[ 26 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mar 20, 2017 3:14 
Offline
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"
User avatar

Joined: Feb 24, 2011
Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: Outlast
PSN: PlyMood
Dark_Chris wrote:
Unknown wrote:
You Died wrote:
People got used to his muscular self in 5 and 6 even though it didn't look like the old Chris - I think they'll get used to him again. His Code: Veronica model looked nothing like his original RE model either, despite the games being set months apart.


You say that, but his RE5 "redesign" was still based upon his REmake model, the face is the same, adjusted slightly to account for aging. And since that was set some years after his previous chronological appearance, it wasn't illogical for Chris to have bulked up in that time in preparation for his fight with Wesker.

Comparing his CVX model to his original RE1 model is senseless, the graphics were nowhere near what they are now. Just an athletic guy with spiky brown hair was enough for him to be Chris back then, and all of his early models have that in common.


Completely agreed!

PlyMood wrote:
It just baffles me that people are so annoyed by this. Can't you guys remember what they did to Jill's face? It's essentially the same concept; new people in charge = new faces for characters lol.

This photogrammetry excuse is so unnecessary, as RE is not the only game that uses this technology. Just like that report when they were talking about the Scrum method and how new it is and stuff though Western developers had been utilizing it since the last generation.

You're not too cool Capcom, lol.


People are annoyed and some doesn't believe it's Chris, because change like this is unprecedent even in this series.

Last time we saw Chris in RE6, he was still a member of the BSAA, was voiced by RCS and his model as whole was easily reconginzable. Hell even in Vendetta which isn't even out yet, Capcom used Chris's standart model.
Fast forward to RE7, he now:
- works for terrorist organization (Umbrella Co. - a former Wesker's organization, now lead by Wesker's doppelganger!)
- has gun called Albert W. 01 which is a modifiet Wesker's Samurai Edge
- isn't voiced by RCS
- is blonde and has a completely different model alltogether


Sorry I didn't know how to quote the section in question lol.

But I do agree with you that it's very abrupt especially knowing that Vendetta is closer to RE7 in the timeline. But as for him changing careers, we're "supposed" to know more about that in the new DLC but knowing Capcom, they will leave that piece of information for a sequel that will never see the light of day.

Capcom is horrible at sequel-baiting seeing as the only time they delivered was RE2. Think of Jessica and Raymond, Ada and Leon, the "Organization" that turned out to be 3 million companies and stuff, and most recently Alex Wesker.

Spring usually means March-early June. So let's wait a tad longer.

_________________
''Maybe you forgot Wesker, I don't always play by your rules...''


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2017 6:34 
Offline
24hr Speed Run
24hr Speed Run

Joined: Aug 16, 2013
Hey. My post was not "senseless" at all. I merely meant that it's done now and people will learn to live with the gripe anyway. If you really want to protest about it, just don't buy any more games from this series. Sorted! :razz:

But I totally get what you're saying: It seems lousy that they should have known 100% what the main character looks like which suggests the guys that worked on the game know nothing about the other games. This is probably not the case at all, but it just comes across that way, and I agree that this guy in the ending, just looks way young. Only time will tell if this is Chris or not, but if it is, way to go Capcom for not getting him right after 20 goddamn years of zombies and Las Plagas mayhem! :frown:


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2017 12:04 
Offline
Problem Eliminator
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Sep 17, 2006
Location: Bolton, UK
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
The reveal scene of Redfield has no dramatic impact whatsoever. It's set up in such a way that we get the slow build up until he takes off his helmet at which point the audience are supposed to register shock. Yet that doesn't work because he looks and sounds 100% unrecognisable to what has come before. Then when he confirms his name the audience is overcome with complete confusion because he looks so drastically different.

Neither of these reactions are what Capcom were going for, hence why it simply just doesn't work. I firmly believe this photogrammetry decision to play with what is probably the most recognisable face in the entire series (aside from arguably Wesker) is one of the worst creative decisions Capcom have ever made with this series.

These reasons plus even the unrecognisable concept art that was drawn up for the character before they allegedly even attempted to import Chris RE5/6 into the new engine, is why I still don't believe we've seen the final twist to this tale.

_________________
www.projectumbrella.podbean.com



TheBatMan has received 2 thanks from: Dark_Chris, Mr. Rod
Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2017 13:33 
Offline
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Joined: Oct 7, 2008
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Does anyone believe that maybe Vendetta will in fact explain why Chris is working for Umbrella Corps....or at the very least explain what the hell is happening period?

The reason I raise this question is because Capcom announced that they will be showing this movie in theaters in the U.S. I found this very curious since it doesn't seem like a thing they do though i could be mistaken.


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2017 13:46 
Online
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
User avatar

Joined: Jul 30, 2009
Location: BSAA HQ
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard, Alien Isolation
PSN: PYTHON_mgs
It's for one night only almost a month after it's official release.
Quote:
Fans can catch the movie in theaters on June 19. The film will also be released internationally on May 27.

I sure do hope for some kind of connection, but going by the Degenerations and Damnation, it will be a very minor thing.

_________________
Image


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2017 14:37 
Offline
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Joined: Oct 7, 2008
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Dark_Chris wrote:
It's for one night only almost a month after it's official release.
Quote:
Fans can catch the movie in theaters on June 19. The film will also be released internationally on May 27.

I sure do hope for some kind of connection, but going by the Degenerations and Damnation, it will be a very minor thing.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

My whole outlook on this is...the umbrella corps is the one thing that holds me back from saying it's Chris. Visuals mean shit to me, as long as he's not a black person or an asian person I can accept that they just changed his design a bit. However, the umbrella corps stuff as Batman said is a total wtf?...so if there's no valid explanation than I can totally understand that skepticism that it's him. We won't know till we see Vendetta or play Not a Hero unfortunately.


Back to top
 Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Share on Facebook Twitter
 [ 26 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Search for:
Jump to:  


Biohaze.com
Powered by
phpBB © 2000-