canon. I don't know the exact reason why...it could be that Jill wasn't even Jill. Didn't act or sound or look like her, seemed like a new character. Or that it was on a handheld. Or that the final boss was so far fetched and "mystical" that it seemed to have nothing to do with BOWs. Revelations was neither survival horror or action horror. The "puzzles" in the game were a joke..actually where wasn't even any puzzles. It just seemed to dwell in the middle, really wasn't that exciting to me. I mean, either do survival horror all the way, or go action horror, not some mundane hybrid.

You not liking the game doesn't negate it's canon entry into the series. Jill was Jill. Whether you liked the new face and voice of her is up to you, but, she didn't do anything out of character. There have been far more far fetched bosses in the series than Revelations. And the game being survival horror or not or having crappy puzzles holds no barring over whether it's considered canon or not.

_________________
"This planet is mine, and now you will die!"
Image



IkariWarriorKH has received a thanks from: Yama
Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 9:19 
Offline
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head
User avatar

Joined: Feb 13, 2011
Location: Last seen in Delaware
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Persona 4 golden/Destiny
PSN: RE1Greatest
Knuckles wrote:
kind of bothers me that they're calling Revelations an 'offshoot' title.

RE CVX is a spin off

I hope there talking about a PS Vita game, the PS3 360 and the 3ds all have two games (classics and the revivals not counted), the gamecube has 5, the Vita has none... :(

_________________
PRAISE THE SUN!
Image


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 9:38 
Online
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 27, 2006
Location: Santiago, Chile
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V
mugenkb1 wrote:
I too, do not see Revelations as entirely canon. I don't know the exact reason why...it could be that Jill wasn't even Jill. Didn't act or sound or look like her, seemed like a new character. Or that it was on a handheld. Or that the final boss was so far fetched and "mystical" that it seemed to have nothing to do with BOWs. Revelations was neither survival horror or action horror. The "puzzles" in the game were a joke..actually where wasn't even any puzzles. It just seemed to dwell in the middle, really wasn't that exciting to me. I mean, either do survival horror all the way, or go action horror, not some mundane hybrid.

Revelations is entirely canon, and by the looks of it it will be connected with RE6. You're confusing the terms main entry and side-story, both can be canon. Spin off is usaully an entirely different formula with a separate story but it's not related or contradicts the main series' events (ORC).

Dragon4 wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
kind of bothers me that they're calling Revelations an 'offshoot' title.

RE CVX is a spin off

Uh no. Code Veronica is a main game, following directly the events of RE2. Having a number or not doesn't matter.

Spin-off = different formula that involves different gameplay and in this series, a parallel universe in terms of story. Gaiden and ORC are spin offs.

_________________
Image


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 12:04 
Offline
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking
User avatar

Joined: Oct 29, 2011
Favorite title: Biohazard 5
IkariWarriorKH wrote:

You not liking the game doesn't negate it's canon entry into the series. Jill was Jill. Whether you liked the new face and voice of her is up to you, but, she didn't do anything out of character. There have been far more far fetched bosses in the series than Revelations. And the game being survival horror or not or having crappy puzzles holds no barring over whether it's considered canon or not.


I didn't exactly say I didn't like it, it just felt somewhat "lacking" to be an entry in the canonicity (is that even a word?) of the entire series. I mean, I don't disagree that the intent was to make it canon, but the series can live without it (unless RE6 ties it in somehow). As for Jill, she just wasn't memorable. I mean, for previous titles, she always done something that stood out or memorable, not just point out the obvious like in Revelations. And for the final boss, *spoilers* I can't think of one previous RE boss that can teleport, and make duplicates of itself. Well, maybe except from Wesker, but he looked cool doing it, so I can live with that. But like bosses like Alexia, that makes sense because it was from ants, Saddler, okay..he looked like a giant spider, but still, he didn't teleport. Same as for the other RE bosses. Point is, those bosses (however farfetched they may seem) still seem to be biologically related somehow thru grotesque mutations. I mean, what kind of fish in the ocean can teleport AND make holograms of itself?


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 13:03 
Offline
Wishmaster
Mikami's Head
User avatar

Joined: Aug 12, 2008
Location: New York City
Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: kof XIII, VF5FS, DR2:Case West
PSN: DJ_Clarknova
XBL: JackoRCB
I honestly looked at Revelations as side-story to flesh out more on the formation of BSAA and the mysterious Organization. It can be viewed as "Biohazard filler", akin to anime filler, but with a lot more relevance to the plot.

I hope that they announce a title for the Vita. At this point I'm past the whole "Bring back Rebecca, Barry, Billy, etc" tidbit. I don't see any reason Rebecca would continue the fight Bio-terrorism, Billy was a one-shot character whose plot is done and over with, and Barry's probably the only guy who could be brought back, but he's MIA in the BH world. I'm not sure about introducing a game with a bunch of new characters at this point (Revelations did that plentifully), but we'll see what Cashcom comes up with.

_________________
4/ / Itchy. Tasty.
ImageImageImage


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 18:22 
Online
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
mugenkb1 wrote:

I didn't exactly say I didn't like it, it just felt somewhat "lacking" to be an entry in the canonicity (is that even a word?) of the entire series. I mean, I don't disagree that the intent was to make it canon, but the series can live without it (unless RE6 ties it in somehow). As for Jill, she just wasn't memorable. I mean, for previous titles, she always done something that stood out or memorable, not just point out the obvious like in Revelations. And for the final boss, *spoilers* I can't think of one previous RE boss that can teleport, and make duplicates of itself. Well, maybe except from Wesker, but he looked cool doing it, so I can live with that. But like bosses like Alexia, that makes sense because it was from ants, Saddler, okay..he looked like a giant spider, but still, he didn't teleport. Same as for the other RE bosses. Point is, those bosses (however farfetched they may seem) still seem to be biologically related somehow thru grotesque mutations. I mean, what kind of fish in the ocean can teleport AND make holograms of itself?


You stated you don't believe the game is canon and then followed that by listing reasons why you dislike the game as your explanation. Jill not doing anything releveant does not make her 'not' Jill. As I mentioned, Chris does absolutely nothing relevant either. Chris and Jill could easily be replaced with two new chars and it wouldn't change anything or hurt the story. Yeah, it sucks, but, it doesn't affect whether the game is canon or not, and certainly doesn't make Chris and Jill 'not' Chris and Jill because they didn't do anything major.

As far as the last boss goes, you say the final boss is stupid because it can teleport and state it's unbelievable but admit Wesker can do it but then go on to state at least wesker looks cool doing it as a validation.

Birkin turns into a huge ass literal 'blob' with tentacles that pulls itself across the floor. Nemesis turns into a giant digestive organ. Marcus is actually a bunch of leeches that mushed together to create a perfect human copy of him. Morpheus gets a sex change during his transformation. Do I need to keep going?

If 'teleporting Tyrant like monster' is your limit for believability, I'm not sure how you handled the above mentioned. As far as it's 'clone creating' abilities go. All it was was a purple gas it secreted that distorted your vision to see multiple copies of it. Sorta like a refractor or more accurately, hallucinations. There was only one of him and the 'clones' couldn't hurt you because they weren't real. So at worst, he teleported. And his teleport worked by having a pearl like thing on him shine bright and create a huge flash in the room each time. Which can be argued as yet another distortion technique and not an actual literal teleport.

In any event, if you have issues with the game, that's totally fine. You're entitled to your opinion and I don't know many people here who think the game is perfect to begin with. But, regardless of any of that, the game is canon and no amount of personal opinion will alter that.

_________________
"This planet is mine, and now you will die!"
Image


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 22:25 
Offline
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking
User avatar

Joined: Oct 29, 2011
Favorite title: Biohazard 5
IkariWarriorKH wrote:
mugenkb1 wrote:

I didn't exactly say I didn't like it, it just felt somewhat "lacking" to be an entry in the canonicity (is that even a word?) of the entire series. I mean, I don't disagree that the intent was to make it canon, but the series can live without it (unless RE6 ties it in somehow). As for Jill, she just wasn't memorable. I mean, for previous titles, she always done something that stood out or memorable, not just point out the obvious like in Revelations. And for the final boss, *spoilers* I can't think of one previous RE boss that can teleport, and make duplicates of itself. Well, maybe except from Wesker, but he looked cool doing it, so I can live with that. But like bosses like Alexia, that makes sense because it was from ants, Saddler, okay..he looked like a giant spider, but still, he didn't teleport. Same as for the other RE bosses. Point is, those bosses (however farfetched they may seem) still seem to be biologically related somehow thru grotesque mutations. I mean, what kind of fish in the ocean can teleport AND make holograms of itself?


You stated you don't believe the game is canon and then followed that by listing reasons why you dislike the game as your explanation. Jill not doing anything releveant does not make her 'not' Jill. As I mentioned, Chris does absolutely nothing relevant either. Chris and Jill could easily be replaced with two new chars and it wouldn't change anything or hurt the story. Yeah, it sucks, but, it doesn't affect whether the game is canon or not, and certainly doesn't make Chris and Jill 'not' Chris and Jill because they didn't do anything major.

As far as the last boss goes, you say the final boss is stupid because it can teleport and state it's unbelievable but admit Wesker can do it but then go on to state at least wesker looks cool doing it as a validation.

Birkin turns into a huge ass literal 'blob' with tentacles that pulls itself across the floor. Nemesis turns into a giant digestive organ. Marcus is actually a bunch of leeches that mushed together to create a perfect human copy of him. Morpheus gets a sex change during his transformation. Do I need to keep going?

If 'teleporting Tyrant like monster' is your limit for believability, I'm not sure how you handled the above mentioned. As far as it's 'clone creating' abilities go. All it was was a purple gas it secreted that distorted your vision to see multiple copies of it. Sorta like a refractor or more accurately, hallucinations. There was only one of him and the 'clones' couldn't hurt you because they weren't real. So at worst, he teleported. And his teleport worked by having a pearl like thing on him shine bright and create a huge flash in the room each time. Which can be argued as yet another distortion technique and not an actual literal teleport.

In any event, if you have issues with the game, that's totally fine. You're entitled to your opinion and I don't know many people here who think the game is perfect to begin with. But, regardless of any of that, the game is canon and no amount of personal opinion will alter that.


Well, like I said, I know that this game is canon, but to me, it's sort of like what some other people said, that the series can live without it, and it serves more like a back story. As I stated in my first post, I wasn't sure myself why I didn't regard this game as being like the other canon titles of the series, and I listed some of the reasons why I think I might have thought that way. Frankly, I still do not know EXACTLY why. I'm not trying to rip on the game because I have a bone to pick with it, I mean, I finished the game in less than 2 days. If I didn't care for it, I wouldn't have played at all or stopped half way. I'm just trying to figure out the why. The "why" is always the hardest. Just like when a person commits suicide, or a murder. The facts are all laid out infront of the investigator, yet the "why" is always the most difficult to figure out and the last thing to figure out.

I was looking forward to Jill and Chris point guns at each other like the first trailer. Where did that go?

As for Wesker's matrix moves, I don't like them, I rather he not have them, but since he was such an integral part of the RE series, I can live with it, and see it as something cool to look at. But I see your point about the bright light...maybe there wasn't teleportation, maybe it was just smoke and mirrors. And hey, deep sea fishes can emit light, so that works.


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2012 8:49 
Offline
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
Biohaze Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tokyo | 東京
Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Biohazard 6
The possibility is pretty high that Revelations ties into RE6's plot, so I wouldn't write that game's relevance off just yet.



cvxfreak has received 2 thanks from: Knuckles, Mr. Rod
Back to top
 Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Share on Facebook Twitter
 [ 18 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


Search for:
Jump to:  


Biohaze.com
Powered by
phpBB © 2000-2014