PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 21:34 
Claire is there.
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil Revelations 3DS
PSN: BlueSalvation
XBL: BlueSalvation
Mr. Eames wrote:
In regards to the zombies wielding a few small weapons, I'm all for zombies staying true to themselves... but they need to be more aggressive will all these extra mobility features we have for our heroes.

Oh... and please, for at least Leon's scenario, no more zombies pooping bullets when they die. Really kills the survival aspect IMO. One exception, which I actually encourage, is for the undead cops/military to drop ammo after you kill them.

They can jump at you and grab immediately. There's no telling if they're all capable of that and if they are, I'd say the grounds are even. Leon has been shown to be a very capable guy and all these moves he possesses are not new to him, so he's not exactly over-powered if the zombies didn't have weapons. If anything, I'm surprised these abilities weren't introduced sooner in RE4.

Bring Crimson Heads back, that'll level the playing field even with the new mobility features. Anything but weapons are fine with me. Like I said before, I loathe weapon wielding zombies. As NewsBot pointed out, this is a new strain of virus. So the weapons come with the territory. Which is why I'm giving this a free pass.

I'm just babbling about my gripes with weapon using zombies. They'll still be in the game no matter what I post. I just like to complain.

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 1:35 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Now playing: Uncharted 3
DavidKing wrote:
Mr. Eames wrote:
In regards to the zombies wielding a few small weapons, I'm all for zombies staying true to themselves... but they need to be more aggressive will all these extra mobility features we have for our heroes.

Oh... and please, for at least Leon's scenario, no more zombies pooping bullets when they die. Really kills the survival aspect IMO. One exception, which I actually encourage, is for the undead cops/military to drop ammo after you kill them.

They can jump at you and grab immediately. There's no telling if they're all capable of that and if they are, I'd say the grounds are even. Leon has been shown to be a very capable guy and all these moves he possesses are not new to him, so he's not exactly over-powered if the zombies didn't have weapons. If anything, I'm surprised these abilities weren't introduced sooner in RE4.

Bring Crimson Heads back, that'll level the playing field even with the new mobility features. Anything but weapons are fine with me. Like I said before, I loathe weapon wielding zombies. As NewsBot pointed out, this is a new strain of virus. So the weapons come with the territory. Which is why I'm giving this a free pass.

I'm just babbling about my gripes with weapon using zombies. They'll still be in the game no matter what I post. I just like to complain.

Just don't wanna have to mash the controller every 5 seconds to fight off a grab. Would rather take a strike....
& these zombies needa start scratching too.

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 1:51 
Claire is there.
Biohaze Supporter

Mr. Eames wrote:

Just don't wanna have to mash the controller every 5 seconds to fight off a grab. Would rather take a strike....
& these zombies needa start scratching too.

Agreed. Those jumping zombies... likely prove to be a button mashing scene.

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 3:41 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
I'm more concerned about the AI in general. Kinda tired of having 12 majini standing around staring at me while one takes a swing with a pipe or tries to grab me while the rest just huddle and watch. Or lickers who like to simply choke you with their tongue and not much more. All it ends up being is more annoying than anything else because you don't fear dying, you simply get frustrated because you're stuck in a grab and unable to do anything for a bit constantly. Its more like the game randomly shutting your controller off to heed your progress while enemies standby and wait, than any actual threat.

Make me feel like I'm actually fighting for my life against overwhelming odds of mutated monstrosities. Put the fear in me to not run and gun like its DMC where I can easily solo hundreds of undead like its nothing. Make me have to think or plan my moves or struggle to move forward. I wanna actually feel like I'm struggling to survive, not an action hero one man army.

And please make some bosses that don't rely on huge glowing cysts exposing themselves as weak points or gas canisters littered conveniently everywhere.

And bosses shouldn't just walk slow and non chalant towards me while I unload hundreds of free bullets into them then simply move when they get close to avoid an attack. So tired of this stuff. It was one thing back on the psx when games and ai's where young. Doesn't cut it anymore though.

Sent from my Droid

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 10:48 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
IkariWarriorKH wrote:
I'm more concerned about the AI in general. Kinda tired of having 12 majini standing around staring at me while one takes a swing with a pipe or tries to grab me while the rest just huddle and watch. Or lickers who like to simply choke you with their tongue and not much more. All it ends up being is more annoying than anything else because you don't fear dying, you simply get frustrated because you're stuck in a grab and unable to do anything for a bit constantly. Its more like the game randomly shutting your controller off to heed your progress while enemies standby and wait, than any actual threat.

Part of the "challenge" the enemies provide, especially on the online modes. :wink:

JokerJo has received a thanks from: Psychos'Я'Us
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 12:43 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard
XBL: Cyberote
How are we going to be able to melee zombies? Since RE4, we've had to use the stunning method before we could run up and do a melee move. Apparently these zombies are able to percieve pain as well, which is really weird.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 12:52 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Uncharted, MGS GZ, Wolfenstein
PSN: PYTHON_mgs
I think in RE6 you can melee enemies without stun them first.

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 14:21 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard
XBL: Cyberote
That would kinda suck. Then you could just run through RE6 beating the crap out of everything with melee moves. I don't want RE to be a beat-em-up of all things. That would just be horrible. Maybe the melee moves Leon was doing came to be from quick-time-events or something. Kinda like kicking the Novistadors in RE4 or dodging the jumping spear majini in RE5

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 18:27 
Claire is there.
Biohaze Supporter

Cyberote wrote:
That would kinda suck. Then you could just run through RE6 beating the crap out of everything with melee moves. I don't want RE to be a beat-em-up of all things. That would just be horrible. Maybe the melee moves Leon was doing came to be from quick-time-events or something. Kinda like kicking the Novistadors in RE4 or dodging the jumping spear majini in RE5

Even if melee moves can be done at will, that doesn't mean Leon can go into full blown karate mode. I doubt there will be complete free will with melee moves anyway.

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 21:50 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Cyberote wrote:
That would kinda suck. Then you could just run through RE6 beating the crap out of everything with melee moves.

Not necessarily. Consider games like Dead Space or even Gears of War where even though you have a basic melee attack, you certainly can't plow through enemies using that attack alone.

If anything, I imagine the basic melee attack will be a knife slash, similar to Revelations, with the more complex melee moves being reserved for context sensitive instances (think Leon jamming the fire axe into the zombie's skull in the trailer).

Speaking of Revelations, if RE6 uses a similar control scheme, I hope they separate the knife from the grenades this time. I like finally having a dedicated secondary weapon button, but I think it would be preferable if it isn't shared by both grenades and the knife.

[ 65 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next