[ 209 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 18:56 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V

Today, Capcom officially announced Resident Evil 6 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. The game will be released on November 20, 2012.

Click here to watch the official trailer and check the post below for the official press release.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 18:56 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Official logo and artwork:
Spoiler:

CAPCOM CONFIRMS RESIDENT EVIL® 6

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, is very proud to announce that Resident Evil® 6 is in full development and scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on November 20, 2012 with a Windows PC version to follow. Blending action and survival horror, this latest instalment in the multi-million selling franchise is the most ambitious, immersive and feature rich title of the series to date and promises to be the dramatic horror experience of the year.

STORY

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

In a first for the franchise, Resident Evil 6 sees series favorites Leon and Chris come together to face this unprecedented threat. They will be joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale.

EVOLUTION OF THE SERIES

"Resident Evil 6 represents a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series," commented Katsuhiko Ichii, Head of R&D and Global Marketing. "The development team, led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, is working tirelessly to deliver the most impressive Resident Evil title ever both in terms of scope and production values. We are all genuinely excited by the title and cannot wait to share it with the world."

Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Resident Evil 6 Executive Producer added: "From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror. We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers."

Genre: Survival Horror Platforms: Xbox 360/PS3/PC Release Date: November 20, 2012 Developer: CAPCOM

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:10 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Looks freakin sweet! Good to see humanoid bows are back!

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:13 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Hopefully it won't get delayed.

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:14 
Monster
Biohaze Moderator

Kobayashi executive producing it and..... Outbreak fans will be pleased, Eiichiro Sasaki is directing it.

Looking good... and pretty advanced for a delay unless they don't want to pit it against say Halo 4.

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:19 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Nice. Zombies are back! I really liked the initial bits with Leon. Not too sure about the Call of Duty-style Chris portion.

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:50 
Claire is there.
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: Resident Evil Revelations 3DS
PSN: BlueSalvation
XBL: BlueSalvation
I don't like to anticipate games, it leaves me open to disappointment. However, I like what I saw in this trailer and... I anticipate the release of this game. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on news involving this. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:51 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Game looked absolutely amazing. Next Gen graphics with a city outbreak FINALLY. And Leon and Chris together is pretty awesome. Older Leon is looking really good haha.

Don't care much for that new guy though, he seems pretty generic/boring overall. What about Ada? Seems they showed all the playable chars in the trailer but nothing about Ada? Odd.

Either way, the year long wait is going to suck so bad -_- This is definitely looking like it could end up being my fav RE title if it lives up to the hype of that trailer. (Here's hoping for a sequel to Versus Mode too that's much improved)

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:53 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

PSN: NewsBot
Quote:
Don't care much for that new guy though, he seems pretty generic/boring overall. What about Ada? Seems they showed all the playable chars in the trailer but nothing about Ada? Odd.

It's possible their source was wrong (all of the information I've heard about the game shortly before today has been mostly correct, but there are some errors, such as Jill), but again, first trailer. Doubt they'd show everything right off the bat.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2012 19:58 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Ada's definitely there according to IGN, who gave the first details earlier today. Heard about Jill being on RE6 too. Like you say, it's just the first trailer, they won't show everything.

Profile WWW
 [ 209 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next