[ 46 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 16:26 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Sorry, I wanted a separate post just for regards to the timeline Vendetta takes place in.

I think this one key thing I posted before is a dead giveaway and gives us a good idea of the timeframe the film takes place in:

The film mentions Breaking Bad as a great show.

This means the characters are excited over a fairly recent TV series.

They wouldn't be gawking over it if not so.

Breaking bad ended its last air date on Sep 29, 2013.

It's safe to assume Vendetta took place shortly thereafter.

I think this was Capcom's subtle hint to us and now we can take several other factors into account because of this...

Of course we keep it to ourselves until Not A Hero is released but still this little bit dropped a bombshell on the timeline.

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 16:42 
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Biohazard 7
Has to be at least spring 2014, based on the weather we see in the game.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 17:29 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

Here is the section in Vendetta talking about the show:

phpBB [video]

to narrow things down, its when Chris and Rebecca are on their way to see Leon in Colorado.

The B.S.A.A. pilot Damien even says, "That shit's ahead of its time!"

So the show definitely recently finished its air date.

The last active dates from RE6 listed on RE.net community are from Jul 2013:

Leon and Helena meet up with Ada again and fight their way through the zombie hordes towards the Quad Tower. They are ambushed by Simmons, but are able to fend him off.

Ada enters Carla's laboratory and obliterates all traces of her research and activity. She disappears once again into the shadows.

Leon and Helena are forced to fight off Simmons once more while climbing the Quad Tower. Simmons mutates one last time but the pair are able to destroy him at last. They escape from the burning tower using a helicopter.

Chris and Piers find Sherry and Jake inside the underwater base. They witness the birth of the B.O.W. (Bio-Organic Weapon) Haos and stay behind to fight the creature, buying time for Sherry and Jake to escape.

Jake comes face to face with the B.O.W. (Bio-Organic Weapon) Ustanak in the magma control room. Although the creature falls into the lava, it somehow survives. Jake and Sherry use a Magnum to defeat it once and for all.

Chris and Piers battle with the B.O.W. (Bio-Organic Weapon) Haos. In a last-ditch effort to save Chris from the creature's grip, Piers deliberately injects himself with the C-Virus and begins to mutate.

Chris and Piers fight off Haos. Sensing he is on the verge of losing control to his mutations, Piers pushes Chris into an escape pod and launches it before his captain has a chance to react. He engages and defeats Haos one last time before the lab begins to detonate, and then surrenders to his fate.

July 2013 Season 5 Breaking Bad was just starting:

1 "Live Free or Die" Michael Slovis Vince Gilligan July 15, 2012 2.93[6]

The only thing about what you said CVXfreak is that the show ends Sep 2013, Spring 2014 is around March of that next year at the earliest, no one ever talks about a show like that like 6 months later after its air date ended.

No one would say, 'That shit's ahead of its time,' over six months after its last air date.
And all of Silver Dagger would continuously be talking about it in their chopper rides as per Chris's comment.

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 17:47 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Revelations ×100
PSN: sevil_yelims
XBL: McDickins69
Do we know for sure if this is before or after RE6? I heard Neo Umbrella mentioned but wasn't sure.

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 18:25 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Biohazard Remaster
PSN: matiasw93
Thank you for creating this! I was thinking about asking this same question.
So, it really takes place in 2014? Also, is it just me or any of the CG movies are never explicit regarding the time they take place?
I don't remember seeing a particular date in Damnation (even though it was later discovered that it takes place during 2011)... In Degeneration, if I'm not mistaken, there's a graphic related to the increase of bioterrorist incidents from 2001 to 2005, giving us the idea that Degeneration took place in 2005.
But no sign of particular dates in Damnation and Vendetta.

Smiley wrote:
Do we know for sure if this is before or after RE6? I heard Neo Umbrella mentioned but wasn't sure.

Yeah, Chris mentions something about Arias being the new Tricell and Neo-Umbrella, since they were the latest known bioterrorist organizations. So, I'm 100% certain this takes place after RE6.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 18:38 
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Biohazard 7
Damnation's timeline is stated in the opening narration. It takes place in February 2011.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 18:58 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Biohazard Remaster
PSN: matiasw93
cvxfreak wrote:
Damnation's timeline is stated in the opening narration. It takes place in February 2011.

Thanks for clarifying that! :smile:
It's been a long time since I last watched it but I knew it was 2011. I just couldn't recall the particular scene in the movie that actually clarified the time period.
There's also a radio transmission in Revelations 2, which takes place in 2011, that talks about the Eastern Slav's Civil War and even mentions Svetlana and Ivan Judanovich. I think that this was the only time where a CG movie's events are directly mentioned in a game... I wish they could make more references like these in the games, it helps to build some sort of connection.
As for Vendetta, there really isn't any solid confirmation about the year it takes place? Not even in the novelization?

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 20:01 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Captain Redfield wrote:
cvxfreak wrote:

It's been a long time since I last watched it but I knew it was 2011. I just couldn't recall the particular scene in the movie that actually clarified the time period.
There's also a radio transmission in Revelations 2, which takes place in 2011, that talks about the Eastern Slav's Civil War and even mentions Svetlana and Ivan Judanovich. I think that this was the only time where a CG movie's events are directly mentioned in a game... I wish they could make more references like these in the games, it helps to build some sort of connection.
As for Vendetta, there really isn't any solid confirmation about the year it takes place? Not even in the novelization?

From what everyone's gathered, there is no date given at all in the movie or novelization. Everything regarding a date has just been us speculating and giving our own educated guesses.

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 20:30 
God Complex
Biohaze Supporter

An Herb Sandwich wrote:
Captain Redfield wrote:
cvxfreak wrote:

From what everyone's gathered, there is no date given at all in the movie or novelization. Everything regarding a date has just been us speculating and giving our own educated guesses.

Except for a TV Show from which we know the exact air dates of..

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2017 20:40 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
Now playing: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
It's still speculation since we haven't been given a date from the movie, its supplemental material, or Capcom itself.

As I said before, an educated guess.

[ 46 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next