Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Atelier Shallie
PSN: The_Amihaze
XBL: Amihaze
EvilResident wrote:
CodyZuver wrote:
And still no news on Resident Evil 2 Remake. Its a dead project as far as I'm concerned.

50% done with the resources of a main entry and a release window of 2018 to early 2019 is dead, simply because they haven't shown it yet? Right.

When was it stated that the game was so far along in development? Don't get me excited like this without evidence!

Quite honestly, I'd ruled RE7 out before purchasing it. I was pretty certain that the series was dead, and just trying to keep up by mimicking other popular games. I'm happy to say that RE7 proved me wrong. But with that being said, I still think Capcom is biding their time before releasing any big REmake 2 news. It would be wise to see what reception to a more action-heavy RE7 will be, since RE2 was a near perfect blend of both genres.

We should also keep in mind that much of RE7's horror came from the fact that you were often being stalked by a Nemesis-like opponent. RE2 did not have that (Mr. X is too far and in-between), so they'll have to rely on something other than stalking antagonists and disturbing gore. It'll take quite a lot of dedication to nail the atmosphere and tension that the original RE2 produced.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2017 12:36 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
Amihaze wrote:
When was it stated that the game was so far along in development? Don't get me excited like this without evidence!

Quite honestly, I'd ruled RE7 out before purchasing it. I was pretty certain that the series was dead, and just trying to keep up by mimicking other popular games. I'm happy to say that RE7 proved me wrong. But with that being said, I still think Capcom is biding their time before releasing any big REmake 2 news. It would be wise to see what reception to a more action-heavy RE7 will be, since RE2 was a near perfect blend of both genres.

We should also keep in mind that much of RE7's horror came from the fact that you were often being stalked by a Nemesis-like opponent. RE2 did not have that (Mr. X is too far and in-between), so they'll have to rely on something other than stalking antagonists and disturbing gore. It'll take quite a lot of dedication to nail the atmosphere and tension that the original RE2 produced.

Info leaked earlier here. It was removed, so I don't want to say anything more than that lest I get in trouble (any mods reading this, sorry if I said too much).
It's legitimate, though. Ask a lot of other people here, like Dusk Golem, Dark Chris, cvsfreak, and News Bot. They will vouch that the info is real.

RE2 had a lot of encounters from the Tyrant and G. I'd consider them stalker-worthy.
RE2 also had plenty of gore.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2017 16:42 
Banned
Banned

The threads are such a mess at times mate with off topic chit-chat, that even finding genuine info takes up time by having to search for specific key words.

Yes. The remake should be faithful, but like the first remake, be canon and creative. A super Mr. X Tyrant?!

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2017 16:48 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

You Died wrote:
A super Mr. X Tyrant?!

We did get that though. You know, the one you blow up with a rocket launcher.

I'd like a G6.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2017 16:52 
Banned
Banned

I meant something like Lisa Trevor that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Although outdoing the original RE2 ain't gonna be easy. Hope it's way better than The Darkside Chronicles was, because that was a state.

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2017 16:54 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

You Died wrote:
I meant something like Lisa Trevor that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Although outdoing the original RE2 ain't gonna be easy. Hope it's way better than The Darkside Chronicles was, because that was a state.

I liked DC, but that was an on rails shooter, while this will probably be a survival horror like the original.

- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2017 16:59 
Banned
Banned

It will be, but I hope it's not a third person shooter.

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2017 16:57 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
CodyZuver wrote:
And still no news on Resident Evil 2 Remake. Its a dead project as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah i was hyped about it a while ago, it was part of the reason to go ahead and buy a PS4 to get up to date with the console generation. 'Also for a couple of other games but the RE2 remake was a big chunk of the motivation of going ahead buying it'

At this rate it will be released on PS5 and honestly i'm just about done with gaming in general as it is. I don't think by the time the remake is released, i'll still be playing games. Quite busy in life being self-employed and all and on my way to 30. Its not as easy as it seems. I'll just watch a playthrough whenever i got time for that. That way i don't have to spend any money on these crashgrabbing greasebags at Capcom either.

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2017 9:07 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Danny_VXH wrote:
CodyZuver wrote:

Yeah i was hyped about it a while ago, it was part of the reason to go ahead and buy a PS4 to get up to date with the console generation. 'Also for a couple of other games but the RE2 remake was a big chunk of the motivation of going ahead buying it'

At this rate it will be released on PS5 and honestly i'm just about done with gaming in general as it is. I don't think by the time the remake is released, i'll still be playing games. Quite busy in life being self-employed and all and on my way to 30. Its not as easy as it seems. I'll just watch a playthrough whenever i got time for that. That way i don't have to spend any money on these crashgrabbing greasebags at Capcom either.

It's 50% done. It's coming after the DLC for 7 is released. The lastest it'll come is very early 2019.

- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2017 14:07 
Banned
Banned

Do you have a source? :cool:

[ 38 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next