PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 14:57 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
I was making a harmless joke and you're getting defensive. Victim complex!

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 15:01 
Test subject 19
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: RE5, RE2, RE3...All of them.
XBL: USS Agent Eo
Yikes, looks like I opened a can of worms here, haha. :P

Anyway, Joker I... don't really have anything to say, lol. I agree with you wholeheartedly on Jill being a vastly developed character and she has certainly been through a lot. She has the mental and even physical scars to prove it. I just hope they don't remove her chest scar from the P30 device if she's in RE6... Would be so typical if they did. "We don't want no damaged boobage"... *Sigh*

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 15:05 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

I still think the communications officer of the Queen Zenobia went through more but hey, Jill has "teh boobs!" and sex appeal, so she takes priority. Christ, my hatred for Jill as a character holds no bounds. She's just sex appeal, that's all she is. Other than that she has zero character and simply tags along with Chris, basking in the shadow of his greatness.

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Mr. Spencer has received a thanks from: Rebecca Chambers
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 15:13 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Now playing: God of War: Ascension
Outbreak ID: LOLWUT
Chris is the epitome of cliched Western action heroes. Just much less interesting and boring. Hell, even RE4 Leon conveys more emotions.

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 15:18 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

West is best!

Quote:

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 15:22 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
PSN: SPECTER-delta
EpicREFan wrote:
Chris is the epitome of cliched Western action heroes. Just much less interesting and boring. Hell, even RE4 Leon conveys more emotions.

I don't consider spouting one liners an emotion. I think its the exact opposite. Chris looks more cliched but Leon was one note the entire game.

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 16:48 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard
XBL: Cyberote
Chris has more character than Leon in my opinion. Chris went through a lot in RE5 and he just didn't want to show it, but I saw it slip out a few times. I saw his inner struggle. Leon has no inner struggle whatsoever. He's pretty much just a "Hey I'm here. Let's get this done." kind of guy. You'd think he would've showed some emotion over seeing that Ada is back, but nope. He tries to kick her ass instead.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 18:49 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Cyberote wrote:
You'd think he would've showed some emotion over seeing that Ada is back, but nope.

Except he already knows she's still alive and working for Wesker.

His reaction was perfectly reasonable and appropriate given the circumstances.

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 19:08 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
I'm not getting defensive, I'm just wanting to clarify that's not the only reason why I like the character. Trust me I can take a joke as good as anyone, I just didn't know that statement was indeed one.

I agree with the scar aspect with the p30 but I wouldn't put it past them, I don't even think Leon has a scar on his cheek any more after his encounter in RE4 with Krauser. I didn't notice it in the trailer anyway.

Everyone has their favourites and opinions and that's totally cool, I really don't care if people like the same characters I do. I'd love for her to be in RE6 but that's not really a choice for me to make, I'm sure Capcom will sexualise any characters that appear anyway. It's not going to stop me from getting it. :smile:

You have to respect Jill for one thing though. She can take rockets to the face and still come out looking like a model. Well, maybe not post RE5 where she went plastic bag overload. :rcg:

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 19:30 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

JokerJo wrote:
I'm not getting defensive, I'm just wanting to clarify that's not the only reason why I like the character. Trust me I can take a joke as good as anyone, I just didn't know that statement was indeed one.

And I respect that reply you gave, you're acquainted with the rules of the internet. Nothing serious, nothing harmful. I used to like Jill, but after all the mutants that emerged when RE5 was announced it killed my interest in the character. When Revelations was announced it was the same deal, everyone bitching about how Jill looked and at the same time completely overlooking the more interesting parts of the game, like the enemies and such. This goes some way to explaining why I like Claire as my favourite female protagonist, despite the fact that she seems to have been relegated to a backseat role.

I'm sure you see it all the time, you can't visit THIA without some Los Jilluminados cultist preaching about how "sexy" or "beautiful" Jill looks with brown hair. As far as I know, Claire fans seem to be a lot more reserved but even so, you do get the occasional mutant oggling over a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. Sometimes I think too much effort in placed in sex appeal over actual characterisation.

Quote:

Mr. Spencer has received a thanks from: Agent Eoweniel
 Profile WWW
 [ 209 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next