[ 20 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Biohazard in 2011
PostPosted: Jan 01, 2011 12:25 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard

Happy New Year Biohaze! To kick off the new year, a few of us have shared our thoughts on both 2010's success and what 2011 will bring for the series. Feel free to comment and share your own thoughts and ideas.

Biohazard in 2011 Special Feature

Profile WWW

Post subject: Re: Biohazard in 2011
PostPosted: Jan 01, 2011 14:31 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Happy New Year! ...Well, for me 'Lost in Nightmares' was the biggest RE-related thing in 2010. 'Desperate Escape' was cool, but 'Lost in Nightmares' was exactly what the series needed. A near perfect balance between old and new. The technical perfection of the RE4-style gameplay with the haunted-house thrills and atmosphere of the older games. It was survival-horror bliss. I loved everything about it. I got such a kick out of those bastards playing dead who suddenly grabbed you. Beautiful! The only downer was how short it was. A full length game like 'LiN' is exactly what I want for the next one. And yes, 'RE: Revelations' looks like it's headed in the right direction.

As for Afterlife... Oh God, no more please...

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2011 19:13 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: RE6, Fallout 3 and Devil May 4
XBL: IronAvenger90
Afterlife was a ok film, it was better then the last 2. RE2 movie sucked big balls, but with the announcement of Damnation, and Lost in Nightmares being a great DLC. Lets just hope, 2011 will be better. Let's hope.

"Though a good fight every now and again, does make life interesting. Don't you think?"-Dante DMC4

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2011 19:39 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: gransport
I'd say Lost in Nightamares and Desperate Escape were my favorite part of 2010.
The announcements were really interesting too, especially Damnation. I'd love for some more information on that.

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2011 15:25 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Now playing: Mass Effect 2
I didn't play LiN or DE, but I liked what I saw from LiN, since I didn't like DE and the rest of RE5 style.

I did saw Afterlife, and found it a crap, but this wasn't a surprise at all. On the other hand, Damnation annoucement was a pretty good surprise.

Quote:
We need a drastic change in game play mechanics like the change implemented in Biohazard 4 after Code Veronica. It needs to be fresh and exciting. The question is, can they do it?

I completely agree with TheBatman's words, and do the same question.
However, Revelations appears to be going in a good direction...

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2011 16:15 
Well, RE: Damnation isn't out until late 2012. But I'm looking forward to all Revelations related news in between now and then, plus any cool DLC stuff they may come up with, and of course, Dead Space 2 is just around the corner! I think 2011 will rock.

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2011 9:43 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
XBL: makta112
I hope to see a Biohazard 6 announcement, and some more info on DAMNATION!

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2011 10:35 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: inFAMOUS
PSN: ProjeckNemesis
XBL: ProjeckNemesis
Lost in Nightmares remains the highlight for this year and the past few years in the REalm of Biohazard. I really don't expect much from Capcom and Biohazard, I mean why should we? The disappointments far outweigh the good. Okay yes I am bitter but come on when a video game franchise's best entries in the past few years have been an animated film and a DLC chapter something is wrong.

I am totally raining on the parade but I find it hard to believe everyone here is content with the current state of the franchise. Maybe I am permanently stuck in the "what if" state of mind. Dreaming of another RE game that captivates me completely, both RE4 and RE5 I put down midway and went back to finish them 6 months later. Its all flash and no substance, way too guided and repetitive.

After LiN, I have a small shred of hope for the franchise in game form. Although I am still wondering if LiN is great because of the mansion factor or if it is really legit and the current Capcom regime has got it.

I could go on and on but I will leave you with this:

Dead Space is a much better game than what Capcom has put out recently. DS Extraction blows both Umbrella and Darkside out of the water. The demo for Dead Space 2 has provided me with more entertainment than RE5 ever has. I have clocked more time in the original Dead Space than RE4 and RE5 combined. Although Degeneration is far better than the Dead Space animated flick. Who is keeping score?

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2011 12:59 
Problem Eliminator
Site Contributor

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
ProjectNemesis wrote:
Lost in Nightmares remains the highlight for this year and the past few years in the REalm of Biohazard. I really don't expect much from Capcom and Biohazard, I mean why should we? The disappointments far outweigh the good. Okay yes I am bitter but come on when a video game franchise's best entries in the past few years have been an animated film and a DLC chapter something is wrong.

I am totally raining on the parade but I find it hard to believe everyone here is content with the current state of the franchise. Maybe I am permanently stuck in the "what if" state of mind. Dreaming of another RE game that captivates me completely, both RE4 and RE5 I put down midway and went back to finish them 6 months later. Its all flash and no substance, way too guided and repetitive.

After LiN, I have a small shred of hope for the franchise in game form. Although I am still wondering if LiN is great because of the mansion factor or if it is really legit and the current Capcom regime has got it.

I could go on and on but I will leave you with this:

Dead Space is a much better game than what Capcom has put out recently. DS Extraction blows both Umbrella and Darkside out of the water. The demo for Dead Space 2 has provided me with more entertainment than RE5 ever has. I have clocked more time in the original Dead Space than RE4 and RE5 combined. Although Degeneration is far better than the Dead Space animated flick. Who is keeping score?

Everyone is different. Your feelings on Biohazard 4 and 5 are exactly how I feel about Dead Space. All style and no substance. To me all that game was was just go to one level of the ship, fix something, come back, then do exactly the same on the next. Extraction was okay, but I put it down halfway through and haven't touched it since. I have bought the CG film and made every effort to get into the universe, but it just hasn't gripped me. I'm still going to buy DS2, but I am in no way excited for it like I was awaiting the first one.

Biohazard 4 was a marvel gameplay wise in 2005 and influenced many games that followed such as Gears of War. The plot was everyone's gripe with that one but that was Mikami's fault. He didn't even want Bio 1 to have any form of plot.
Biohazard 5 suffered greatly simply because of the implimentation of 2-player, meaning they had to sacrifice a lot of things.

Wait for Revelations and see if you feel the same. Capcom have promised us true survival horror this time round for the first time in a decade. Forget Mercenaries and even Damnation for now, this will be the title to prove if they can still deliver.

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2011 13:22 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: inFAMOUS
PSN: ProjeckNemesis
XBL: ProjeckNemesis
TheBatMan wrote:

Everyone is different. Your feelings on Biohazard 4 and 5 are exactly how I feel about Dead Space. All style and no substance. To me all that game was was just go to one level of the ship, fix something, come back, then do exactly the same on the next. Extraction was okay, but I put it down halfway through and haven't touched it since. I have bought the CG film and made every effort to get into the universe, but it just hasn't gripped me. I'm still going to buy DS2, but I am in no way excited for it like I was awaiting the first one.

Biohazard 4 was a marvel gameplay wise in 2005 and influenced many games that followed such as Gears of War. The plot was everyone's gripe with that one but that was Mikami's fault. He didn't even want Bio 1 to have any form of plot.
Biohazard 5 suffered greatly simply because of the implimentation of 2-player, meaning they had to sacrifice a lot of things.

Wait for Revelations and see if you feel the same. Capcom have promised us true survival horror this time round for the first time in a decade. Forget Mercenaries and even Damnation for now, this will be the title to prove if they can still deliver.

First off, thank you for the intelligent response. My dislike for RE4 is rooted in my hatred for Ashley, not so much the character, her gameplay presence is annoying. The first few chapters and every chapter afterwards with no Ashley are the best sections of the game. The opening few are unmatched.

I am aware of the impact that RE4 had, Dead Space borrows quite a bit from the formula. I thought the plot was enough. I hate the ending but I love the rest, there is just enough there to justify it all.

As for Dead Space, I totally understand how people do not like the game. Its all gopher stuff but somehow something has really grabbed me. I am completely sucked into the world of Dead Space although the recent stuff shows what the absence of Warren Ellis has done. The influences on the series are definitely apparent but for some reason that doesn't bother me.

I did not hear that about Revelations, I am slightly more excited to play it now. Is it known who is involved, anyone notable? LiN was such a shock, I never thought they could pull anything like that off. I hope Capcom jumps on the HD PS3 remaster wagon and gives the treatment to the PS2 era RE titles. Playing Outbreak again would make me smile.

[ 20 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2  Next