Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 0:45 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: FEAR 2, SC: Convection, C1
XBL: IronAvenger90
EternalWreckage wrote:
Wow tonight's episode was absolutely crazy.

Spoiler:
They didn't exactly lose any important characters, just the ones I was expecting to die anyway. I loved the part where they introduce Michonne. I've been waiting for her character, and even though I haven't read the comics I can tell she'll be awesome. I'm glad Andrea was OK.

Now we have to wait for months to see what happens next. I hate the time after a season finale.

Oh, and that meme is hilarious! :lol:

It was a great season finale. And Michonne, bad ass i say so myself. And the meme was freaking great.

Lori though, she is really getting on my nerves. First she is worried about Carl, and then she goes away from Rick after then her that he killed Shane, and let Carl finish the job. What kind of :dario: is that?

"Though a good fight every now and again, does make life interesting. Don't you think?"-Dante DMC4

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 1:10 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Favorite title: Biohazard 6
Wow this season's last episode was certainly full of action! And Michonne makes a great first impression :D Also it seems that when characters get a taste of murder, they get a bit darker. First Shane and now Rick. I haven't read many of the comics but I never pegged Rick to be so... oppressive? At least he's starting to seem that way. Also can anyone help me with the last shot of this episode?

Spoiler:
Was that the prison they showed? I couldn't see it clearly.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 1:33 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: RE6, Pokemon X and Smash 4
PSN: ZOMBIE-VITO
3DS: 489759654407
Spoiler:
Yes indeed it was.

The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

Resident Evil Prelude to the Fall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVn64Wc83M

Post subject: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 3:43 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
Epic ending to the second season. Rick is laying down the law finally, just wish he would've done it sooner so Shane didn't need to die. The appearance of Michonne is going to turn the fire up a notch. And yup, that was a prison indeed.

If anyone else watched Talking Dead afterwards, Kirkman and another EP hinted that next season will be more action packed than this one.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 7:38 
Test subject 19
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: RE5, RE2, RE3...All of them.
XBL: USS Agent Eo
Yeah, the action comes naturally with the prison setting, for those who know what awaits them there.

Btw, Merle is confirmed for season 3, I totally called it that he'd be with the Governor's men :D

Something VERY interesting happened to Rick last night. Looking at it from a system theory perspective where every group is a system as they create various relationships with eachother... I have a sneaking suspicion that with Shane's departure, Rick also kind of subconsciously realized that Shane having been there was what HELPED Rick be that "good guy". Now that he is gone, he also has to carry the role of Shane and the role he left behind in the system, which will definitely partially change his personality AND the group constellation. Not to mention that Rick has to carry the burden of having killed his friend - as much as he disagreed with Shane's ways he didn't wish for it to have to go down that way.

Ontop of that, now there's Lori's little outburst to consider and the toll that is going to take on Rick. We've been shown that Lori supporting Rick in his decisions is very important to him but for once, she is more than against something he did. In fact, I think she is afraid of him now. Does she hate him for having killed Shane or for the fact that Carl was there to put him down? Hopefully she will come to her senses, because if she doesn't, she might be a big reason to Rick's downfall. I am sorry, but with his newly adapted attitude, he is going to end up not doing much better than Shane, and the group is going to start having more internal conflicts and probably start breaking off.

Phew...

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 8:16 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: RE: Revelations
Outbreak ID: LOL
PSN: BigStu1981
XBL: i r punish0rz
Erm...disappointing episode.

Enjoyed the carnage at the farm, thought it was really well put together. But then the episode kinda fell apart with everyone just rolling up together on the highway, could've dragged some tension out of that angle alone.

Then it got dark on went straight back on the comic book tracks - which i liked. Squealed like a girl when Michonne appeared, then Rick went world domination on everyone before showing the prison (my favourite "era" of the comic books). That was all good.

Maybe this is a sign some of the creativity is starting to run dry without Darabont at the helm?

Didn't think the episode was anywhere near as good as some that there's been this season.

need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives
his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"
Carnivol, June 2010

I am the cause of all your problems...

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 16:02 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Loved the episode, nice lead in. Hated how the group treated Rick though, mainly Lori. She's a piece of shit, kindly put.

Yama has received a thanks from: DavidKing
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 16:09 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

Yama wrote:
Loved the episode, nice lead in. Hated how the group treated Rick though, mainly Lori. She's a piece of shit, kindly put.
Yeah, not sure how she can go so cold on Rick considering the other week she was trying to get him to kill Shane!

Carnivol, June 2010

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 16:22 
The Dragon
Chat Moderator

Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
I was kind of upset that Andrea was left behind. Didn't the other, other older woman see her shoot the zombie as it fell on top of her? I figured they would have stayed together after that. But seeing Michonne and her appearance seemed a bit more unseetling than anything. I haven't read the comics, but what good does carrying two walkers on a chain do? Does it protect her or ward off other zombies or something? I just think it's weird. :P

But the last 10 minutes seemed to have more tension than the whole standoff at the barn. Especially since those who were eaten weren't main characters or really even side characters.

But the prison shot at the end was so cool. I have a real interest in prison settings and the oppression they bring with their detainment. I think it represents that Rick being an ex-officer will be more in control and the other cast will be like "prisoners" kind of. I am so excited for the season.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2012 16:51 
Big Truth
Biohaze Supporter

If you haven't read the comic books, and if they keep up the momentum the series has shown for the large part - season three is going to be such an incredible event.

Carnivol, June 2010

[ 491 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 50  Next