PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 12:01 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120

A full preview of Resident Evil 6 has been released by Famitsu along with a bunch of new screenshots. At the moment, the preview is in japanese. Although it appears to make mention of the G-virus. We'll update this when a translation is available.

In the meantime, those of you fluent in japanese, or those who just wanna check out the screens can do so here.

Source: Famitsu | Tip: Dark Chris

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 12:47 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: SP SOT
PSN: Agent-RedJackal
So based on the screens, I'm guessing the "C" in C-virus, stands for chrysalid?

Also, liking the interesting HUD system. Supposedly it was inspired by Dead Space.
Looks like it's related to the kid of PDA Leon and Jake are seen holding.

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 13:53 
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: minecraft PS3/hatsune miku
PSN: RE1Greatest
AgentRedJackal wrote:
So based on the screens, I'm guessing the "C" in C-virus, stands for chrysalid?

Also, liking the interesting HUD system. Supposedly it was inspired by Dead Space.
Looks like it's related to the kid of PDA Leon and Jake are seen holding.

there is no HUD on Dead Space... Unless there just isn't one in Dead Space 2

Image Image

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 13:58 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

PSN: NewsBot
Some choice excerpts:

Quote:
It is believed that the C-Virus was mixed with a nutritional drug which someone distributed to soldiers of an anti-government army.

The C-Virus makes a host enter a chrysalis state, where it gestates and becomes a "perfect organism".

Jake is unaffected by the C-Virus.

Sherry is an agent like Leon and Helena, same agency. After a few years of house arrest following the Raccoon City incident, she was freed and became an agent as a "bargaining point".

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 14:28 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Dragon4 wrote:

Quote:
Sasaki also confessed a love of the Walking Dead and Dead Space, including the latter's floating HUD, which may have inspired the new look HUD in Resi 6

Well, Dead Space had the floating inventory system so(and that awesome health meter on Isaac's back),that might be where it's based on. Im guessing they are going to use the damage system in Revelations(that recent games use) where the blood appears on the sides of the screen. But it would be nice if there was the classic style electrocardiogram shown on the hud though.

News Bot wrote:
The C-Virus makes a host enter a chrysalis state, where it gestates and becomes a "perfect organism".

Which is interesting, because the regenerative, ever-evolving properties of the C-virus are very much like G, which was also developed to create a race of G-beings/humans, creatures closer to perfection. Perhaps the C-virus is mixed with or based on the G-virus. It isn't G-C-Virus though, like variants of T were named T-G, T-Abyss, or T-veronica; so I wonder what ancient or "hidden-inside-of-a-rare-organism" kind of virus this was developed with?

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2012 9:35 
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head

AgentRedJackal wrote:
Dragon4 wrote:

Quote:
Sasaki also confessed a love of the Walking Dead and Dead Space, including the latter's floating HUD, which may have inspired the new look HUD in Resi 6

Well, Dead Space had the floating inventory system so(and that awesome health meter on Isaac's back),that might be where it's based on. Im guessing they are going to use the damage system in Revelations(that recent games use) where the blood appears on the sides of the screen. But it would be nice if there was the classic style electrocardiogram shown on the hud though.

Yes but I meant they don't have a HUD that stay on screen 24/7. Saying that the glowing 'health' and 'stasis' on his back is a HUD is like saying the glowing light on your gun in Dark Sector is a HUD

But the glowing menu is kind of a HUD, my fav part is that it moves with you, and when you rotate the camera it stays.

Image Image

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2012 14:53 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Dragon4 wrote:
Yes but I meant they don't have a HUD that stay on screen 24/7. Saying that the glowing 'health' and 'stasis' on his back is a HUD is like saying the glowing light on your gun in Dark Sector is a HUD

But the glowing menu is kind of a HUD, my fav part is that it moves with you, and when you rotate the camera it stays.

Perhaps Sasaki meant that the HUD in RE6 was based on those visual aspects; such as a floating inventory.

Information like health could be considered part of a heads-up-display, but Dead Space did it in the way to where it wasn't actually a part of the screen, but part of Issac. If I recall, there are few games, where the HUD disappears occasionally off screen, until you press a button to access something related to it.
But in RE6, the inventory seems like it will become part of the HUD on screen.

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 9:13 
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head

AgentRedJackal wrote:
Dragon4 wrote:

Perhaps Sasaki meant that the HUD in RE6 was based on those visual aspects; such as a floating inventory.

Information like health could be considered part of a heads-up-display, but Dead Space did it in the way to where it wasn't actually a part of the screen, but part of Issac. If I recall, there are few games, where the HUD disappears occasionally off screen, until you press a button to access something related to it.
But in RE6, the inventory seems like it will become part of the HUD on screen.

I like the looks of it, i also noticed the two guns thing. Dual Wielding?

Image Image

[ 8 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates