[ 451 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 7:50 
Offline
Problem Eliminator
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Sep 17, 2006
Location: Bolton, UK
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
News Bot wrote:
Quote:
No, it's just you constantly misinterpret the 'personal' part. My personal wants have nothing to do with my stance on Umbrella Corps. I actually don't mind the game believe it or not.


What other way is there to interpret something like this?

Quote:
Wesker is an easter egg, evidenced even more by the 2007 revival date for Umbrella PMC in 7. He's about as relevant in this game as the RPD patch you can stick on your helmet.


Sounds like a declaration of fact, no? Didn't you also declare that CQBZ wasn't a fighting style at all and only meant maps?


Interpret it as my opinion because that is clearly what it is when said on a public discussion forum where people debate their opinions. Presenting something as factual would have been something like this http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles/TENTSU which I note was later quickly removed because it turned out to be incorrect. Just another example of you getting ahead of yourself, deciding your view was final, then presenting it as factual information on your website.

I said CQBZ was essentially just close quarters combat in a battle zone with infected creatures, which is also what it says in the official site. It literally stands for Close Quarters (Quarantined) Battle Zone which is exactly the circumstances you play the game in. I acknowledge that yes it is defined as a fighting style for the purposes of the story, but I also take into account the developer's comments that it is also a purposefully designed gameplay system built to suit this particular title. As UC was poorly received and a follow-up looks unlikely, it seems reasonable to believe CQBZ will not feature again and therefore not be terribly important to the story going forward.

The Antarctic base was not an unreasonable conclusion to reach considering the ending to CVX shows it being completely obliterated. By all accounts it should not be there. I'd certainly like to know how the heliport seems completely intact without some kind of sorcery at play. But at least I didn't conclude The Family was clearly refurbishing the base and performing C-Virus tests there based on a couple of screenshots...

The idea behind the quarantine zones is fine, but if you apply literal logic to them, hardly any of them should still be around. Lanshiang never had t-Virus zombies for a start, and in the game that area never had zombies in it, and the missile detonated in a completely different district of the city. It's also a small confined marketplace in the midst of a huge city. The BSAA could clean that area out in 5 minutes. Likewise the Tricell island has zombies and dogs in a confined area. If the outbreak occurred in circa 2011 it would still not be there in 2016. There's no reason to leave it when it is on the coast of what is clearly a populated area.

Look I'm not fishing for an argument here. I simply cannot be bothered. Let's just stick to a difference of opinion over this bloody game.

_________________
www.projectumbrella.podbean.com


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 8:06 
Offline
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
User avatar
Project Umbrella

Joined: Jun 23, 2007
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
I had nothing to do with "TENTSU", it was declared by someone else reasonably trustworthy and I put it up on their behalf since only staff can create articles. Obviously they were mistaken and I removed it accordingly.

You're now trying to justify your declarations of fact with "not an unreasonable conclusion." Now you say I should be some kind of clarivoyant and read all of these factual statements as opinions. I am not at fault for you not communicating well.

Quote:
I said CQBZ was essentially just close quarters combat in a battle zone with infected creatures, which is also what it says in the official site. It literally stands for Close Quarters (Quarrantined) Battle Zone which is exactly the circumstances you play the game in. I acknowledge that yes it is defined as a fighting style for the purposes of the story, but I also look at the developer's comments that is is also a purposefully designed gameplay system built to suit this particular title. As UC was poorly received and a follow-up looks unlikely, it seems reasonable to believe CQBZ will not feature again and therefore not be terribly important to the story going forward.


Don't lie.

Quote:
CQBZ is plainly not a countermeasure.


Quote:
Two factions fighting in a Close Quarters (Quarrantined) Battle Zone is not a countermeasure, plain and simple.


Quote:
And yes the quarantine zones are CQBZ's.


Should I have interpreted those as opinions too?

Quote:
Lanshiang never had t-Virus zombies for a start


The official website mentions both t-Virus and C-Virus Zombies and there's no difference between them functionally. The area not having Zombies in 2013 doesn't at all exclude the possibility of it having Zombies later particularly when bioterrorism is "par for the course."

_________________
PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 8:15 
Offline
Problem Eliminator
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Sep 17, 2006
Location: Bolton, UK
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
I didnt lie. And the fact only you are the only one who continues to whine about my point of view means everybody else has no problem determining what an opinion is so any misinterpretation is purely down to yourself.

Yeah so you are inventing a new outbreak to justify their existence. Exactly what i said several pages back.

_________________
www.projectumbrella.podbean.com


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 8:22 
Offline
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Joined: Oct 27, 2017
Quote:
Lanshiang never had t-Virus zombies for a start


The official website mentions both t-Virus and C-Virus Zombies and there's no difference between them functionall

they are different. T Zombies didn’t hold an Axe or any weapons as was seen with C Zombies


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 8:34 
Offline
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
User avatar
Project Umbrella

Joined: Jun 23, 2007
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Quote:
I didnt lie.


Huh.

Quote:
CQBZ doesn't exclude rifles at all because CQBZ is exactly what is described above, it has nothing to do with what individual weapons are used.


Quote:
And yes the quarantine zones are CQBZ's.


Simply mistaken then? Can always just admit that.

Quote:
Yeah so you are inventing a new outbreak to justify their existence. Exactly what i said several pages back.


I'm not inventing anything, I can actually just communicate when I am speculating or voicing an opinion.

ra7roobfar wrote:
they are different. T Zombies didn’t hold an Axe or any weapons as was seen with C Zombies


An unarmed C-Zombie basically functions like any other Zombie. The Ganado and Majini also behave similarly to Zombies in the game, though this might even be a plot aspect due to the new Plaga mutants similar to how Damnation's Ganados behaved very much like talking Zombies.

Also one Zombie in DC actually uses a crowbar, so a t-Zombie using a weapon wouldn't be unprecedented, just rare. Same way not all Zombies can open doors and not all retain some memory and end up lurking in places they're familiar with.

_________________
PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 9:57 
Offline
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
User avatar

Joined: Jun 6, 2017
Location: Azores, Portugal
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard 6
PSN: matiasw93
Well, just going to share my quick view regarding this whole CQBZ thing, we know that CQB in real life stands for Close Quarters Battle. It is a term commonly used to describe almost any type of combat situation such as rescuing hostages that are being held inside a building and shootouts, among many other types of situations a combatant/unit may encounter, either in open or confined spaces.
It is a tactical concept that basically requires the combatant/unit to know its surroundings and being able to use a variety of firearms to his advantage as each and every single battle zone may present a great variety of unpredictable adversities.
I've seen plenty of UCorps's gameplay and the battle simulations in there match the real life concept of CQB with Capcom's own spin on the term by adding B.O.W's and specifically indentifying the battle zones as being quarantined, according to what you guys were posting around here. With that being said, even if Capcom dismisses UCorps as being non-canon, I don't see a reason for this term to be completely dropped.
It basically is real life CQB with B.O.W's thrown into the mix. Even if the term was first introduced in UCorps, I can definitely see the BSAA already training their operatives for quarantined circumstances way back in 2009.
Fighting B.O.W's is a priority to anti-bioterror units, which means that the BSAA soldiers were already trained to deal with unconventional situations. Even if the term is no longer referenced by letter in the future, the main premise behind it will still be a part of anti-B.O.W training as far as we know.

_________________
"Trust is built through actions, not words..."

- Chris Redfield


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 14:56 
Offline
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
User avatar
Project Umbrella

Joined: Jun 23, 2007
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Yeah, CQBZ is a variant of CQB developed by HUNK to accomodate the circumstances of infection zones and apply new techniques and equipment.

Makes sense for a PMC.

_________________
PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.


Back to top
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 17:00 
Offline
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."
User avatar

Joined: Aug 3, 2017
Location: Montana, USA
Now playing: South Park: TFBW
XBL: EvilResident777
Weskers Report wrote:
Not much else to know though.

Bumping again from Dark Chris post

https://mobile.twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/951873468923985920/photo/1

He is interviewing developers for his upcoming book.

He placed the game in non canon section, surely he got inside information from developer interviews and didn’t just write up this chart for shits and giggles.


Ahh - I can’t get the pic uploaded right now.

But whatever, it’s all there.

I can list a dozen valid reasons why UCorps should be considered canon. If cvxfreak can confirm this officially, that's different. I'll wait and see and be open to correction, but for now my mind hasn't changed.

News Bot wrote:
An unarmed C-Zombie basically functions like any other Zombie.

C-Zombies are prone to bursts of speed and leaping. I think they have less brain damage due to the nature of C, and are not only more intelligent, but have greater motor control.

Same with A-Zombies.
Captain Redfield wrote:
Even if the term is no longer referenced by letter in the future, the main premise behind it will still be a part of anti-B.O.W training as far as we know.

Part of that premise is that BU have an edge against the BSAA.

Captain Redfield wrote:
I think that the person who took over the Rival Company is right here among us... EvilResident :lol: :jk:

Shhhhh

_________________
Body Horror Enthusiast

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
    - Franz Kafka

"Family is a righteous cause!"
    - Joe Baker


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 17:24 
Offline
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Nov 26, 2016
Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
EvilResident wrote:
Weskers Report wrote:
Not much else to know though.

Bumping again from Dark Chris post

https://mobile.twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/951873468923985920/photo/1

He is interviewing developers for his upcoming book.

He placed the game in non canon section, surely he got inside information from developer interviews and didn’t just write up this chart for shits and giggles.


Ahh - I can’t get the pic uploaded right now.

But whatever, it’s all there.

I can list a dozen valid reasons why UCorps should be considered canon. If cvxfreak can confirm this officially, that's different. I'll wait and see and be open to correction, but for now my mind hasn't changed.


Fair enough.


Back to top
 Profile

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2018 17:32 
Offline
Douchebag
Biohaze Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Feb 16, 2009
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Favorite title: Biohazard
News Bot wrote:
Quote:
I didnt lie.


Huh.



I merely randomly quoted this to make the following point: Keep this up and it's a one month ban. As soon as we have two of you active around here, you starting bickering. You've done this so many times across so many topics that I've lost count. It's beyond tiresome at this point.

I couldn't care less about the legitimacy of the respective arguments one bit. Neither of you are children so stop.


Back to top
 Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Share on Facebook Twitter
 [ 451 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goldsickle and 6 guests


Search for:
Jump to:  


Biohaze.com
Powered by
phpBB © 2000-