Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Feb 02, 2012 1:47 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy
Resident Evil Fan

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: RE5 Gold Edition
PSN: estumas
Now I've finished the story, I really enjoyed most of the changes to DR2OTR over the original DR2 but I kinda think most of it could have just been add ons too. There is obviously a lot new voice work that is the meat of the upgrades size, and the whole Uranus Zone is well underused as far as I'm concerned, but it was nice to return to the DR2 world with a new reason.

I just finished the 30 challenges in Sandbox and are going around getting the PP photos, but if anyone else has the PS3 version and wants to co-op some challenges or the game let me know. :D

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 17:26 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Now playing: Operation Raccoon City
Been meaning to get this one. I'm not a fan of Frank - I prefer Chuck. As soon as it $30 though it sort've vanished from some retailers stock. Recently found out it's gone out of print. Next time I go shopping I'll see if I can snag a copy, but only for that price.

One thing I will say is thank God for Sandbox mode. I wouldn't say it was a pain to get the plat in DR2, but it certainly was annoying knowing you were running against the clock and had to do certain things inbetween certain times of a certain day, and so on.

As for the series in general. Think it's the best when it comes to zombies in general. It really does capture the glory of what Romero made famous. That and the bosses are fantastic - up there with No More Heroes and Metal Gear Solid when it comes to that "unique" factor.

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 11:15 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Matieo10 wrote:
One thing I will say is thank God for Sandbox mode. I wouldn't say it was a pain to get the plat in DR2, but it certainly was annoying knowing you were running against the clock and had to do certain things inbetween certain times of a certain day, and so on.

I did a perfect run in DR2, killed every psycho (except the stage one who you can save), rescued every single survivor, did story mode to its fullest.

For Off the Record I played through story once letting a good number of people die because I could not be bothered, messed about in sandbox for 30 minutes and sent it back (rented).

They really did not add enough content for it to be worth a re-release/rebuy/rehash.

PostPosted: May 30, 2012 0:16 
Wishmaster
Mikami's Head

Now playing: kof XIII, VF5FS, DR2:Case West
PSN: DJ_Clarknova
XBL: JackoRCB
One of my friends actually got this game (He missed out on DR 2 and opted to buy this instead, since he likes Frank West) and has been sharing stuff about the game with me. One of the cool things I can say about OTR, from what I heard, is that

Spoiler:
Rebecca Chang actually plays a more prominent role and actually survives. Needless to say, as out of the blue shocking her getting offed in Vanilla DR 2 was, it greatly upset me because I liked her a lot. I'm not so sure about Stacey becoming a villain (ala MGS 4 with the Patriots being the support team from MGS3), but I guess in the game it somehow works out.

I wouldn't mind picking this up at some point when the price really goes down (about $20ish).

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 30, 2012 1:30 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
I've seen off the record for $20. Still prefer chuck though so not really worth it for me personally.

Sent from my Droid

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 30, 2012 11:01 
Wishmaster
Mikami's Head

^ I kinda figured it'd be about that price right now. But you already know man, I've got better things to spend $20 on *coughdatfinalshowdowncough* And yeah, I like Chuck. A lot actually. He really grew on me as a character. He doesn't try to be overly bad ass and I tend to lean toward characters with high resolve (determined to keep his daughter human by scavenging for Zombrex). Aside from the aforementioned spoiler, I prefer DR 2's canon plot. Frank in Fortune City is cool and all, but just seems out of place IMO. Hell, a lot of the bosses in DR 2 actually made sense because they had vendettas against Chuck. I actually wonder how they interact with Frank.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 30, 2012 11:22 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

That's why I like Chuck. He's a more believable character and a very likable one. He's not that 'badass forced down your throat types of cool' kinda character that they've turned Frank into. Frank wasn't that bad in DR1 but, they've kinda turned him into a gimmick post DR1. I never 'minded' Frank, but, I never really cared too much for him either way.

Jumping into a zombie filled city for selfish reasons like a news scoop isn't exactly an endearing storyline. Wheras Chuck simply trying to save his daughter and getting framed and 'stuck' in a zombie filled city is far more believable and makes him far more likable since he wasn't throwing himself into danger for petty reasons. He did it only to clear his name and save his daughter, both respectable reasons.

Either way, only thing that interested me in OTR that I watched on youtube was:

Spoiler:
Chuck replacing what's his name (been awhile since I played so I forget), but, the green suited motorcycle psycopath. But, yeah, Chuck replacing him as the psychopath was pretty interesting (and sad). Especially seeing the doll of Katie on his back and him basically having gone crazy after losing Katie to the infection. It made Chuck pretty much the most tragic and understandable psychopath in the series that you could actually sympathize with.

Still wish they had given Frank a Chuck Alt instead of that megaman costume in UMvC3.

But, regardless, most fans love Frank more just like tons of people love Leon the best because of that 'forced badass' nonsense. And poor Chuck gets the shaft. I bet there's some annoying d-bags out there calling Chuck a 'whiny emo' too like they do to any realistic character who isn't a forced badass like Dante, Leon, etc.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2012 12:21 
Wishmaster
Mikami's Head

So, I started playing Case West and already 5 minutes into the game I'm wondering why they even bothered with Off the Record. Especially if it's not even canon. They'd have been better off just using the budget and time towards a DR 3.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2012 22:46 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
That's a pretty interesting concept with Chuck in OTR, decent plot point for a spin off.

Loved Case West, especially the ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2012 8:34 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Jacko wrote:
So, I started playing Case West and already 5 minutes into the game I'm wondering why they even bothered with Off the Record. Especially if it's not even canon. They'd have been better off just using the budget and time towards a DR 3.

I bought Case West the day it came out. I have still yet to actually sit and play and beat it. I played it for a half hour the first time and then never got back to it because I had some other game that just came out and got involved in that. Then got another game and eventually after awhile I kinda just forgot about Case West.

I've been meaning to play and beat it but I'd rather co-op it. Just not up for solo'ing that one. Case Zero and DR2 I didn't mind but Case West just kinda bored me with it's locale. The factory was just so..........bland.

Profile WWW
 [ 67 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next