[ 67 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 4:26 
Fur Ball
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Dota 2 and WoW: Panda Edition.
XBL: foxyareku
Saw some youtube footage, albeit not that much, but from what I did see it looks like my original fears were true.

Same game, different main character, fan service to the extreme.

Don't think I'll even rent it like I originally intended.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 14:31 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Well, yes and no.. pick it up at a cheaper price later. There are noteworthy revisions (new survivors, some new bosses, different requirements). Think of it as a revision both design wise and technically.

Curiously, the file size is smaller than DR2 but there is VA with Stacy giving your instructions about the survivors.

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 6:08 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Well that's what Foxy meant though. Despite some fan service revisions, it's the same exact game, just with Frank instead of Chuck. The idea of 'what-if' it was Frank instead of Chuck gives light to a more varied kind of scenario of what could happen instead of a pretty straight forward re-romp of Chuck's outing.

I believe that's what Foxy's dissapointed in.

I watched on youtube the new boss replacement for Leon and that was about the only interesting part of Off the Record for me. It was a neat idea and fun to watch, but, that was about it. I don't really see a reason to get the game myself either.

Any gameplay fixes etc. that came from it should have been given to DR2 itself as well since obviously some fans are going to prefer DR2 vanilla over OtR or Chuck to Frank and vice versa.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 22:26 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Outbreak ID: RIP
PSN: xKomaru
XBL: xKomaru
If it was released as a director cuts ver of DR2, i think i wouldn't have purchase it. buying the same game with just problem fix with same story is hard to justify another 40bucks.

yes OTR is 85% same story but atleast theres still part of it that is different and enough for me to buy it.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 22:48 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Now playing: Resident Evil 1.5
PSN: jill-sanwich
This post repeated itself for some reason, Sorry mods.

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 22:54 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

flatbush wrote:
if it was released as a director cuts ver of DR2, i think i wouldn't have purchase it. buying the same game with just problem fix with same story is hard to justify another 40bucks.

yes OTR is 85% same story but atleast theres still part of it that is different and enough for me to buy it.

What if it was the same game with both technical improvemants and extra story ? If they added to the story instead of copy and pasting frank in with minor and sometimes terrible changes in dialouge this game would be worth it. The technical improvements are't even that great. yeah, theres shorter load times but the frame rate is even worse compared to the original. Also, in off the record it takes forever to save a game now. DR2 vanilla plays alot more smoother than off the record.[/quote]
SG79 wrote:
Well, yes and no.. pick it up at a cheaper price later. There are noteworthy revisions (new survivors, some new bosses, different requirements). Think of it as a revision both design wise and technically.

Curiously, the file size is smaller than DR2 but there is VA with Stacy giving your instructions about the survivors.
There really aren't that many new survivors, just a few new models to replace the old ones.

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2011 5:18 
Homer J. Fong
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
I didn't say there are lots of them, and we're past the point of me repeating myself. I've finished game twice already so I'm not playing a spectator going off youtube vids either. Take it for what it is but I'll say this much: the idea that this isn't a worthy release while you think that a director's cut addition of the original would've been is chuckle worthy.

Don't know about the PS3 version, but everything is smoother on the 360 including the save loading.

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2011 16:16 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

No need for you to start getting nasty. I was wasn't attacking your opinion just adding a counterpoint. If you want to pay for an oddly shoehorned Frank West be my guess. But some people would have liked techinical and story additions to the original game. you know...the one thats actually canon. This game is halfway between dlc patch and full game. More should have been done to get it to being a full game.

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2011 12:20 
Tofu Tea
Tofu Tea

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Outbreak ID: RIP
PSN: xKomaru
XBL: xKomaru
If it was an additional story, i could careless about getting technical improvement and just give me a dlc for just that story. definitely not a $40 deal.
if you guys are on the fence, then just wait til it get cheaper. i would say $20 for if you hadn't seen the youtube video and spoil the story. And if you did then probably $10.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2011 4:16 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Never said it should simply be a directors cut of the original. I said they should have released the added fixes of OTR to the original DR2 as 'well' or just release OtR & DR2 Vanilla together with the same fixes. Basically you choose whether you wanna play as Chuck or Frank at the new game screen and you play either story accordingly, either Vanilla or OtR story mode. Either works fine because it's not just outright ignoring vanilla and not fixing any problems etc. while giving all the fixes to OtR.

That's why OtR isn't worth a purchase to me because I obviously prefer Chuck over Frank and Frank's story isn't 'different' enough to warrant a purchase. If it was a full new game with a full new story i could be bothered to get it, but, just to see Frank doing Chuck's scenario with a few dialogue and spare scene changes isn't really worth it again considering especially I much prefer Chuck to begin with.

Profile WWW
 [ 67 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » General Gaming

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next