[ 139 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Dec 09, 2017 9:56 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

XBL: EvilResident777
Weskers Report wrote:
props. I actually read through this last night.

did you add anything recent?

Since last night? Nah.
Quote:
Don't you love how the Bloodburster comes out the guy's fuckin back? :razz:

It's pretty great. (:

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"And around here, family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2017 4:47 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:

Here's part two of my coverage of The Thing! Gore warning.

Pictures:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gifs:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

At the risk of sounding like a psychopath, I love this kind of stuff. My inspiration for this thread, and even my favorite thing about the RE series, is both body horror and creative designs for monsters in general. Ever since I was a little kid.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

EvilResident has received a thanks from: Weskers Report

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2017 11:03 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: EW2,Dino Crisis,New Nightmare
PSN: GodOfWarVS.Halo
Hahaha!

you really love this film don't you?

one of my all time favorites as well.

Weskers Report has received a thanks from: EvilResident

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2017 3:53 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

This post will cover the video games The Darkness and The Darkness 2. Not included are the comic books these are based on.

Background:
Spoiler:
The Darkness is literally an intelligent manifestation of the dark, which is an actual force, as opposed to just being the absence of light. While light (the manifestation of which is a being called the Angelus) strives for order and justice, the Darkness seeks chaos and evil. In order to work in the realm of mortals, it requires a vessel to inhabit: a human host. It entices the host by granting them supernatural powers, and grows in power as these are used to create chaos (namely, killing people and devouring their hearts). It seeks to bring total darkness into the world, like it used to be before the beginning of time.

Many hosts have been used in the past, including Cain and Ivan the Impaler. The most recent line of hosts are the Estacado family. Anthony Estacado made a deal with the Darkness during WW1 to survive attacks from pursuing enemies. He and his family would become hosts, with it manifesting in his children on their 21st birthday. Several generations later, Jackie Estacado, a mob hitman, inherited these powers and used them to survive betrayal and civil war. However, he soon realised his greatest ally in this fight was also his greatest enemy...

Jackie:
Spoiler:
When using his Darkness powers, Jackie has two serpent-like creatures (more like Viperfish, actually) sprout from his back, as well as numerous tendrals he can use to impale humans and toss around objects like cars. A Serpent Head head can detach and operate independently, allowing Jackie to coverty attack enemies and sneak through tiny holes and cracks. He is also capable of creating vortexes that pull in enemies, can channel darkness into bullets, spawn flesh eating insects, see in the dark (with glowing yellow eyes), and can create a force field and later armor of darkness. Jackie can only use these powers in the dark, requiring him to destroy sources of light. The Darkness heads devour the hearts of corpses for the dark energy carried in the human soul. He hears the Darkness speak to him, voiced by Mike Patton, whose performance is excellent.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Darklings:
Spoiler:
Small creatures spawned from portals by the Darkness. They sometimes wear human clothing, and wield weapons such as hacksaws, jackhammers, and gattling guns. Some use electricity to destroy lights, and others detonate themselves with TNT.

In The Darkness, there are four different Darling types, and one of each can be spawned at a time. In The Darkness 2, you have a single Darkling that constantly accompanies you, with a British accent and hat made from the pelt of a house cat. Jackie can possess this Darkling on certain occasions.

There are some great other monsters from these games that I had in mind when I started making this post, but I can't find pictures for them, despite looking everywhere I could think of.

- Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2017 10:42 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

This was such a cool read for me because I never played the Darkness series.

if you find pics for those other ones put them up!

Thanks man.

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2017 9:53 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

The late Swiss surrealist artist Hans Rudolf Giger was known for the "biomechanical style" he created. I have here covered some of his work, including concept art for Alien and Poltergeist 2: The Other Side. This is not a complete collection of pictures, and some I have purposefully exluded for being NSFW.

Some of Giger's art that I have already shown:
Spoiler:

New additions:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage
This next one is actually Giger's original concept for Chestbursters.

And some more:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

- Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2017 10:03 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

The man was a legend.

his original Alien concepts were brilliant with its sexual trappings, the Alien head being of a phallic shape and the way the eggs opened up resembling a uterus.

btw, you have to clear Evil Within 2 so you can do one of these on that game. it really has freakish monsters from hell in it!

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2017 10:12 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Weskers Report wrote:
the man was a legend.

his original Alien concepts were brilliant with its sexual trappings, the Alien head being of a phallic shape and the way the eggs opened up resembling a uterus.

Yes, his designs are instantly recognizable and both brilliantly horrific and yet majestic.
Quote:
btw, you have to clear Evil Within 2 so you can do one of these on that game. it really has freakish monsters from hell in it!

I'm holding off on doing TEW1 in case TEW2 revises/updates the lore (and to avoid spoilers when looking for pictures). I'll probably play 2 sometime soon after Christmas, then make posts for both.

- Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2018 6:04 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Time for Fallout, the popular game series set 200 or so years after a nuclear war.
Considering how massive this series is, don't expect my lists to be completely comprehensive. I will cover only those monsters I consider most creative, ghastly, and cool looking. Giant insects and animals are not included, so no Radscorpions, Giant Mole Rats, Bloatflies, etc.

Monsters in Fallout are mutant creatures that are the result of radiation exposure from the nuclear fallout, or Pre-war lab experiments that escaped and reproduced in the wasteland. This post will cover radiation mutants, and a second one will cover engineered ones.

Radiation Mutants, part 1:
Spoiler:
Brahmim - Two headed cows used as beasts of labor by wastlanders.
Bighorner - Derived from Big Horn Sheep.
Mongrel - While some dogs are comparatively unaltered by radiation, some (like humans) are more affected than others. Mongrels are the mutant variety, and feral packs hunt in the wasteland.
Radstag - Two headed deer.
Ghoul - Humans who are heavily irradiated will either die or become Ghouls. Some Ghouls are still sane and capable of reasonable thought, but others have degenerated into hostile animals (Feral Ghouls). Both types are healed by radiation, and can live hundreds of years.
    Ghoul (sane) - Still mentally human, but commonly treated as lesser beings by the non-Ghoul wastelanders (or "Smoothskins"). They rarely have hair exeeding whisps, have no noses or exterior ears, and are covered in radiation burns and necrotic skin.
    ImageImageImage
    Feral Ghoul - Essentially zombies. While they can be found outside, they prefer dark areas, like old buildings or underground areas.

Radiation Mutants, part 2:
Spoiler:
Mirelurk - Mutant crustaceans, they come in several varieties based on the species they are descendants of, but all species live together and even interbreed.
    Mirelurk (standard) - Descendants of crabs, these have a variety of appearances. Some have an extra set of claws, others have a darker shell. Some walk on typical crab legs, others on legs greatly resembling those of a human.
    ImageImageImageImage
    Mirelurk Hatchling - Hatched from eggs presumably laid by a Queen, these are violent themselves, but have low attack power. About the size of Radroaches (or small dogs).
    Mirelurk Hunter - Mutated from Lobsters. These spit acid.
    ImageImage
    Lakelurk - Living together in and around lakes or amongst other Mirelurks, these humanoid creatures are descendants of turtles. They have a sonic attack. Called "Mirelurk King" in Fallout 3, but this was retconned in Fallout: New Vegas.
    Mirelurk King - Mutated from frogs, these have taken the title "Mirelurk King" from Lakelurks in Fallout 4.
    ImageImage
    Mirelurk Queen - Enormous Mirelurk mothers that spit acid, launch eggs, and crush anything in their path.
    ImageImage
    Nukalurk - Mirelurks that live in water contaminated with Nuka Cola Quantum, a pre-war soft drink. Due to an isotope found in the drink, they glow blue.
    ImageImageImageImage
Yao Guai - Mutant bears, named by Chinese prisoners in the US. They might be Ghouls.
ImageImageImage

Radiation Mutants, part 3:
Spoiler:
Slurper - Salamanders in Far Harbor.
ImageImage
Angler - Likely descendants of Angler fish, these use the lures on their heads (which look like fruit that grows from the surface of water) to ambush prey by submerging themselves.
ImageImageImage
Fog Crawler - Giant Shrimp. These hunt in the radioactive fog of Far Harbor, and are the toughest enemy type in all of Fallout 4.
ImageImage
Bloodworm - Mutated bloodworms are about the size of a fully grown human. Their larvae infest Brahmin corpses, and burst out to attack nearby targets. Able to burrow underground and sporting four-pronged mouths, these are similar to the RE3 Gravedigger.
ImageImageImage
Trog - Humans in the final stages of infection with the Troglodyte Degeneration Contagion (or TDC). TDC is a disease native to the settlement known as "The Pitt" (post-apocalyptic Pittsburgh), created by a mixture of radiation and the pollutants/toxins found in the area. While early stages are characterized by skin lesions, in mid-stages the chemical makeup of the brain is altered, turning people into the savage "Wildmen". Wildmen eventually degenerate into Trogs - hideous quadropetes that feed on human flesh. They are sensitive to light, and so are kept out of The Pitt by spotlights. But if power ever went out...
They can be heard speaking occasionally, usually begging to be killed, and let out sounds of relief upon death.
ImageImage
Tunneler - Creatures found in the Divide. After the eruption of a nuclear warhead still in it's silo, the ground split open, and these began to pour out. Natural creatures or underground mutants, they are expanding their territory to the surface, threatening everyone. While hunting in groups, they can rip apart Deathclaws with ease. They look like Sleestack from Land of the Lost, and reuse Trog animations.
Swampfolk - Denizens of Point Lookout who have mutated in response to radiation and inbreeding.

Many enemies in Fallout 4 have "Glowing" subtypes. These are so saturated with radiation that they glow green, and do radiation damage to enemies. Before this game, the only Glowing enemies were the "Glowing Ones", Ghouls (usually Feral, but not always) that can emit large blasts of radiation capable of healing and reviving other Ghouls.

Stay tuned for a second part.

- Franz Kafka

- Joe Baker

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2018 10:52 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Cool. waiting for you to talk about the Death Claw types (there are a few) as that is my favorite enemy from the series.
reminds me of Hunter.

also will you be talking about unique enemy types such as Shipbreaker from Far Harbor DLC?

I really love the series, well I mean played through 3 and 4 not familiar with anything before that.

thanks again.

[ 139 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next