Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 9:35 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 5
PSN: matiasw93
Blackbird wrote:
Can't say i agree. I absolutely loved what the first person view did to the RE franchise. Without it, the impact of some scenes and the general feeling while playing the game, talking about atmosphere, atention to detail with environmental storytelling, exploration and more personal combat just wouldn't be the same.

Also, we would have lost incredible moments:

https://u.teknik.io/6Rt3H.gif

https://u.teknik.io/Imymd.gif

https://u.teknik.io/ZYAsd.gif

https://u.teknik.io/UbGny.gif

There's so much more potential inside the FPP, i would hate to see it going back so soon, with a saturated market of years and years with the same type of games.

It worked for RE7, it tried something different. But the roots of the series lie in 3rd person gameplay, that's what distinguished RE from all the other franchises for years.
Again, I'm not saying that 1st person is bad, I never even complained about it when the game was announced and I really enjoyed RE7 being in first person. Although, I don't want to see it as a permanent basis from this point forward.
Resident Evil simply is more beautiful in third person, regardless if it is using fixed camera angles or over the shoulder, that EoZ screenshot says it all.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 9:52 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
Captain Redfield wrote:
It worked for RE7, it tried something different. But the roots of the series lie in 3rd person gameplay, that's what distinguished RE from all the other franchises for years.
Again, I'm not saying that 1st person is bad, I never even complained about it when the game was announced and I really enjoyed RE7 being in first person. Although, I don't want to see it as a permanent basis from this point forward.
Resident Evil simply is more beautiful in third person, regardless if it is using fixed camera angles or over the shoulder, that EoZ screenshot says it all.

First person allows for a greater level of immersion. You can inspect tiny details and have items hidden in more creative places. It makes everything feel more personal and ups the exploration factor. It's especially effective in small-space horror like 7, where you explore indoors.

Not nessesarily saying third person is inferior though. But plenty of other franchises use third person, so RE doesn't really stand out as unique for that. Look at SH, it's traditional competitor.
The argument about RE needing to use this or that camera style is just as applicable to the RE4 OTS change.

Ultimately, the RE engine was built with both in mind, and REmake 2 isn't first person, so I wouldn't worry too much.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

EvilResident has received a thanks from: Blackbird

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 10:04 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
First person allows for a greater level of immersion. You can inspect tiny details and have items hidden in more creative places. It makes everything feel more personal and ups the exploration factor. It's especially effective in small-space horror like 7, where you explore indoors.

RE7 worked fine that way. But imagine the main campaign in 3rd person? I can see it being more familiar to fans.

EvilResident wrote:
Not nessesarily saying third person is inferior though. But plenty of other franchises use third person, so RE doesn't really stand out as unique for that. Look at SH, it's traditional competitor.
The argument about RE needing to use this or that camera style is just as applicable to the RE4 OTS change.

Ultimately, the RE engine was built with both in mind, and REmake 2 isn't first person, so I wouldn't worry too much.

There might be a lot of other 3rd person franchises out there, but the same can be said about the amount of first person games that came out in recent years. What I'm trying to say is that 3rd person simply is more appealing for the series, but I don't mind first person at all.

- Chris Redfield

Captain Redfield has received a thanks from: An Herb Sandwich

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 11:12 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Now playing: Until Dawn - Resident Evil 7
PSN: CarabinaBR
Captain Redfield wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Can't say i agree. I absolutely loved what the first person view did to the RE franchise. Without it, the impact of some scenes and the general feeling while playing the game, talking about atmosphere, atention to detail with environmental storytelling, exploration and more personal combat just wouldn't be the same.

Also, we would have lost incredible moments:

https://u.teknik.io/6Rt3H.gif

https://u.teknik.io/Imymd.gif

https://u.teknik.io/ZYAsd.gif

https://u.teknik.io/UbGny.gif

There's so much more potential inside the FPP, i would hate to see it going back so soon, with a saturated market of years and years with the same type of games.

I understand where you are coming from, to a certain point. AAA third person titles are all around the market, it's hard to see a big horror game with the same treatment of Resi 7. Besides it, all i can see is indies trying their best to find a public.

At this point we have Dead Space, The Evil Within and many other franchises that relies on the success of Resident Evil 4 in order to achieve a more broad result.

We all know that third person won't go away for RE, because it's extremely popular. So don't worry about it, we will see more of it in the near future. And seeing Capcom experimenting more with the mainline titles, maybe we will get back into it with 8.

I just wanted to see at least one more big Resident Evil title with first person, i think it did a lot to the game and there is much more to explore in this fresh take on the series.

Blackbird has received a thanks from: Kevin Ryman

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 13:45 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Revelations ×100
PSN: sevil_yelims
XBL: McDickins69
In my perfect world, I'd solve this shit:

RE2 REmake: Fixed camera angles
REvelaitons 3: Over-the-shoulder
RE8: First person horror.

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 14:08 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Blackbird wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, to a certain point. AAA third person titles are all around the market, it's hard to see a big horror game with the same treatment of Resi 7. Besides it, all i can see is indies trying their best to find a public.

At this point we have Dead Space, The Evil Within and many other franchises that relies on the success of Resident Evil 4 in order to achieve a more broad result.

We all know that third person won't go away for RE, because it's extremely popular. So don't worry about it, we will see more of it in the near future. And seeing Capcom experimenting more with the mainline titles, maybe we will get back into it with 8.

I just wanted to see at least one more big Resident Evil title with first person, i think it did a lot to the game and there is much more to explore in this fresh take on the series.

They are free to try yet another first person game, I have zero problems with the gameplay to be honest. But there's no denying that RE without 3rd person looks strange, especially if they want to make 1st person from here on in.
We've had a few first person games in the past but that was just about it. RE7 is a numbered title with first person gameplay, the first ever in the main series.
Revelations 2 was pretty much survival horror at its core and a better game than 7 (not trying to offend anyone who liked the game, just stating my personal opinion). So yeah, despite having no problems with 1st person whatsoever, I do prefer 3rd person RE games, whether they are fixed camera angles or over the shoulder.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 15:00 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Now playing: Resident Evil 7
I also have some kind of solution for the first person lovers and haters,but it's kinda underrated whenever I say it:I expect RE8 to be in Dulvey with 2 main campaigns:one from the view of Alyssa Ashcroft,this one being more horror focused,like RE7 and in first person.The other one from the view of Jill Valentine,in 3rd person:BSAA was sent to help BU and Jill is a experienced SOA so she might be a nice choice for BSAA since Chris is cooperating with BU. SOA usually are sent in pairs,but I dunno who might come with her...anyway,that would allow some online/local coop,the focus would be more action oriented but not 6 like,I'd like to see something more 4ish...and those two campaigns are intertwined within the plot so they don't feel disconnected...this might solve the lovers of first person,the lovers of old characters and 3rd person,I guess,but that's just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 18:21 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Captain Redfield wrote:
But there's no denying that RE without 3rd person looks strange, especially if they want to make 1st person from here on in.

It doesn't look strange to me. People could say the same thing about the switch to OTS.
Quote:
RE7 is a numbered title with first person gameplay, the first ever in the main series.

There's a first for everything.
Quote:
Revelations 2 was pretty much survival horror at its core and a better game than 7 (not trying to offend anyone who liked the game, just stating my personal opinion). So yeah, despite having no problems with 1st person whatsoever, I do prefer 3rd person RE games, whether they are fixed camera angles or over the shoulder.

Obviously I disagree with Rev2 being better than 7, but from your perspective, what makes it better? The camera?

The first person perspective let them do things you couldn't in Rev2. 7 was isolated and confined, forcing back tracking and close inspection of the environment. In Rev2, it was simply moving from one area to the next. Exploration was as simple as going in all the rooms.

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 18:33 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

EvilResident wrote:
Obviously I disagree with Rev2 being better than 7, but from your perspective, what makes it better? The camera?

The first person perspective let them do things you couldn't in Rev2. 7 was isolated and confined, forcing back tracking and close inspection of the environment. In Rev2, it was simply moving from one area to the next. Exploration was as simple as going in all the rooms.

Well, Revelations 2 was one hell of a ride for me, the camera played no role though. The mechanics, game setting set in some abandoned Soviet Union Island, the story and the addicting Raid Mode were enough for me. That feeling of being isolated from the rest of the world, the overall environment was just gorgeous to me.
7 barely left a mark on my RE experience, I don't dislike it but I don't consider it anything out of the ordinary though.
I just prefer Revelations 2, plain and simple. It is one of my top 5 RE games, surpassing even RE4.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2017 19:04 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Captain Redfield wrote:
Well, Revelations 2 was one hell of a ride for me, the camera played no role though.

Well, then there you have it.

Personally, I love 7 for the exact reasons you said Rev2. Environments, isolation, story, and fun gameplay. The biggest difference for me is that 7 is much higher quality (best looking RE game yet), and it is more intimate, with that classic approach to exploration from the old games. Plus the tragic Baker family and realistic dialogue.

That's not to say I don't adore Rev2 as one of my favorites.

- Franz Kafka

[ 490 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 49  Next