Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sep 10, 2017 9:05 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Dead Space series
XBL: EvilResident777
You Died wrote:
I'd be over the moon if Konami announced a new Silent Hill game tomorrow, but that's a different matter!

Don't get your hopes up for that one friend.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2017 18:39 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I know. There are some people who think Resident Evil 7: Biohazard copied Silent Hills, but I think that is hogwash. Maybe it did copy a little bit of stuff to a small degree, but it would have happened sooner or later. Once gaming changes, many games adapt to whatever is new anyway. So Alone in the Dark was why we got Resident Evil. Call of Duty was why we sort of had Resident Evil 4 and 5. So by the time Resident Evil X swings by, it may be influenced by open world games like State of Decay. You never do know. But basically, that's the industry for you. It's the same with movies and music. New styles come into play all the time.

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2017 19:42 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
It's been clearly mentioned numerous times that Res 7 was in development months before PT.

It DID NOT ape off it.

Weskers Report has received a thanks from: EvilResident

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2017 14:35 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Realistically, it's very plausible a developer or two could've looked at it and said "hey, that's pretty cool" to incorporate into their ideas. However, the game overall was certainly not ripped off. There could be a tiny bit of influence somewhere in there though!

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2017 15:51 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Atelier Shallie
PSN: The_Amihaze
XBL: Amihaze
You Died wrote:
I'd be over the moon if Konami announced a new Silent Hill game tomorrow, but that's a different matter!

Given the way Konami sees both its games and consumer base, are you sure you'd want to see them spearhead the next Silent Hill game?

Keep in mind, they cared so much about their namesake Resident Evil competitor that they would not grant the funds for it to have CGI cutscenes in the first installment, and left it to a single volunteer.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2017 16:00 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Amihaze wrote:
You Died wrote:

Given the way Konami sees both its games and consumer base, are you sure you'd want to see them spearhead the next Silent Hill game?

Keep in mind, they cared so much about their namesake Resident Evil competitor that they would not grant the funds for it to have CGI cutscenes in the first installment, and left it to a single volunteer.

My dream scenerio:
Team Silent reunites and forms it's own studio, buys the rights to SH, and hires Kojima, Del Toro, and the rest of the people behind PT.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2017 19:07 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Silent Hill has always stayed horror. I commend that. But on the other hand, Resident Evil was niche, but 4 made it hot stuff. Whether you like the direction or not, Resident Evil was greatly influenced by the action genre after that, and action is arguably more popular than horror. So it adapted. Now it proved it can adapt back to horror. Silent Hill will always just be about "that person in a town with monsters" because it rarely tries anything unique and only the second one was as captivating as it was, and some later entries sold poorly, and it could have improved, with Silent Hills. It's really sad, too.

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2017 13:46 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak
Now playing: Biohazard Outbreak (OBSRV)
Outbreak ID: 1ARURV
PSN: ShipDeckSurvivor
XBL: NOYB
And still no news on Resident Evil 2 Remake. Its a dead project as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2017 13:50 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

CodyZuver wrote:
And still no news on Resident Evil 2 Remake. Its a dead project as far as I'm concerned.

50% done with the resources of a main entry and a release window of 2018 to early 2019 is dead, simply because they haven't shown it yet? Right.

- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2017 21:54 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

It's still early days. Let us moan our hearts out after the event is entirely over. Assuming nothing is shown.

[ 38 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next