[ 20 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Scream Franchise
PostPosted: Apr 17, 2011 14:16 
Because it's actually scary and much more believable when prior characters are written off, and it also shows the makers of the movies have the balls to do a proper horror film and not just another fast buck, which anyone can achieve. Thus why the character of Randy was not allowed to return, as they had intended him to. It would have just been totally unconvincing if they did that.

Think of similar examples in horror movies like Friday the 13th, Halloween, Psycho, The Descent, etc. All of these franchises had major characters returning in the next few films and being killed off. That was great.

Scre4m was not scary in the least. It just had tons of people getting stabbed and it was bloody, but not really that scary. We already had that shit in Scream 1, 2 and 3. And then the same characters survived again and again, just because they are well liked. I knew Sidney wasn't gonna die when that *person* stabbed her. It felt so unrealistic that everyone else who got cut deep died and yet she didn't.

But what do I know? Just saying I think it's not a good start to this new trilogy they got planned. I really was hoping that Sidney went nuts from all the psychos in her life. I mean, how many psychotic relations can a person have? Scre4m was a cash-in. Made to make money off the name alone. Kinda like what RE is now as well.

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2017 13:26 
Banned
Banned

Anybody excited about the next season of the TV series based on this, which is a reboot?

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2017 19:20 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard: Revelations 2
PSN: matiasw93
You Died wrote:
Anybody excited about the next season of the TV series based on this, which is a reboot?

Don't tell me about it. I actually loved the past two seasons and they decided to reboot the whole thing out of a sudden :mad:
There was so much we didn't know...

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2017 21:43 
Banned
Banned

Yep. I really have no idea why the franchise warranted getting a TV series anyway. The films were badly milked. We got 4 films, about largely the one person. Even a second film wasn't necessary, but I can live with that. But 3 and 4 were just over the top.

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2017 0:09 
Banned
Banned

Yup, it's pretty odd how they just want to suddenly reboot the show. Just a slap in the face for whatever emotional investment we had in the established characters. Audrey and Brooke were my favorites on the show. But I'm willing to give the reboot a chance if the trailer impresses me.

Gimpy has received a thanks from: You Died

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2017 14:11 
Banned
Banned

I don't think the series is needed in general. However, new ideas are always welcome if it means they quit rehashing everything. The story with Sidney, however, needs to stop. Now with Wes Craven gone, I see no need for the film series to continue.

It's like Halloween too: Many of the sequels we had were not necessary. Jamie Lee Curtis was killed off already, but in this day and age, they can just act like certain installments never took place with their knack to 'retcon' everything. At least Scream is attempting a different direction to go in now.

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2017 21:19 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Biohazard: Revelations 2
PSN: matiasw93
Nahh, reboots just make me wonder what was the point of everything up until now. The previous story had potential as we were still trying to figure some things out:

Spoiler:
Emma's dad appeared to have something to do with this... Who killed Kieran in jail?

I guess we'll never know...

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2017 14:43 
Banned
Banned

You Died wrote:
I don't think the series is needed in general. However, new ideas are always welcome if it means they quit rehashing everything. The story with Sidney, however, needs to stop. Now with Wes Craven gone, I see no need for the film series to continue.

It's like Halloween too: Many of the sequels we had were not necessary. Jamie Lee Curtis was killed off already, but in this day and age, they can just act like certain installments never took place with their knack to 'retcon' everything. At least Scream is attempting a different direction to go in now.

Scream 4 was pretty awful, to be honest. The only good film in the series was, surprise, the first one.

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2017 20:00 
James Sunderland
Biohaze Supporter

I think the Scream series is pretty great overall tbh.

I think 3 is definitely the weakest of the bunch.

I watched the first season of the show- it was good.

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2017 19:50 
Banned
Banned

I've not seen the Scream series yet. Hell, I've never watched Z Nation or Fear the Walking Dead in months too. Just had lots on my plate and been anxious to get new support to help me with i.e. filming work, and joining social groups.

[ 20 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1, 2