Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Mr. Rod wrote:
Officer Redfield wrote:
Vito wrote:
IkariWarriorKH wrote:
I guess that means Brad is in the game too.

How so?

Maybe because Jill's first encounter with Nemisis in RE3 was watching him skullf&%king Brad to death with a hand tentacle ?

Except this isn't a faithful representation of RE3. None of this USS, Spec Ops thing happened. Brad showing up would be surprising, but I doubt any of the side chatacters will even be mentioned.

Chief Irons even has a model in the game shown in a data report, but, it is a full model of him. Sherry is in the game as well. So I wouldn't be surprised if Brad is there. But, then again, considering how badly the U.S.S. campaign treats the events of RE2, it wouldn't surprise me or matter if they omitted Brad anyway.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 17:36 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V
First screenshot showing Jill and Nemesis:

If only this was a proper RE3 remake. Seriously, the graphics and atmosphere look great. At least they nailed something. :cry:

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 19:33 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
I call bullshot, personally.

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 21:52 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: RE: Revelations
Outbreak ID: LOL
PSN: BigStu1981
XBL: i r punish0rz
Wouldn't say bullshot, surely more concept art?

need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives
his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"
Carnivol, June 2010

I am the cause of all your problems...

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2012 13:38 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Glad to see they are doing it free considering how close it is to launch. If they keep doing this kind of thing we might actually have a decent community out of this game.

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2012 19:43 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
PSN: seanquan
XBL: seanquans
TheBatMan wrote:

Also GamesTM reviewed the campaign mode 3/10 and details Leon's involvement in the game.

Spoiler:
'For Resi they stated how it was like a SOCOM game with a Resident Evil skin hence not fitting in with the brand, AI of teammates is dreadful i.e. run into walls, shoot at nothing, only good at being bullet sponges, criticised glitches like zombies popping out of thin air 'mere centimetres away', unimaginative bland set pieces like zombies popping out of doors and closets, the list goes on. They also mentioned how the Leon Kennedy scene doesn't even get a cutscene or any other fanfare therefore a wasted opportunity, wondering why Capcom even gave the reins to Slant Six although the reviewer 'wished them no ill'. I must stress this was only the single player code they reviewed 'due to print constraints' but still harsh.'

This whole game just seems more and more pointless. It should have just been a multiplayer game akin to that of Mercs 3D with no story whatsoever.

It doesn't suprise me. It just furthers the support that Slant Six should just pack their bags and never make a game again.

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2012 17:45 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
So I hear that Jill isn't even going to be in the main campaign. That was really the final nail in the coffin for me after all the trash I've seen thus far. This will be the first Resident Evil 'title' and I use that term loosely, I won't be buying in its entire 15 years.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 22:37 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
JokerJo wrote:
So I hear that Jill isn't even going to be in the main campaign. That was really the final nail in the coffin for me after all the trash I've seen thus far. This will be the first Resident Evil 'title' and I use that term loosely, I won't be buying in its entire 15 years.

What made you think she would be in the first place?

It seems like ever since they revealed the SPEC OPS campaign and mentioned "Witness Jill's first meeting with Nemesis", a lot of people seemed to think that meant you get to play as Jill. When it was very obvious that all it was was getting to 'see' that meeting just the same as you 'see' leon and claire's entry into town in the U.S.S. campaign etc.

I've seen so many people talking about Jill DLC since that announcement and then getting angry when they find out it's only a cutscene. I just don't get it.

I've known from the start a year ago when this was first announced that the campaign would be U.S.S. and later on they mentioned a SPEC OPS campaign. I knew I wouldn't be playign as ANY RE classic chars in the story mode. We all just hoped for RE char skins for the multiplayer and we got them with Heroes Mode.

So again, I'm not sure why this was the 'final nail' for you. Because it's been known for months now what was going to be in the game and what it would entail.

And if you're talking about 'seeing' Jill in general, you will in the SPEC OPS campaign that's free DLC next month mentioned in the original post of this topic. Jill is in the game in cut scenes and as a playable char in Heroes Mode. So not really sure what your gripe is on that regard.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 0:26 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
IkariWarriorKH wrote:
JokerJo wrote:

What made you think she would be in the first place?

It seems like ever since they revealed the SPEC OPS campaign and mentioned "Witness Jill's first meeting with Nemesis", a lot of people seemed to think that meant you get to play as Jill. When it was very obvious that all it was was getting to 'see' that meeting just the same as you 'see' leon and claire's entry into town in the U.S.S. campaign etc.

I've seen so many people talking about Jill DLC since that announcement and then getting angry when they find out it's only a cutscene. I just don't get it.

I've known from the start a year ago when this was first announced that the campaign would be U.S.S. and later on they mentioned a SPEC OPS campaign. I knew I wouldn't be playign as ANY RE classic chars in the story mode. We all just hoped for RE char skins for the multiplayer and we got them with Heroes Mode.

So again, I'm not sure why this was the 'final nail' for you. Because it's been known for months now what was going to be in the game and what it would entail.

And if you're talking about 'seeing' Jill in general, you will in the SPEC OPS campaign that's free DLC next month mentioned in the original post of this topic. Jill is in the game in cut scenes and as a playable char in Heroes Mode. So not really sure what your gripe is on that regard.

I didn't think she'd be playable apart from Heroes mode, but from what some of the trailers put across, we would see her in action around Raccoon City, the heroes trailer just depicts the DLC cutscene of her running from Nemesis.

Where did I mention in that post that I thought she was playable within the campaign mode? I didn't.

The entire game is based around the premise of experiencing the events of RE2 and RE3 all over again from a different perspective, but all they have is a Nemesis battle and the STAGLA gas station. That is not experiencing RE3, that is a reference.

It doesn't matter if it's DLC, that's not in the finished product. It's not part of the complete package, they've completely wiped out a huge chunk of Raccoon City narrative (to presumably focus on riding Leon's dick) to package later on. It's not in the processed product. It can add to the experience, yes, but it's still not in the main campaign until you download it.

The final nail in regards to the fact this is a blatant rushed cash entry to capitalise on RE5's popular co-op mechanic, they just tried to bait the old fans with the setting of Raccoon City and two of the most iconic games within the series. Seeing a character in a cutscene isn't 'rewriting' the Resident Evil history as they advertised, it's a cameo. Nothing more.

I read your review and my judgement was right. This is an awful game. No amount of multiplayer appeal will ever make me choose it over the single player experience because you are royally fucked when those servers shut down.

JokerJo has received a thanks from: Mr. Rod
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 17:28 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
The single player is garbage and I fully agree with you. And if single player is your main focus then you're right, this game is a piece of shit and is not for you at all. But, that's why I had really low expectations going into it and set myself on buying it for the multiplayer because I knew I'd be let down. And I was, the single player as you read in my review was atrocious and just plain bullshit.

But, again, I bought it for multiplayer. Yeah, maybe the servers will go down in a few years, but, by then I'll have long stopped caring about the game anyway. As I've said before, this game only exists to tide me over on multiplayer RE until Re6 comes out. To me that's worth the price of admission. I don't expect that to ring true for everyone though. My only gripe about people's comments about not buying the game after seeing single player is based on the fact most of us already knew single player would suck and had resolved to buy it for the multiplayer. Yet, once we 'saw' single player in 'fact' sucked terribly. Everyone wrote off the game without even trying or caring about the multiplayer, which is just kinda dumb in my opinion. If you already knew it was gonna suck and were gonna buy it for multiplayer, why decide against it once you see that single player does in fact suck but multiplayer is pretty decent?

If anyone was looking forward to this 'for' the single player though. I fully agree they should not get the game as it's not worth $60 by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, it's not even worth $20.

Just keep in mind my reply was solely based on your comments about Jill not being in the game being the 'final nail in the coffin' because she is in the game in playable form and she is in cut scenes through the free DLC. That's all I was referencing.

Oh and for the record, I was somewhat incorrect in my original assessment of levels for multiplayer. Now that I've played all of them quite a bit I can elaborate better on what they contain.

Apocalypse = RC streets with the Stagla Gas Station and Kendo's Gun Shop

Blood Drive = Inside the RC Hospital while it's on fire after Nicholai sets off the explosives.

Code Blue = Outside the Hospital streets of RC, but you can go inside the hospital too while it's normal and not on fire.

Upload = An Umbrella Lab with prototype T-103's inside

Birkin's Lab = The Re2 Lab

Dead Factory = Dead Factory from RE3

Train Yard = The train yard from the campaign

Also the Clock Tower is in the game in the campaign and I incorrectly stated you can only visit the courtyard but you can in fact go inside the first floor of it and visit the chapel and the room outside the chapel with the windows, and one of the save rooms with the piano.

And obviously the RPD is in the campaign, although it's only like 5 rooms as I mentioned.

Keep in mind, many things like Birkin's lab only have a few areas that actually resemble stuff from the games. The rest is unrecognizable. Dead Factory i've only played twice and it's really hard to tell what part of the factory it's supposed to be. It really doesn't bring any sense of nostalgia to me but it may be that I'm just not that familiar with the dead factory's layout itself to recognize any parts of it that are directly from the game. So who knows.

But, I just wanted to clarify those because you stated there's nothing to visit from the games and I had even stated this in my original review of the game and it wasn't entirely true.

Profile WWW
 [ 43 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next