[ 90 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mar 08, 2011 4:48 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is an upcoming horror film based on the survival horror video game Silent Hill 3 and a sequel to the horror film Silent Hill, which is loosely based on the survival horror video game of the same name.

Quote:
The first image from Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is here, and we have it for you along with a bit of casting news free of fog, ash, and the menace of twisted creatures waiting to pounce at every turn...

Continue Reading...

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2011 4:56 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

I'm excited for this adaption. For one I loved Silent Hill (2006) and thought it was perhaps the best game to movie adaption to date. It's been five or so years since the sequel was announced, so I'm glad to see it's still in the works. More so, based off of Silent Hill 3, my favorite title in the series. This thread better get some legit love.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2011 20:49 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
Although I nearly tossed the game like a Frisbee out of frustration when I first played it (way back when mind you), I thought the movie was well done. I may give these another shot and begin from the beginning as they say. I'm planning a stop by an out of the way game store tonight so I'll try to pick up a dusty copy of the original

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2011 22:31 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Whatever you do at least try Silent Hill 3, definitely worth it. Game holds up incredibly well too.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2011 22:48 
Monster
Biohaze Moderator

SH3 or 2, but the former definitely holds up well graphically to this day. Both on PS2, since the Xbox and PC versions have their own issues. The Xbox SH2 was one of those very rare cases where the PS2 game was tangibly better, particularly where it matters with SH, the music.

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2011 22:57 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Well if you have a decent PC go for the PC version of Silent Hill 3. The PS2 version holds up, but the PC surpasses games that come out today, literally.

As far as games, I'll always prefer Silent Hill 3 to Silent Hill 2. I think it's an easier game to get into, has more variation and is slightly more akin to the Biohazard style than the first two. Pretty much a good game to start with for a Biohazard fan. Silent Hill 2's story will always be the best though.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 3:02 
Great to see this get underway, finally. Although, I have never heard of the actress they've selected to play Heather. IMDb does not have much info on her, either. But she has appeared in many TV series in recent years, so at least she's somewhat established.

Hopefully she will do a stellar job of the role, because it's not gonna be easy to play a video character who was so well created in the first place.

I wonder if the cast have even played a Silent Hill game, let alone any game...

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 11:12 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
I completely agree with yama, Silent Hill is the best video game adaptation I've seen. They may have changed the story and some of the characters but they captured the atmosphere of Silent Hill perfectly and Akira Yamaoka's score being used throughout gave me multiple fangasms.

It would have made more sense to go with Silent Hill 2's story I think, but I won't complain, Silent Hill 3 is my second favourite Silent Hill game.

So, some updates about this:

Rhada Mitchell, Sean Bean and Deborah Kara Unger will all be reprising their roles from the first movie:
http://www.slashfilm.com/radha-mitchell ... lation-3d/

Some set pictures have been getting out online, it looks fantastic so far:

Lastly, here's an interveiw with Adelaide about playing Heather.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entert ... 6023146392

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 10:12 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

PSN: gransport
Eh, the actress who plays Heather doesn't look too different from the game version. But keep in mind that I never played the game, only looked at advertisements and the occaisinal youtube video.

Yes, I do have a lot of regrets.

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 20:32 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
I wouldn't be surprised if they release a Silent Hill HD Collection featuring SH2, SH3 and SH4 for the films release. You may get a chance yet.

Profile WWW
 [ 90 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next