[ 404 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
PostPosted: Apr 06, 2012 19:28 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
Wooo, we put the smack down on Milwaukee today. If not for the bottom of the barrel relief guy in the 9th giving up a 3 run boomski, it would have been an 11-2 win. Guaranteed he goes to the bottom of the list for the next rotation of mop up duty.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2012 20:35 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

I hope San Diego does good this year. Im usually not extactic about them or anything but I want to be. After trading off some decent players for some rookies I hope to be suprised. One of those is Yonder Alonso a cuban born and raised and then came out of Miami U. Ill be watching him closely as he develops. Going to the game tomorrow. Padres lost twice to the dodgers now.

Edit: Three times now.. >_>
Meanwhile Marlins are doing good. Been a fan of them since 97 when I used to live there. Also ive always liked the Mariners. Wish they were in San Diego instead. But anways, ll still go to padres games and support the home team. I love my city and the padres are in it, so naturally I should.

Edit 2: Went to the game. Padres win today with good base running and help from a grand slam. Beautiful day for baseball.

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 15:14 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Padres, iew. Dodgers annihilated them overall. :)

Mets 4-0? I'll take it. If some of the younger talent develops and the pen even remotely lives up to what it's doing now, then they may just have a young nucleus worth noting. Maybe. Far too early yet.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 19:35 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

So I might be the only one that cares about this.. unless dvader decides to chime in but here I go..

Marlins manager suspended for 5 games after making comments that he respects Fidel Castro.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/10/mi ... ive-games/

So for some people I can see how this can be interpreted as not fair, unrelated to baseball etc.
But to me this is actually kind of a big deal, for Miami-ans atleast. I used to live in Miami for 8~ years. Marlins fan when they won the series in both '97 and '02. Im Cuban on both sides of my family. I have a long line of family that was in Cuban politics before castro. So to me, his comments are really unwarrented in a city so already filled with anti-castro and anti-chavez sentiment since 1959.

Living there is like living in a Cuba without Castro to a certain degree. Cubans have so much respect for the democratic system in the United States that its a big reason we have alot of Cuban Americans in the Navy and Marines these days. For the Manager of the now MIAMI Marlins to say anything remotely pro-castro is like saying that in the Trevon Martin case, the murderer shouldnt be held on trial and we should respect him. It really is just like saying that.

Bottom line is, Castro is a strong lined Dictator, a man who ordered thousands of murders through firing squad. Keeps still to this day thousands of political personers, has an intense presence in controling and maintaining the status quo in every community in Cuba. If one citizen speaks out in any way against the regime, the community there will harras them to the point they are killed or sent to jail. It's for all intents and purposes a lazy version of North Korea. Propaganda fills the streets. "Tourists" arent alowed in certain places. Cuba is not as nice as some people think.
Im not saying the U.S is, not by a long shot, but theirs some big disparities between the two countries rights wise.
(and what a team and owner decided to do with one of its employee's in the work place is different)

And on the subject of free health care everyone is so quick to bring up? It's a joke, keeping the people alive there long enough to see an end to the castro regime is all anyone really is looking for over there. They tout that fact like it's the most saintfull thing in the world. I respect they provide it but at all the other costs of being a modern Cuban? No thanks. And for the record to not sound like some typical right wing that is usually anti-castro, im very much a moderate. Castro and Chavez like him are just way too far left for anyone to see as fair leaders.

Also as a Marlins fan, for this guy to be of the un-cuban-american opinion is like man.. this guy is out of touch with the community, how can we rally behind that? I dont know about suspending him, but for sure he needed to make that apology atleast. Now he's got alot of "splaining" to do to get back on better terms with a majority of the fans.

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 23:01 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Ethier comes through big again!

Mets lost thanks to piss poor Jason Bay being batted in the four hole (wtf?), Wright being injured (just our luck) and a bevy of defensive errors. More or less, horrible game. Drop to 4-1. I just want to see them bounce back, last year losing was far too contagious and the team suffered from too many funks and not enough bounce back wins. Just the man we need on the mound however, in Johan we trust!

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2012 23:09 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Another outstanding game by the defending Champs. Our middle of the lineup is hotter than fire right now. Freese is epic. Pitching is beastly even without Carp right now. All I have to say is Albert who?

Profile WWW

Post subject: Official Baseball thread
PostPosted: Apr 11, 2012 1:21 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Albert who? Haha. Guaranteed you'll eat those words, tall order.

Profile WWW

Post subject: Official Baseball thread
PostPosted: Apr 11, 2012 1:41 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

No doubt he is probably the most prolific player of our time. However at the same time he's getting up there in age. He's still going to have good years, but I think the team thus far has the right pieces to continue the run from last year and contend for another ring.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2012 23:14 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Damn, this has been a strangely great start to the season. Not used to this, nor was I expecting it.

Mets pitching has been phenomenal and as the old adage goes, good pitching stops good hitting any day of the week. I'm still not expecting anything from them, but if even two players continue to produce and prove solid, I'll be happy. Really liking Tejada myself and hopefully tonight is a sign that Bay will at least prove useful.

On the other end of the country my bastard sell outs have a 9-1 record, best in baseball. Kemp and Ethier are too good of a punch, it's been a joy to watch. Happy Gordon won the game the other day, he had a rough game. I have high hopes for him though, essentially my new Reyes (albeit with a lot less power).

Have tickets to the Dodgers on the east coast this year in Philly, NY and Pittsburgh. Should be a good time. Also my gramps and I have been watching via MLB.tv this year, usually do the extra innings package. Liking the new features, apps, etc. Actually seems worth the money for once.

Here's to hoping I'm this happy a month from now, haha. Whatever happens I'm just happy to have baseball to watch and some young talent in Gordon, Tejada and hopefully Ike.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2012 23:42 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Dodgers have a great record no thanks to the shitty Padres. Wish we had a better team but seemingly they will always be a stepping stone both for players(gonzalez) and teams in the NLW to pounce on. You go to Padres stadium these days and theirs literally no jersey's being sold with a players name on it. SMH..
Hopefully Alonso will grow to be a good guy for us but so far its lack luster all around.
Miami and Seatle also doing meh. We'll see how that goes.

[ 404 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next