[ 48 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 0:54 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V

The official Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition website was updated yesterday with a new entry in the "Director's Note" blog. Below you can read the translation of both this week and last week's entries.

Also, a new wallpaper featuring Jill and Josh from "Desperate Escape" is available for download and 2 new official avatars have been added under 'Biohaze Rebirth'.

Big thanks to iambubbaq for the translations!

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 0:54 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Theme 03 : Lost In Nightmares

"Lost in Nightmares" appears in "Biohazard 5" as the reconstruction of Chris and Jill's reminesent scene in the form of a chapter.

To tell the truth, this came about in the form of an idea in the earlier stages of developement. In addition, it was discussed before Co-Op.

After the decision to make "Biohazard 5" fully Co-Op when we went back and looked at the idea it didn't seem to fit well, as switching from Sheva to Jill midway through the game left a bad feeling, so we scraped the idea.

However, in the developement team there were some deep-seated Jill fans who would joke and say "I want to play as Jill!" Because of this we naturally started discussing "Alternative Edition" and decided to go with it.

Theme 04: About Desperate Escape

Even though he is not so handsome, he strikes a pose with his best smile as he is told "Don't die" by Sheva and he makes everyone think he died; however, he appears in front of us without mentioning anything. Josh is appealing and is popular amongst the game's developers.

However, he actually was planned to be killed in the oilfield. Yet that plan was changed with the revision to co-op play. Originally, Sheva was to guide the boat but since she was decided to fight in the Irving battle to keep with the co-op, the result was Josh to return and carry the two after the fight.

When the idea of Jill's escape story came up at the team meeting somebody asked "who will be Jill's co-op partner?", that's when Josh came up again. After he carried the two to the ruins he went to a base and called for rescue as well as got on a helicopter to save Sheva, meeting Jill by chance.

It was not only Sheva and Jill that Josh saved, but he also saved the developer's. Josh is a reliable guy.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 0:56 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Second Sons
PSN: bubbaq
I find it interesting how co-op play made a lot of story development changes. Kinda weird to see how that worked IMO.

PSN: bubbaq

Profile YIM

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 1:25 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
PSN: V_for_Valentine
Thanks for the translations Bubbaq! :biggrin:

Quote:
However, he actually was planned to be killed in the oilfield. Yet that plan was changed with the revision to co-op play. Originally, Sheva was to guide the boat but since she was decided to fight in the Irving battle to keep with the co-op, the result was Josh to return and carry the two after the fight.

So RE5 was originally single player? Very interesting. Those Beta artworks must of been from the original single player envisioning of RE5 then.

Mr. Rod wrote:
However, in the developement team there were some deep-seated Jill fans who would joke and say "I want to play as Jill!" Because of this we naturally started discussing "Alternative Edition" and decided to go with it.

Lovely lovely Jill fans! :mrgreen:

And to think some people consider us annoying. :lol: At least we get things done. :razz:

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 8:12 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Now playing: DB: RB
PSN: Dreamflight
I think that Josh should die at the oil fields. But now that he ís still alive, I think it's stupid that he only wanted to save Sheva, not thinking of Chris, and that he saved Jill accidentally.

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 9:54 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

^ How is that stupid? He knew Sheva before and are close friends, of course he'd save Chris too but he was driven to save them all because of her. Just like Chris went there only for Jill but that doesn't mean he wouldn't save any of his comrads.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 10:03 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: RE: Revelations
Outbreak ID: LOL
PSN: BigStu1981
XBL: i r punish0rz
Thanks for the translations, always said you were good for the site!
iambubbaq wrote:
I find it interesting how co-op play made a lot of story development changes. Kinda weird to see how that worked IMO.
Not sure i like that they had a story had to be reshaped so they could fit it in with a gameplay mechanic.

I've always said i've preferred gameplay over storyline. But when one dilutes the other i'm a bit indifferent to it. How convinced must the developers have been by their original storyline if they're prepared to sacrifice it for the sake of their mechanics?

need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives
his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"
Carnivol, June 2010

I am the cause of all your problems...

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 12:15 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Mr. Rod wrote:
^ How is that stupid? He knew Sheva before and are close friends, of course he'd save Chris too but he was driven to save them all because of her. Just like Chris went there only for Jill but that doesn't mean he wouldn't save any of his comrads.

He wasn't there only for Jill, yes to save her. But after he saved her, he also saved Sheva, although that ''wasn't necessary'', if he'd only go for Jill. He even risked his own life for Sheva.

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 12:19 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Uncharted, MGS GZ, Wolfenstein
PSN: PYTHON_mgs
PatrickTalksCrap wrote:
Mr. Rod wrote:

He wasn't there only for Jill, yes to save her. But after he saved her, he also saved Sheva, although that ''wasn't necessary'', if he'd only go for Jill. He even risked his own life for Sheva.

actually Mr. Rod has a point here :wink:

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2010 12:44 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

I don't think so, Josh is like: I have to save Sheva, because I like her, and if I save others as well, that's a plus point. Chris is more like ''I have to save everyone''. But anyway, I don't like Josh even if he was just like Chris.

[ 48 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next