Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:05 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
PSN: SunAtNight88
XBL: SunAtNight88
Nope, one with Desperate Escape and the other one with Lost in Nightmares.

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:07 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: RE: Revelations
Outbreak ID: LOL
PSN: BigStu1981
XBL: i r punish0rz
Oh shit yeah that's right! Was forgetting that Excella had taken one of the opposite slots up! Not sure i understand the decision. Made sense for Capcom for them to package Barry & Rebecca together in Desperate Escape as an incentive for the old school fans to pick up the second DLC scenario.

Anyway, good to see the boards haven't gone into meltdown with the news that the last two characters weren't a pair of Jill reskins, excellent move on Capcom's part, Los Jilluminados have got more than enough to get excited about with these four DLC packs.

But like i just said on THIA, it's hardly the biggest shock in the world really! Was always going to be Barry & Rebecca once we saw their figurines. Was only made more obvious by Capcom pitching a hissy and getting the youtube videos deleted.

need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives
his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"
Carnivol, June 2010

I am the cause of all your problems...

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:18 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

PSN: SunAtNight88
XBL: SunAtNight88
Stu wrote:
Not sure i understand the decision. Made sense for Capcom for them to package Barry & Rebecca together in Desperate Escape as an incentive for the old school fans to pick up the second DLC scenario.

yeah I think so too, sure Capcom knows how to maximize profit

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:25 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Fuck yeah! Can't wait, Barry and Rebecca finally confirmed, how wesome :biggrin:

I believe they packaged separately so everyone buys both episodes, even those just wanting the classic feeling in Lost In Nightmares will have to buy Desperate Escape to play the second classic character... smart move Capcom!

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:29 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Mr. Rod wrote:
I believe they packaged separately so everyone buys both episodes, even those just wanting the classic feeling in Lost In Nightmares will have to buy Desperate Escape to play the second classic character... smart move Capcom!
Surely the smarter move though would be to assume that those wanting the classic feeling would buy Lost In Nightmares anyway? Just feels like Capcom are putting all the eggs in all the wrong baskets haha! Barry and Rebecca seperated to me means a greater chance of people thinking "Nah, Desperate Escape only has Rebecca!" and people skipping it.

The idea of people skipping ANY of the two new scenarios is pathetic, but it will happen.

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:36 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Think about it, what if Desperate Escape had Excella and Josh? I think many of the people who enjoyed the classic games more would get LiN only since DE is just more RE5, and chances are that with Barry or Rebecca unlocked in Desperate Escape a fair percentage of the group mentioned would reconsider not buying DE only because one of the characters is linked with the old RE.

But anyway, since that's not my case, I couldn't care less :razz: Just want to play them now! Rebecca looks more "badass" than ever in that picture haha

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:37 
Wasting Ammo
Wasting Ammo

Favorite title: Biohazard Revelations
PSN: hawjboi2009
If Rebecca and Barry already confirmed as two final character in Mercenaries Reunion then Where are Jill and Wesker ? it kinda insane that chris took one spot as another costume instead Jill and Sheva took one spot as another costume instead Wesker are sound stupid

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:39 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

^ I agree, 2 Chris/Sheva costumes would have been enough while the other 2 should have been replaced by Jill/Wesker's so it'd have been a complete "Reunion", but what can we do about it now?

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:41 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Like i've just said on THIA, there's still a lot of great content in these four DLC packs, let's not start trying to find faults with it just because of it's name.
Mr. Rod wrote:
Think about it, what if Desperate Escape had Excella and Josh? I think many of the people who enjoyed the classic games more would get LiN only since DE is just more RE5, and chances are that with Barry or Rebecca unlocked in Desperate Escape a fair percentage of the group mentioned would reconsider not buying DE only because one of the characters is linked with the old RE.
Hang on...we're on the same page here? I agree that people might ignore Desperate Escape if it was Josh & Excella for Mercs Reunion.

By putting Josh and Excella with LIN, and Barry and Rebecca with DE, both packs would have something more to please both old and new school then, rather than just one character, there'd be two.

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2010 8:45 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: Versus and only versus
PSN: DirectControl
It's a mild inconvenience for those who would buy both episodes regardless, but still, good thing that Barry and Becky are officially confirmed.

I bet quite some people are gonna nag Capcom for not adding any Wesker/Jill costumes. :smile:

[ 60 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next