Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 23:04 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Uncharted 3
Archelon wrote:
Speaking of Revelations, if RE6 uses a similar control scheme, I hope they separate the knife from the grenades this time. I like finally having a dedicated secondary weapon button, but I think it would be preferable if it isn't shared by both grenades and the knife.

Like the defense mechanic in REmake?
would be awesome in my opinion.

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2012 23:44 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
That's not quite what I meant.

I just mean that you have one button for the knife, and one button for the various grenade types. You press the knife button to slash your knife, the grenade button to throw a grenade.

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2012 3:23 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Uncharted 3
Oh, well yea that would be cool!
especially giving more room to hold items, healths & key items :]

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2012 15:24 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Yea I hated wanting to knife a crate and accidentally chugging out a grenade instead or mashing on left to cycle through subweapons trying to get my knife while an enemy is on the floor and I want to get my free hits in to conserve ammo.

Sent from my Droid

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2012 15:31 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Another thing I hope they change from Revelations (and Resident Evil 5, for that matter) is the laser sight dot. In Resident Evil 4, the dot would disappear once you killed an enemy, so you had a visual confirmation that their HP had been depleted before they fall to the ground and dissolve. That way you wouldn't waste ammo by still shooting an enemy that was already dead.

I could never understand why, but they didn't bother with this little detail in Resident Evil 5, and it's even more pronounced in Revelations, where the death animations for the Ooze aren't nearly as pronounced or obvious as those of the Ganado and Majini. And if you have more than one enemy lined up behind one another, if you're still shooting while the enemy in front is dying, you're wasting ammunition, because the bullets won't register hitting the enemy behind the one taking its time going through its dying animation. Even though you're not actually hitting the dying enemy, it still registers as a hit (though I assume this isn't a problem if you have piercing upgrades equipped on your weapon).

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2012 15:54 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
That was never a problem for me in RE5 because it was easy to tell when an enemy died. But I agree in Rev its a pain because the ooze take a moment to start their melting animation and indeed block shots from hitting other enemies. But I've gotten better at telling when an ooze is dead so I can stop firing.

Sent from my Droid

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2012 15:59 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

It was never much of an issue in RE5 for me, either. It just always struck me as an odd oversight.

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2012 3:09 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Pokemon X and Smash 4
PSN: ZOMBIE-VITO
3DS: 489759654407
Some of you will hate me for this but i actually wouldn't mind the First Person View to be back for RE6, it will be optional so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

Resident Evil Prelude to the Fall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVn64Wc83M

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2012 3:44 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Now playing: Asura's Wrath
PSN: sevket
XBL: SevketErhat
Vito wrote:
Some of you will hate me for this but i actually wouldn't mind the First Person View to be back for RE6, it will be optional so it shouldn't be a problem.

As long as it is optional fine. I always prefer over the shoulder perspective though

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2012 13:09 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Vito wrote:

I would be okay with the first person view returning, but if I'm using a weapon with a scope, I want to be able to use it. (I'm referring to assault rifles, not sniper rifles.)

[ 65 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next