Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Scream Franchise
PostPosted: Apr 02, 2011 18:51 
First day on the force...
First day on the force...

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
XBL: Pre5identevil
Come here to talk about scream and the upcoming scre4m! I've already seen it, the ending hits you like a freight train. Lots of the good stuff like blood, tits, gore, nice skin etc

Post subject: Re: Scream Franchise
PostPosted: Apr 03, 2011 12:27 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: gransport
Scream 4 looks fairly well, might see it, but I'm not really excited for it...

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2011 9:25 
Well, I've not seen Scre4m yet because it's not out in the UK until April 15. I am planning on going with a friend or possibly several friends to see it at the Omni when it comes out.

But I've seen the other three, and I didn't think they were that hot or anything. But the how to survive a horror movie "ground rules" thing was quite new and a tad clever, and I can quite see why the genre felt reinvented in some way. However, I think a lot of these movies are boring because the unimportant characters obviously are meant to die. I call them fodder.

But I just thought it was pretty stupid how in Scream 2 when the police car crashes against the wall, the killer somehow gets out without being noticed. After Sidney and that other terrified woman crawled out of the damaged car, Sidney decides to go back to check on the killer, because she really wants to know the identity of the person who has been stalking her and others. And then the killer suddenly escapes despite escape being impossible, and then he stabs to death her equally confused friend, who can do nothing except be cut the fuck up.

Yeah, but it's a movie, so logic isn't really a factor anyway. But still... It is kinda stupid when you think about it. Because somebody would have seen or heard him / her leaving the vehicle, and yet that was not the case.

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2011 12:50 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Second Sons
PSN: bubbaq
I'm a huge fan of the Scream franchise. It's actually my favorite horror trilogy. When they announced Scream 4 awhile back I was a bit pissed to be honest. I loved how the movies actually ended and went full circle. Then they announce Scream 4 and I start freaking out they are gonna destroy one of my favorite horror series.

After the midnight viewing this morning though I can safely say they didn't. IN FACT, it's one of my favorites in the series now. Not only did it have the theater bursting up in laughter but there were a few nice jumps in there. There was one girl in the theater that me and my friend over heard and she said "this has too many funny parts to be a scary movie". My friend and I just looked at each other and said "she obviously has never seen a scream movie" lol They still have their nice little twists throughout the movie and the beginning of this one is probably my favorite in the series as well. I also like the character development in this one. Seeing how they've all held up over the 10 years since the last one.

Overall, I was extremely pleased. If you like the series in the slightest see it because you'll love it. If you haven't seen the series it's time for a scream marathon and a visit to the movies :D lol

Profile YIM

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2011 15:31 
I saw Scre4m today, and I liked it for what it is. But I still don't get why it was needed. I mean, it was okay, nothing that awe-inspiring. But it was more or less over after the third part. I'm not so sure we needed a Scream 2, but we got it. Now there are three sequels to what was once a somewhat original concept. Part 4 of course reuniting the original three survivors after, what? 11 years?

I'm not knocking Scre4m. It just did not seem that believable. I liked the parts where they would run down how remakes suck, cos they do. But the film actually felt like a remake itself. Like during the ending.

I won't spoil anything, but it left me thinking the film was unnecessary.

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2011 16:58 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Second Sons
It was completely unnecessary lol that's one of the huge reasons why when it was announced I was so upset. However, I did like what they did with it and if they stop here, (because honestly I don't see where they could go from here) I'll be happy. I enjoyed the movie but I don't want them to start making another chain of them. Let the series die now please. I love it but keep it the way it is.

Profile YIM

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2011 6:39 
It's quite amazing. How the same evil can effect the same people four times throughout four films? I mean, it's different in Halloween, Psycho, etc, because there's only one killer. But in Scream, two psychos die, another two at the most come back in a sequel, and surprise, surprise, all of them REALLY don't like Neve Campbell. It's so unlikely. Maybe she will become an hero and realize Woodsboro is safer without her. She's carrying the plague of death, it seems. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2011 9:48 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
Kristen Bell's part was the best in the entire movie, nuff said.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2011 12:16 
I would have liked it if they actually made this a serious horror film and killed off one or all of the original cast members in really memorable ways. Scre4m just felt like another notch on Craven's belt. A good sequel, but ultimately not much else.

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2011 13:28 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Resident Evil Revelations 2
PSN: JokerJo7
Pedro 5 wrote:
I would have liked it if they actually made this a serious horror film and killed off one or all of the original cast members in really memorable ways.

Making the original three redudent and pointless. Why invest in a character when rewatching the previous entries if you know they're eventually going to kick the bucket?

Profile WWW
 [ 20 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2  Next