[ 26 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mar 18, 2017 12:45 
Problem Eliminator
Banned

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
It's not exactly more realistic when he looks about 29 when he should be 43/44.

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2017 12:48 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

TheBatMan wrote:
It's not exactly more realistic when he looks about 29 when he should be 43/44.

He does look young in that other pic but idk he looks properly aged to me in the GDC video of him. All in the eye of the beholder though with these sorts of things. I was just pointing out that it looked like Remake chris to me in terms of design but with a more realistic designed face. So it was cool to see a pic of his face inserted into a remake image :p

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2017 13:21 
Banned
Banned

Why do they not even care that this effectively renders all previous appearances by Chris obsolete? I just can't see it regardless of how stupid Capcom can be at times. I'd like to think that photogrammetry would at least take a back seat when it came to returning characters with 20 years of history behind them.

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2017 14:16 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Unknown wrote:
Why do they not even care that this effectively renders all previous appearances by Chris obsolete? I just can't see it regardless of how stupid Capcom can be at times. I'd like to think that photogrammetry would at least take a back seat when it came to returning characters with 20 years of history behind them.

I don't even think it's photogrammetry that's at fault. It's as simple as picking an actor that looks more like Chris. The guy they picked has some similarities but he still looks way different compared to recent Chris. They should have used the guy that they had in RE5 viral marketing and it wouldn't have been an issue. Capcom gonna capcom unfortunately lol

Compared to the one they used. There's Chris like similarities but it's not really matching that of recent Chris and is more like a throwback version of him instead. The one above has a thicker face like new Chris and has a more bulky appearance in general. It's more consistent.

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2017 20:42 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Bloodborne
PSN: STARS_TyranT
XBL: STARS TyranT
I can't recall another game series in history that has had so much hysteria around characters faces. It's warrented I'd say - because changing appearences so dramatically as Capcom have fucks the continuity up in many ways.

Is it a compliment that I can't recall any other series that has such a branching story that spans multiple years and multiple appearences by multiple characters?

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2017 3:27 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: Outlast
PSN: PlyMood
It just baffles me that people are so annoyed by this. Can't you guys remember what they did to Jill's face? It's essentially the same concept; new people in charge = new faces for characters lol.

This photogrammetry excuse is so unnecessary, as RE is not the only game that uses this technology. Just like that report when they were talking about the Scrum method and how new it is and stuff though Western developers had been utilizing it since the last generation.

You're not too cool Capcom, lol.

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2017 6:15 
Banned
Banned

People got used to his muscular self in 5 and 6 even though it didn't look like the old Chris - I think they'll get used to him again. His Code: Veronica model looked nothing like his original RE model either, despite the games being set months apart.

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2017 9:06 
Banned
Banned

You Died wrote:
People got used to his muscular self in 5 and 6 even though it didn't look like the old Chris - I think they'll get used to him again. His Code: Veronica model looked nothing like his original RE model either, despite the games being set months apart.

You say that, but his RE5 "redesign" was still based upon his REmake model, the face is the same, adjusted slightly to account for aging. And since that was set some years after his previous chronological appearance, it wasn't illogical for Chris to have bulked up in that time in preparation for his fight with Wesker.

Comparing his CVX model to his original RE1 model is senseless, the graphics were nowhere near what they are now. Just an athletic guy with spiky brown hair was enough for him to be Chris back then, and all of his early models have that in common.

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2017 9:40 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Bio 7, Uncharted Lost Legacy
PSN: PYTHON_mgs
Unknown wrote:
You Died wrote:

You say that, but his RE5 "redesign" was still based upon his REmake model, the face is the same, adjusted slightly to account for aging. And since that was set some years after his previous chronological appearance, it wasn't illogical for Chris to have bulked up in that time in preparation for his fight with Wesker.

Comparing his CVX model to his original RE1 model is senseless, the graphics were nowhere near what they are now. Just an athletic guy with spiky brown hair was enough for him to be Chris back then, and all of his early models have that in common.

Completely agreed!

PlyMood wrote:
It just baffles me that people are so annoyed by this. Can't you guys remember what they did to Jill's face? It's essentially the same concept; new people in charge = new faces for characters lol.

This photogrammetry excuse is so unnecessary, as RE is not the only game that uses this technology. Just like that report when they were talking about the Scrum method and how new it is and stuff though Western developers had been utilizing it since the last generation.

You're not too cool Capcom, lol.

People are annoyed and some doesn't believe it's Chris, because change like this is unprecedent even in this series.

Last time we saw Chris in RE6, he was still a member of the BSAA, was voiced by RCS and his model as whole was easily reconginzable. Hell even in Vendetta which isn't even out yet, Capcom used Chris's standart model.
Fast forward to RE7, he now:
- works for terrorist organization (Umbrella Co. - a former Wesker's organization, now lead by Wesker's doppelganger!)
- has gun called Albert W. 01 which is a modifiet Wesker's Samurai Edge
- isn't voiced by RCS
- is blonde and has a completely different model alltogether

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2017 13:17 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Let's not start down this path again

[ 26 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next